Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

'Wildfire Treant' spell could use a little boost

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2015
I just leveled my 'Wildfire Treant' pet to adult and got the 'Blazing Oak' talent which adds the 'Wildfire Treant' spell to your deck. I was excited at first, but when I looked at the spell's damage and the pip cost, I was a little disappointed. 7 pips for a DOT spell that only does around 500 damage in total and steals one positive charm? That is very weak for a 7 pip spell.

I think either the damage could be increased or the amount of pips required to cast the spell could be decreased to make the spell a bit less underpowered. Thanks!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Anna DreamWeaver on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
I just leveled my 'Wildfire Treant' pet to adult and got the 'Blazing Oak' talent which adds the 'Wildfire Treant' spell to your deck. I was excited at first, but when I looked at the spell's damage and the pip cost, I was a little disappointed. 7 pips for a DOT spell that only does around 500 damage in total and steals one positive charm? That is very weak for a 7 pip spell.

I think either the damage could be increased or the amount of pips required to cast the spell could be decreased to make the spell a bit less underpowered. Thanks!
I agree. Because of the item card nature of this spell it is not buffable so in order to get any decent damage you have to have stacked blades and hope for a critical. Even then, for 7 pips it's a weak spell. Honestly, in all the time I've played I've never seen anyone use this spell but me (amulet) and even then, I only used it in a low level fight while helping through the team-up kiosk. I wouldn't even bother loading this spell in a high level fight. The (somewhat) cool animation isn't worth the wasted time and pips when I can do much more damage with a Meteor strike for little more than half the pips.

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
I also second that, my fire wizard used this spell as an alternative to fire dragon, but it is extremely weak. Here's my improvement idea:

Wyldfire Treant: 7 pips; 195 + 595 damage over 3 rounds & steal one positive charm from all

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Agree per common sense. I don't have access to this spell but I see no reason why this spell is not at least 575 damage. It really should be more like 610 damage.

David Thundermancer 57

Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
Arcanexo on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
I also second that, my fire wizard used this spell as an alternative to fire dragon, but it is extremely weak. Here's my improvement idea:

Wyldfire Treant: 7 pips; 195 + 595 damage over 3 rounds & steal one positive charm from all
I think the steal positive charm from all would be a little too OP :P

I think it should be 200 fire damage + 600 fire damage over 3 rounds + -20% on next hit/heal or/damage attack.
Or maybe it could be 150 fire damage + 700 fire damage over 3 rounds + stun enemies for 1 round.

:)

- Kelly