Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do we need an eighth school?

2
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
65
Rusty322 wrote:
That is pretty smart of you when you think of it that way, but that doesn't mean they have to change the ENTIRE game just to add a new school. And even if they do add a new school, what group will it be put into? Theere are two groups of magic so far: the Elemental and the Spiritual. If they make a new one they would have to make a whole new group. On a different post, I read that a guy was asking what element Ambrose was. He posted a reply saying that he has studied all the schools and is now focusing on a new group of magic: the Asral group. Home to the schools of Sun, Moon, and Stars. I bet that that's going to be our new schools of magic. And instead of changing the whole game they can just add a new world. I thought of a world that could best fit the new schools. You may have seen this on other posts, but the world called Celestia is a good world meaning "sky". Those schools can have conrol of everything in the Spiral. Very powerful schools. Even more powerful than Storm! Lol.
yep because isn't time and space in astral? thats 2 i just need an idea of one more.

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
97
rayharos wrote:
Arenlor wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Dude, there doesnt have to be a good enough reason to have an eighth school. the reason of expanding the game in the first place is because people want expansions and NEW stuff. and i dont get why u told us all of that "information" cause everyone knows that stuff. its sorta like saying: "Apples are red." well, duh.

It is not as apparent as you would think. See the other answers before you. The schools were rather delicately balanced, it seems very few people appreciate just how hard it is to balance a game. Adding a new school would require the entire magic system, maybe the entire game even, to be redone and rebalanced. As such adding a new school just to add new content is called breaking the game, and is a very bad reason, actually it's basically the main reason that people end up leaving games.

tracinjd wrote:
A decent reason to start out a new school 8th school is to improve the contents of the game and to add more adverse options into starting the game giving more challenges.. if they stopped here and not add more characters or classes then they are better off making a cd and selling them in stores.. and providing an option to play online in multi player "Hot seat".

From the interactions in game that I have seen I am inclined to disagree. Though a packaged version would be something I'd buy. They are planning on adding a whole new world, increasing levels, adding new equipment, and as far as I can tell new spells too.

trancinjd wrote:
a school specifically such as you say storm is air? i do not see any i mean not even one air move related in a storm school end of discussion there..

https://www.wizard101.com/game/schoolsofmagic/storm Watch the cards shown on the left, after they show Windstorm (between storm shark and the zilla) then come back and continue on.

trancinjd wrote:
a new school could relate to a mixture of opposition of balance because as you can see balance is weak to every school if you fight monster wise.. so a reasonable class would be chaos which your statement is saying its a death school.. well why do they call elemental blades and trap elemental its common sense to call spirit blades consisting of death myth and life.

Death, combination of ice and storm. Life, combination of storm and fire. myth combination of fire and ice. Yes balance is weak to all, but only slightly. About chaos, it states in game that death is caused by chaos. It also states that balance is the combination of the three elements. That's why it affects the elements.

trancinjd wrote:
that is why i propose a chaos school in specific because it will have a spell around level 42 similar to hydra but a different name maybe Medusa in order.. something like that ..

there could also be an air school base on tornado which should be transferred to air school from balance. and some ofther spells in general that could be made up into air school.

if you so disagree then we shall keep debating about this topic.

Please remember what makes a good debate is specifically refuting the main points and providing evidence against them. While you have provided little proof of why either of you schools would be able to fit in, you have provided no evidence of why a new school is needed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can only infer that you are simply not happy with any of the current schools?

sagehyuuga wrote:
ok here is a reason why we should have a 8th school you pointed out what each school is and what they are for but you forgot one thing, each school has a teacher master in its our magic however there is but one teacher with out a school and that is the headmaster now i know some will say he is a master at all magic and there for is a part of no school
how ever he is a teacher as for the new school idk what the name should be but in any case a school that is more in to the two elaments that are not in the school such as light and dark

He is quite simply an administrator if you know what a headmaster(mistress) is. They are like the Principals/Presidents of schools/colleges/universities. Personally I do not believe in the six(or five, in this case) elements. That is an opinion though, but I do understand where you're coming from, and it can make for an interesting game.

