Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is there plenty of people who are mean to Cyru

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
You forgot that he is also the only teacher who calls you out in a student vs professor match. The only problem is, you only get the chance to 'teach him' once per character :)

When do you get to do this?

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl19
life&fire

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
If Cyrus Drake was so cranky because Maliastare turned evil, why doesn't he help us? When the Myth creatures took over Cyclops Lane, he stated, and I quote, "it is not my problem". When we asked him for help, first he made us bring him his laundry, and then he tried to expel us! That's why I am mean to him!

Defender
May 09, 2009
i started a myth wizard so cyrus was my teacher

on top of trying to get you expelled and doubting your abilitys if your in myth school he sends you out to find stuff that doesnt exist, so you have to get him stuff that could pass as the things you have to find. of course he is mean. what i dont get is why when he talke to malistair in the dungeon that he is suddenly all nice and careing even though it is his brother cyrus just doesnt seem the kind to be nice.

Defender
May 09, 2009
myth112 wrote:
i agree my myth is strong and all,but cyrus is cause he is the only teacher you see outside of ravenwood. he is also the coolest 8)

alex owlhunter
lvl31 myth wisard

not true the death teacher is in niteside and the balance krok instructer (and the balance school) is at krokosphinx

Connor DuneStrider lvl 50, grandmaster balance

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
ChaosXtaC wrote:
Everyone that is miffed over him trying to get you expelled after you collect and deliver his laundry needs to realize that YOU started it!

Everyone is quick to point out what Drake has done to them but no one mentions what THEY have done to Drake!

First let's consider why he might not respect us, have us pick up his laundry, or want us at Ravenwood, have us expelled. Many of you are thinking what do you mean, I haven't done anything to Cyrus Drake but you are wrong! Everyone spreads a vicious rumor about him that they are told by Diego! Now think about that for a moment, later that evening in a staff meeting over ambrosia Merle Ambrose chuckles and relates a rather humorous rendition of "Cyrus you won't believe what that young student told me today!" to which Cyrus laughs along with but at the same time takes offense to. That's why he is rude to you at first, you didn't give him the benefit of doubt when you spread the rumor, and he sees you as a troublemaker that is more trouble than you are worth!

Later on he begins to see that you might actually be able to help him with what he sees as a personal family matter that troubles him to his core. To Cyrus Drake, Malistaire is his problem to deal with and something that only he can handle, all the student wizards wanting to get a hold of Malistaire bothers him because he knows they are not ready or capable of handling a wizard as powerful as Malistaire. Everything he does to discourage us is for our own good, he is just being a good teacher. With millions of students wanting to rush off and battle Malistaire he is getting tired of telling them all they are not ready! He just wants us to study and hone our skills until we reach a point where he thinks we might actually be able to help him end the threat to the spiral.

He knows Malistaire isn't evil as we will all eventually learn and everyone thinking he is aggravates him. Yes Malistaire has had a nervous breakdown but that doesn't make him evil. He didn't intend to threaten the spiral, he just wants his wife back and has thrown caution to the wind in an effort to do just that.

My conclusion is simple Cyrus Drake isn't evil or mean he is just misunderstood and Malistaire Drake his brother is a misguided wizard focused on the love of his wife and is doing everything he can to recover his true love. To say a man is evil only because he is willing to do anything for the woman he loves is very judgmental of us. I should hope we all could find a love that powerful in our lives ... a true unconditional love ;)

Just remember YOU started it when you start wondering why he acts the way he does and that's my thoughts on the matter ...

Gabriel LegendWeaver
~GrandMaster Sorceror~

Gabriel ShadowWeaver
~JourneyMan Necromancer~

PS Pay attention to the intricacies of the storyline, small things like spreading the rumor explain how it's all tied in together. He's also annoyed over Cyclops lane and everyone blaming him for making things worse there only to find out Malistiare has influenced the cyclops General Akilles, Professor Greyrose made a mess of Colossus boulevard also but she isn't accused of working with Malistaire ...

Very well put! I couldn't have done better myself. Just to add a couple more points here,let us take a look at the art of Myth magic. It is based on the of summoning minions, and the art of conjuration is one of the most difficult and dangerous magical arts to practice. It takes lots of control and practice to keep your summoned creature from breaking free, which they will do if the wizard is not careful. If allowed to break free of the wizard's control the creature will more than likely turn on the summoner. Cyrus Drake needs to be tough and strict with his students so they can develop the skills necessary to be grandmaster conjurers. To maintain his reputation he needs to be strict with all students, not just his own.

