Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why not have real shields

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Think about it. We have the sword why not get shields too. They could be set at diff block rates like 5, 10, 15 percent. Shields that are for your school or multiple school combos. Even a master shield that does a 20% def block rate for all spells cast. I think this would look alot better than running around with just a big ol sword and nothing to offset it. The options could be endless. So I will leave the rest up to the imagination of the WC community. I have played this game from the start and 5 grandmasters later i figured it was time for my 2 cents. Alura signing off.

O and one more thing. Sorry to everyone if this subject has been touched allready. Cant wait to see Ya.ll in celestia :D

Alura lvl 50 Balance
Death
Myth
Storm
Fire

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
O_O This idea would be horrible in PvP. People with grand gear, defense piggle and heart of steel already have about 46% defense. Imagine a 66%! The match would never end

Defender
May 24, 2009
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
[joequote=y987123]have sheildshave you noticed wizards NEVER

Well how many besides Gandalf use swords. It is always a staff, wand, or nothing at all. If you really want to get technical battle wizards do use both sword and shield and somtimes trained in hand to hand. But this is just a game and anything is possible. Just step outside the box a bit.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
andymlynek wrote:
Think about it. We have the sword why not get shields too.

I like that idea.

Right now, wizards get shield stats from ther cloak, hat, boots, athame, ring, etc. They would need to phase those things out and rely on the type of shield that you have equipped instead. Not sure how they would make that transition without people losing what they have already acquired through their gear, but I like the idea of those stats being from an actual item you can equip.

Perhaps they could simply implement a one-or-the-other situation? If you have a shield equipped, any shield stats from your other gear would be replaced by the shield stats from your actual shield.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 24 (Adept Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Pyromancer)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
i thought about this and you know how we have resistance. When it says resist why not a big thin shield appear infront of your wizards when it takes damage.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
We have the sword why not get shields too.

I really like this idea, it looks very promising. But i haven't seen any magic people (besides magic solders) with shields.