sagehyuuga wrote:
now light seeing ats it good and holy should be more about help others with protection and such now ice school as tyou say is for protecion however it has tower shield that only shields one person at a time and then the fire and storm shield and then the abosrb shield it seems to me that the ice mage is only look out for him/her self

Decent argument, what about life? As for the defenses, yes the spell only works on one at a time, but they also have the taunt spells, causing all attacks to be focused on them, so the others take no damage, and they block it all. In the same line of thought we'd say that life is only out for the wizard's own skin, but it's been proven otherwise many times. You may wish to try a life/ice wizard, so that the fairy can heal others.

sagehyuuga wrote:
and then for light you need darkness and you might thing that death and darkness are the same they are in fact not death uses magic is used to damage its foes while give the mage life in return aslo useing a lot of traps as for dark should be more on to DE-buffing his foes and weaken them to a point were there attacks are useless

Try a balance/death wizard. I'm serious. Balance has buffing/debuffing, and you seem knowledgeable about death.

sagehyuuga wrote:
now i am not saying we NEED new schools all i am saying is we have all the elemeants why not light a dark?

Reductio ad absurdum? You missed all the main points I made and only repeated what I had seen before.

Thank you for your replies though, and I look forward to getting more.
but you missed this one point arenlor. you're only thinking about yourself, about how it will ruin your game. I say we do make a new school no matter how much it ruins YOUR game while it benefits EVERYONE elses. and no, chaos is not death. death is spirits, not carnage you do not know death like i do. wraith, vampire, ghoul? do they cause chaos? no. they just generally scare normal people. So i say fine, let KI make a new school. i don't care. I just want to make sure they make it good. this one point is big arenlor, about how someone who has all grandmasters wants to have new school quests, see how the school is like, see hoe POWERFUL it can be. fine then let them have their fun. lets see you quote something about this.


@rayharos,
WOW. You have a point there. Arlenor IS only thinking about himself. He's sort of being a little selfish. And like another user said COME ON!! Who doesn't want new spells, worlds, schools, and levels! Adding those; I guarantee you that that expansion would lure maybe 5,000,000 MORE players to the game, ARLENOR.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
42
Ok, one reason could be to balance out the game. As you can see, balance has it's own attacks but it can also use the three elements(Fire, Ice, and Storm). So it would be nice to have the same thing(or something like it) but with Life, Death, and Myth. Oh and one other thing...... LIFE IS NOT THE WEAKEST!

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
4
I think there should be a new school.

One, there is another teacher on fire cat alley. now she is a teacher of witch craft or alchemy.

so if there were to be a new school. Headmaster should give her a chance.

that my opinion on this issue.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
11
Maybe a good reason for an eighth school is for quests and character development. I can say that balance is not a school that has equal parts of all classes. It takes good advantage of elemental classes and good boosts for all classes. But contrary to some statements, it has little else to do with the spirit classes as far as spell cards are concerned, and names do not inject some spiritual nature or aspect to an overall elemental attack.

Why not create a class that would be like a spirit balance type class, still gaining boosts and power nova or a power blast, but having some variations that lead the class to a nearly parallel end of progression, like the old rpg game cleric classes, there were some classes that didn't have to be specific to clergy and yet they would still be mages, just more of a spiritual order like an order of monks that follow balance of the spirit (those of course being the life, death, and myth classes), making it an off shoot of the balance class, so that a player can decide which way to take their characters. The other classes are fine in the details, but balance is the only class that can open up some variation, being that it isn't a class that has origins in or near wizard city and the grandfather tree.

There is still some mystery surrounding Krokotopia, due to the missing green manders that could have found another course for the path of balance that they follow, being that they didn't follow the elements, as Zan'ne points out during the explanation for sergeant major Talbot in the quest started by Hetch Al'Dim, there are some green manders that are still around, and seen in at least one shop. Maybe, a new world can be discovered, that had somehow seperated from the Mander home world just after the Kroks first came to Krokotopia, or before the manders started changing colors to fit the elements their foremanders followed?

And take this new class on a exploration through it's potential origins? While also providing some new quests for the classes being that it just makes a fourth world for Krokotopia and is allowing some further character development (or at least some new spells).

