Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do we need an eighth school?

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
61
I've seen a good bit of requests for an eighth school. I've yet to see a convincing reason. The most common (ok, only) reason I've seen is "BECAUSE I WANT IT!!!!!!!!". While there are a few which are thought out requests most are simply "Make this so that first spell is 2000-3000 damage and 100% chance of casting!". None consider the storyline. I feel very few people have read the books that are in each classroom which explain about them. I also feel few, or maybe none, have made it to the history/nature of magic quest.

Just a bit of information:
Ice: Is made of water and is a defensive school.
Fire: Includes lava, is a DoT school.
Storm: Water, air (wind), electricity (lightning), is a school out for blasting the enemy to pieces.
Myth: Is a middle line school, has summons.
Life: Is weakest, but is a healing school, is nature/earth/plant/animal/spirit/order.
Death: Is slightly less weak, but has more damage available through buffs, also can heal through draining, is chaos/spirit.
Balance: Is the middle line, great buffing, it's all parts in equal.

So I challenge any of you who want an eighth school to give a decent reason as to how it would fit into the current schools, why it is needed, and how it will fit into the storyline.

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
111
A decent reason to start out a new school 8th school is to improve the contents of the game and to add more adverse options into starting the game giving more challenges.. if they stopped here and not add more characters or classes then they are better off making a cd and selling them in stores.. and providing an option to play online in multi player "Hot seat".


a school specifically such as you say storm is air? i do not see any i mean not even one air move related in a storm school end of discussion there..

a new school could relate to a mixture of opposition of balance because as you can see balance is weak to every school if you fight monster wise.. so a reasonable class would be chaos which your statement is saying its a death school.. well why do they call elemental blades and trap elemental its common sense to call spirit blades consisting of death myth and life.

that is why i propose a chaos school in specific because it will have a spell around level 42 similar to hydra but a different name maybe Medusa in order.. something like that ..

there could also be an air school base on tornado which should be transferred to air school from balance. and some ofther spells in general that could be made up into air school.


if you so disagree then we shall keep debating about this topic.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
59
ok here is a reason why we should have a 8th school you pointed out what each school is and what they are for but you forgot one thing, each school has a teacher master in its our magic however there is but one teacher with out a school and that is the headmaster now i know some will say he is a master at all magic and there for is a part of no school
how ever he is a teacher as for the new school idk what the name should be but in any case a school that is more in to the two elaments that are not in the school such as light and dark

now light seeing ats it good and holy should be more about help others with protection and such now ice school as tyou say is for protecion however it has tower shield that only shields one person at a time and then the fire and storm shield and then the abosrb shield it seems to me that the ice mage is only look out for him/her self

and then for light you need darkness and you might thing that death and darkness are the same they are in fact not death uses magic is used to damage its foes while give the mage life in return aslo useing a lot of traps as for dark should be more on to DE-buffing his foes and weaken them to a point were there attacks are useless

now i am not saying we NEED new schools all i am saying is we have all the elemeants why not light a dark?

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
Dude, there doesnt have to be a good enough reason to have an eighth school. the reason of expanding the game in the first place is because people want expansions and NEW stuff. and i dont get why u told us all of that "information" cause everyone knows that stuff. its sorta like saying: "Apples are red." well, duh.

Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
61
IamLezul wrote:
Dude, there doesnt have to be a good enough reason to have an eighth school. the reason of expanding the game in the first place is because people want expansions and NEW stuff. and i dont get why u told us all of that "information" cause everyone knows that stuff. its sorta like saying: "Apples are red." well, duh.

It is not as apparent as you would think. See the other answers before you. The schools were rather delicately balanced, it seems very few people appreciate just how hard it is to balance a game. Adding a new school would require the entire magic system, maybe the entire game even, to be redone and rebalanced. As such adding a new school just to add new content is called breaking the game, and is a very bad reason, actually it's basically the main reason that people end up leaving games.

tracinjd wrote:
A decent reason to start out a new school 8th school is to improve the contents of the game and to add more adverse options into starting the game giving more challenges.. if they stopped here and not add more characters or classes then they are better off making a cd and selling them in stores.. and providing an option to play online in multi player "Hot seat".