Also Cyrus has a big heart, which became apparent to me the first time I fought Malistaire. He loves his brother and has tried very hard to stop him from destroying everything. Sometimes when men hurt so much they cover it up with a gruff exterior.

Katie UnicornRider, Master Conjurer
Katherine LegendShield, Initiate Conjurer
(Love Myth and Professor Drake so much I had to create two Myth Wizards!)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Ever heard of what goes around comes around? He is mean therefor people be mean to him. And I think he gets nicer (slightly) as the game progresses in Ds. One thing that might turn him around is a good girl

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
foulsteel wrote:
well professor drake is basically the wizard 101 form of professor snape from harry potter

lol so true
That's what I thought of him... When I first started playing the game

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
Personally, I find it quite obvious that Cyrus Drake is NOT evil, but he is still mean, and very cranky. I mean, COME ON. He tries to get you killed and/or expelled, AND he makes you get his LAUNDRY! :x If he where to get a MAJOR attitude adjustment, he would be a 5 star teacher

Fiona Starcatcher.
Grandmaster Necromancer.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
leapardcat wrote:
A lot of people say he is mean or evil but he is not! OK so he is a little bit cranky but how would you feel if your brother turned evil! :|

And i kinda feel bad for him

People dont understand how cool cyrus Drake really is i mean he goes out of his way to give you the best card in the game ORTHORUS He probrobly just didnt eat any cereal everyday :

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
At least we dont have to serve Drake AND Snape. I'd much rather have one than two meanies bossing me around.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
Because they don't understand that he was around to see his brother's wife die; and have his brother slowly descend into rage and evil. I'd be wanting someone else to do the laundry too.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
To everyone who says they HATE Cyrus, let me ask you this one question...

Do you understand the fact that its a game and he is virtual?

Oh and to the user Matthorn1011: Chill out, its a game. Your not that special to freak out because he almost expelled you, he does that to everyone, and believe me, i'm sure some more of the famous wizards didnt freak out about it...since its a game.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Ah yes, Cyrus. Yes he may be a bit mean and want us gone, at least at the beggining. I have the upmost respect for him, and I honestly think he's an amazing professor. Yes... yes.... I say a few things about him, but it's all not meant.

And to tell ya the truth, if one of my sisters (Sestiva or Victoria) went bazerk and turned evil, I would probably be exactly like him. xD

I remember that before I even made my Myth wizard, I as Sestiva Drake (Grandmaster Theurgist) and my friend made it to Malistaire. WARNING: Slight Spoiler alert! I was rooting for Cyrus to talk sense into Malistaire, and when Malistaire thought Sylvia was a hologram and hit Cyrus with that staff spell looking thing and then Cyrus made that being attacked movement and faded I was all "Gasp!!! OMG CYRUS NOOOOOO!" And my friend, who was MYTH, said "I'm not really all that sad". I told him that if I could I'd hit him with my Centaur right then.

And actually, I just laugh at him trying to get rid of me so hard instead of getting mad. I find it halarious. So cheers for you, Cyrus! Keep up the good work!

~ Tavia Drake, Apprentice Conjurer
Sisters- Sestiva Drake and Victoria Drake (DeathGrove)

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Alright I have more to add here-

If you actually think, neither Cyrus NOR Malistaire, for the matter, are evil or mean. Malistaire just lost the love of his life, and he's set out to bring her back, whatever the costs.
Cyrus probably also saw the death of Sylvia, and also watching his brother get in worse and worse condition, has to be hard. That's probably why he doesn't like to talk, because SO many things are going through his mind. And as for trying to get rid of us, he probably doesn't want to be bothered by students who don't take Myth seriously. He probably wants some alone-time. And he gets more and more respect for you the farther you get. I just got the troll minion, and I sensed a hint of appreciation from him. Cyrus has officially surpassed Moolinda Wu from my favorite teacher, (Still a fan of you though Moolinda!).
All this is another reason why I choose Drake for my last name. The family is just so heartfelt. I bet they were the best people alive when Sylvia was alive and well and Malistaire was happy. I quote from Ambrose himself, that Malistaire was caring and compassionate, and that Cyrus is a good professor and trusts him completely.
I mean, if the family that is your neighbors, one of them lost thier beloved wife and went off to somewhere, and the brother became depressed, would you call the family evil cranky grumpy and mean?! That's just cold.. So I say stiffen up, and "Do unto others what you'd they to do unto you." (aka, Be very nice to Cyrus!)