There was a school on Dragonspyre, which could further the line of education by the ghostly instructors from the old Dragonspyre academy (that just couldn't leave knowing that there teachings would somehow be lost forever otherwise), trying to teach a new generation of mage. Of course all because of the Dragon Titan's conquering and destruction of there world?

And adding a few more levels to the characters, like taking characters to level 55, instead of ending at 50, so Grizzleheim would no longer a pointless excursion to go through after the defeat of Malistaire, when so many characters now make level 50 before they've even come to the battle with Malistaire, and that's before having gone through Ravenscar in Grizzleheim.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
6
I have to agree with Arenlor about that a new school would mess up the story line but,having a new more powerful school would be cool. I think the best way to go with having new schools is what someone mentioned about celestia and the Asral group. If KI did that it wouldn't require changing the story line at all and it would be much better because it would expand the game creating new levels.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
45
i dont know if anybody would agree with me on my ideas, but look up the schools of pain and shield, i dont think i overpowerd them, still need to make the spells, first off, need to figure out how many are in a normal school!

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
honestly we really don't but 3 now schools are probably on their way. Astral magics would probably include sun magic, moon magic, and star magic as mentioned by Headmaster Ambrose in several posts. they would make up a third outer triangle and therefore would fit into the storyline. They may be introduced with the world of Celestia as eater a normal school you can start with or a school you have to learn at a higher level. hope this helps

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
97
aluvian40 wrote:
Maybe a good reason for an eighth school is for quests and character development. I can say that balance is not a school that has equal parts of all classes. It takes good advantage of elemental classes and good boosts for all classes. But contrary to some statements, it has little else to do with the spirit classes as far as spell cards are concerned, and names do not inject some spiritual nature or aspect to an overall elemental attack.

Why not create a class that would be like a spirit balance type class, still gaining boosts and power nova or a power blast, but having some variations that lead the class to a nearly parallel end of progression, like the old rpg game cleric classes, there were some classes that didn't have to be specific to clergy and yet they would still be mages, just more of a spiritual order like an order of monks that follow balance of the spirit (those of course being the life, death, and myth classes), making it an off shoot of the balance class, so that a player can decide which way to take their characters. The other classes are fine in the details, but balance is the only class that can open up some variation, being that it isn't a class that has origins in or near wizard city and the grandfather tree.

There is still some mystery surrounding Krokotopia, due to the missing green manders that could have found another course for the path of balance that they follow, being that they didn't follow the elements, as Zan'ne points out during the explanation for sergeant major Talbot in the quest started by Hetch Al'Dim, there are some green manders that are still around, and seen in at least one shop. Maybe, a new world can be discovered, that had somehow seperated from the Mander home world just after the Kroks first came to Krokotopia, or before the manders started changing colors to fit the elements their foremanders followed?

And take this new class on a exploration through it's potential origins? While also providing some new quests for the classes being that it just makes a fourth world for Krokotopia and is allowing some further character development (or at least some new spells).

There was a school on Dragonspyre, which could further the line of education by the ghostly instructors from the old Dragonspyre academy (that just couldn't leave knowing that there teachings would somehow be lost forever otherwise), trying to teach a new generation of mage. Of course all because of the Dragon Titan's conquering and destruction of there world?

And adding a few more levels to the characters, like taking characters to level 55, instead of ending at 50, so Grizzleheim would no longer a pointless excursion to go through after the defeat of Malistaire, when so many characters now make level 50 before they've even come to the battle with Malistaire, and that's before having gone through Ravenscar in Grizzleheim.


I have something to add to that: when you complete Briskbreeze Tower, the private (I forget his name) says something is coming to Krokotopia.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
18
Well, i love this game, but i got to say, it gets boring after a while. I'm sure that the devs are trying to make new improvements and such, but i just thought that an eight school would be a great improvement. On wiki, it said that our teacher, Merle Ambrose, can control another form of magic. They say that he can use another triangle of magic, which focuses on astral spells. Now, i think that a school of astral magic, would be totally AWESOME

2