From the interactions in game that I have seen I am inclined to disagree. Though a packaged version would be something I'd buy. They are planning on adding a whole new world, increasing levels, adding new equipment, and as far as I can tell new spells too.

trancinjd wrote:
a school specifically such as you say storm is air? i do not see any i mean not even one air move related in a storm school end of discussion there..

https://www.wizard101.com/game/schoolsofmagic/storm Watch the cards shown on the left, after they show Windstorm (between storm shark and the zilla) then come back and continue on.

trancinjd wrote:
a new school could relate to a mixture of opposition of balance because as you can see balance is weak to every school if you fight monster wise.. so a reasonable class would be chaos which your statement is saying its a death school.. well why do they call elemental blades and trap elemental its common sense to call spirit blades consisting of death myth and life.

Death, combination of ice and storm. Life, combination of storm and fire. myth combination of fire and ice. Yes balance is weak to all, but only slightly. About chaos, it states in game that death is caused by chaos. It also states that balance is the combination of the three elements. That's why it affects the elements.

trancinjd wrote:
that is why i propose a chaos school in specific because it will have a spell around level 42 similar to hydra but a different name maybe Medusa in order.. something like that ..

there could also be an air school base on tornado which should be transferred to air school from balance. and some ofther spells in general that could be made up into air school.

if you so disagree then we shall keep debating about this topic.

Please remember what makes a good debate is specifically refuting the main points and providing evidence against them. While you have provided little proof of why either of you schools would be able to fit in, you have provided no evidence of why a new school is needed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can only infer that you are simply not happy with any of the current schools?

sagehyuuga wrote:
ok here is a reason why we should have a 8th school you pointed out what each school is and what they are for but you forgot one thing, each school has a teacher master in its our magic however there is but one teacher with out a school and that is the headmaster now i know some will say he is a master at all magic and there for is a part of no school
how ever he is a teacher as for the new school idk what the name should be but in any case a school that is more in to the two elaments that are not in the school such as light and dark

He is quite simply an administrator if you know what a headmaster(mistress) is. They are like the Principals/Presidents of schools/colleges/universities. Personally I do not believe in the six(or five, in this case) elements. That is an opinion though, but I do understand where you're coming from, and it can make for an interesting game.

sagehyuuga wrote:
now light seeing ats it good and holy should be more about help others with protection and such now ice school as tyou say is for protecion however it has tower shield that only shields one person at a time and then the fire and storm shield and then the abosrb shield it seems to me that the ice mage is only look out for him/her self

Decent argument, what about life? As for the defenses, yes the spell only works on one at a time, but they also have the taunt spells, causing all attacks to be focused on them, so the others take no damage, and they block it all. In the same line of thought we'd say that life is only out for the wizard's own skin, but it's been proven otherwise many times. You may wish to try a life/ice wizard, so that the fairy can heal others.

sagehyuuga wrote:
and then for light you need darkness and you might thing that death and darkness are the same they are in fact not death uses magic is used to damage its foes while give the mage life in return aslo useing a lot of traps as for dark should be more on to DE-buffing his foes and weaken them to a point were there attacks are useless

Try a balance/death wizard. I'm serious. Balance has buffing/debuffing, and you seem knowledgeable about death.

sagehyuuga wrote:
now i am not saying we NEED new schools all i am saying is we have all the elemeants why not light a dark?

Reductio ad absurdum? You missed all the main points I made and only repeated what I had seen before.

Thank you for your replies though, and I look forward to getting more.

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
111
well Ariel oops i meant Aenlor.


you seem to be against this game with keeping it stable as it is..

as you know this game is still in production and improving otherwise they would have not even thought about adding mounts..

if they add new houses new mounts new world such as grizzlehem then i think you need to reconsider your own points..


again the base of the game can always be changed death causes fear..

chaos causes mayhem simple enough.

now balance is linked to the elements as you say which i agree..

chaos simply will be related to the three myth, death, and life, enough said. its so simple..




as of the windstorm.. it can always be changed. to lightningstorm or such.

thus creating a school of air.. (also i think you did not seem my point) i mention some of the school's spells could be transferred to the air school such as tornado (balance spell) (windstorm) but changed the graphics a little to something related to air..

Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
61
tracinjd wrote:
you seem to be against this game with keeping it stable as it is..

as you know this game is still in production and improving otherwise they would have not even thought about adding mounts..

if they add new houses new mounts new world such as grizzlehem then i think you need to reconsider your own points..


again the base of the game can always be changed death causes fear..

chaos causes mayhem simple enough.

now balance is linked to the elements as you say which i agree..

chaos simply will be related to the three myth, death, and life, enough said. its so simple..

I am fully for keeping it stable. Adding a new world, or houses, or mounts, does nothing to make it less stable. Adding a new school has to be done perfectly, or it will cause the balance between the schools to fail. Imagine if a school that had high accuracy, power, and had healing was added. That would make every other school useless, other than balance which has buffs. Myth, death, and life are all linked to the elements, in that way balance is linked to them.

tracinjd wrote:
as of the windstorm.. it can always be changed. to lightningstorm or such.

thus creating a school of air.. (also i think you did not seem my point) i mention some of the school's spells could be transferred to the air school such as tornado (balance spell) (windstorm) but changed the graphics a little to something related to air..

First; I cited windstorm only as the most direct example of air being a part of storm. Tornadoes are only created from storms. Storms cause damage from water and wind. Storms are more wind and water than electricity.

You say about me missing points, yet you missed mine. You did not answer how it would fit into the current schools, you did not answer why it is needed, and you did not answer how it will fit into the storyline. So answer them, how does air fit into the current schools, we already have a strong one (storm), a defensive one (ice), a long term damage one (fire), a summoning one (myth), a healing one (life), a buffing one (balance), and one that does a little of all really (death). What is missing that air does? Balance doesn't have an opposite, so how would it fit in with the opposites? If it's an opposite of balance can you explain how it would work out to be the opposite? Can you tell me how it combines the three elements? After you can tell me truly about it then let's see if you can come up with a reason it's needed, just because you can stick one more feature into something doesn't mean you should. Last, explain how it'd fit into the storyline.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2008
1
I don't see the need for a new school.

I don't see how they can do it without interfering with the balance between the current schools.

They would have to make it resist to a school, and to have a school with two resists would be unfair to that school.


It would also be unfair to those who have already started the game, for they would have to start all over or pay real money to buy back pips in order to get spells for this school.


Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
15
I think I am the only one to agree with Arenlor. I want you to tell me though, if you add a new world, and give players a chance to choose one of 2 new schools, one that manipulates pips and the other mana and one is the SOURCE of life, death and myth and the other be the source of fire, storm and ice, that would be great. It would make Grands AND fit the storyline. Please reply if you disagree or agree but keep in mind i COMPLETELY agree with you. I am just giving an example that answers all your questions. Oh and the 2 new types would have be the same like the other schools against balance and be strong against each other.Please reply if I missed a question and I welcome your critique.

Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
61
MrMet wrote:
I don't see the need for a new school.

I don't see how they can do it without interfering with the balance between the current schools.

They would have to make it resist to a school, and to have a school with two resists would be unfair to that school.


It would also be unfair to those who have already started the game, for they would have to start all over or pay real money to buy back pips in order to get spells for this school.

You seem to understand where I am coming from very well.
einstien12 wrote:
I think I am the only one to agree with Arenlor. I want you to tell me though, if you add a new world, and give players a chance to choose one of 2 new schools, one that manipulates pips and the other mana and one is the SOURCE of life, death and myth and the other be the source of fire, storm and ice, that would be great. It would make Grands AND fit the storyline. Please reply if you disagree or agree but keep in mind i COMPLETELY agree with you. I am just giving an example that answers all your questions. Oh and the 2 new types would have be the same like the other schools against balance and be strong against each other.Please reply if I missed a question and I welcome your critique.

Meta-schools that you only get after you complete the current storyline. Other than ice, fire, and lightning being the source of myth, life, and death, yours is thought out rather well. The idea that they resist each other instead of are weak to each other is also an interesting idea. Something I agree with.