~ Tavia Drake, Conjurer

Historian
May 28, 2009
Well, has he expelled any wizard yet? No! So don't say that he expelled any person ok?! I don't wish myth wizard to be extinct.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
ugh i HATE IT when i see read and hear about low lvls with the savior of the spiral badge >.<

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I have another topic on why he is so mean all the time. I already understood that his brother traded sides but still, It doesn't give him the right to lay it on the students.

James Skull Weilder Level 48 death

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Jaramak wrote:
Lynked wrote:
Rose12345 wrote:
Maybe you should define "mean to Professor Drake" (myth not death)

Some guy wrote a true story about Malistare's childhood and it said that Cyrus was really popular that he made 15 friends each day. And Malistare wanted to impress some girl named Marissa (sorry Malistare, it's just so funny I could fall on the floor and laugh).

He's all cranky because Malistare is his brother and some people from Wizard City are blaming him. If you are that person, STOP!

Since Malistare is death and he has 10,000 life, I feel sorry for death wizards.

Natalie Flower
lvl 46 life wizard

I'm Adrian Deathsword level 49 necromancer
look, don't feel sorry for us! you MAY want to worry about your self.
i hate to say it, but life stinks when it comes to attack.

besides, death has the PRISMS!!!!!!
we could take on malistaire solo with only three potions and the clothes on our backs.
so if i were you, I'D watch out for malistaire, because he'll be tougher for you than me to go solo at.

I would have to agree with you on this one. Personally I have vie the death prysm one hit K.O.d Malistair doing almost 60 000 damage. Now who should feel sorry for who. Me thinks we should feel sorry for poor Malistair.

I don't think we should feel sorry for malistare I mean he chose his side. Sure his wife died and all of that but he chose to be evil so that's what he gets. I don't mean to be mean but anyway, I'm just saying he shouldn't have chosen to be bad.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2010
Cyrus Drake is like professor Snape they are mean and rude but never evil.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2009
dounut789 wrote:
Cyrus Drake is only grumpy cuz his brother is evil

wouldn't you be grumpy?

if my brother became evil, I would chase him down, hang him from the ceiling by his ankles, and force feed him my smelly socks. Then I would shoot crushed ice at him from a cannon. Then I'd make a machine that would tickle him 24/7 till he gave in.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
Cyrus Drake is mean! Wow big wup! Malistaire is 10x worse. So if you pick on a teacher pick on the former death one.

Sloan Windthislte Conjurer P.S. Cyrus is my teacher!

Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
Now quit saying CYRUS IS MEAN! Cuz he is NOT. Neither is Malistaire! The went through a very hard period of Life, they both lost a lot! The only difference between Malistaire and Drake is, is that Malistaire completely freaked out and went totally bananas, and Cyrus still got himself under control!
Be nice to Cyrus, but you can kill Malistaire!

~Jessica Starrider

Historian
May 28, 2009
izzi250 wrote:
ugh i HATE IT when i see read and hear about low lvls with the savior of the spiral badge >.<

Is fixed now, only people who have done the QUEST can have the badge. The badge is not found on Malistaire anymore, is on the gift the headmaster gave you after you defeated him.

Historian
May 28, 2009
McQuinn10 wrote:
Cyrus Drake is like professor Snape they are mean and rude but never evil.

It looks like that you have to watch the sixth movie! Professor Snape is the one that killed the headmaster. By using the most deathly spell. And i am excited about the most new movie that will be out soon.

Anyway, none has been too happy.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
idk why everyone is mean to him but he's kinda mean himself. if he was nicer and smiled a little bit- maybe, just maybe, the players would be nicer to him. i have a myth wiz and he hates her. mainly though he wants everyone to 'leave him alone', so i figure he's some sort of a lonely life liver. he honestly would be better off being a military general XD