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
111
well i posted a comment yesterday looks like they didn't put up my reply but i forgot what my debate was about..


i think it was about having chaos strike mayhem into people and death should be feared.

chaos should be strong against balance (resist) and balance should resist chaos (because both are opposite)

but chaos will be weak to every other school there is. just like balance.. but the attacking cards and such are up to the game makers and how to do that


to fit in the story line it is also up to the game makers we do not make up the story line or provide actual detail about the storyline or anything but we do have ideas.. and ideas should be taken in consideration..

chaos can be involved as mailistair's wife's school or something like that which can be achieved beyond level 50 could be that malistair's wife poison malistair against his brother.. (but malistair's wife already tried to stop big M from becoming evil so idk)

there can be many ideas put into this IF you help instead of making it like a no show or a no go i mean seriously if you have ideas for the game then say them otherwise if you want to criticize someone's ideas just stick it to your own head.

playing in many other games i've seen this game have so much potential if they add more details beyond level 50..

one game i play thats only been out for a few years has a level and its gear up to 150. ( and to achieve that level its very difficult and requires a lot of game time.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
13
If there think of making a new school it should be space and time wish are nothing like the other schools wish are elements and the balance of them so space and time has nothing to do

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
91
Perhaps not a new school, but divisions of the current ones.
For example, Storm can be split into two elements, Air, and water, Storm wizards could choose which area to specialize in, each offering something different. Also, Balance can be split as well,into Elements, and Spirit. It is most focused on elements, this can expand upon things, without a COMPLETELY new system.

Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
61
tracinjd wrote:
well i posted a comment yesterday looks like they didn't put up my reply but i forgot what my debate was about..


i think it was about having chaos strike mayhem into people and death should be feared.

chaos should be strong against balance (resist) and balance should resist chaos (because both are opposite)

but chaos will be weak to every other school there is. just like balance.. but the attacking cards and such are up to the game makers and how to do that


to fit in the story line it is also up to the game makers we do not make up the story line or provide actual detail about the storyline or anything but we do have ideas.. and ideas should be taken in consideration..

It's not an idea: it's a complaint. If you're saying "Here's the name for a new school, make it!" how is it an idea? It's people like you that caused me to make this topic. You put no thought into it at all, no thought into whether it'd be fun, if they just randomly did it you would probably not have as much fun.

tracinjd wrote:
chaos can be involved as mailistair's wife's school or something like that which can be achieved beyond level 50 could be that malistair's wife poison malistair against his brother.. (but malistair's wife already tried to stop big M from becoming evil so idk)

See that, you put some thought into it, but not enough. Malistaire's wife was the Life Teacher. Chaos IS death, why do I need to repeat this with you so much? At least you have a little bit of your brain going on in this.

tracinjd wrote:
there can be many ideas put into this IF you help instead of making it like a no show or a no go i mean seriously if you have ideas for the game then say them otherwise if you want to criticize someone's ideas just stick it to your own head.

Remember when in the beta it was easy to just file a suggestion in-game when you had an idea? Even back then I was asking people how their thought of "X sounds like a cool name" qualified as an idea.

tracinjd wrote:
playing in many other games i've seen this game have so much potential if they add more details beyond level 50..

one game i play thats only been out for a few years has a level and its gear up to 150. ( and to achieve that level its very difficult and requires a lot of game time.

Game time or level-grinding? Imagine if in that game you play if every time someone thought of a new race/class/ability they just implemented it. Would you still play it? Would you play it if they introduced a new class that could take a ton of damage, do a ton of damage, heal, and debuff the enemy, you may for a bit, but then because the game would be so unbalanced it'd no longer be fun. The game would die. Does the game actually have a storyline?

13wawa wrote:
If there think of making a new school it should be space and time wish are nothing like the other schools wish are elements and the balance of them so space and time has nothing to do

Some thought was put into it, but answer the three questions I ask. I don't see how they could be done in a way that didn't interfere with the other schools.

Elessar wrote:
Perhaps not a new school, but divisions of the current ones.
For example, Storm can be split into two elements, Air, and water, Storm wizards could choose which area to specialize in, each offering something different. Also, Balance can be split as well,into Elements, and Spirit. It is most focused on elements, this can expand upon things, without a COMPLETELY new system.

Another person who put thought into it. This could be interesting. This could also be another step beyond the current storyline.

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
111
elessar you said it better than me.. something like that would be great..


its like an evolution to a stronger wizard. or so.. but start from basic element.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
6
I, as a grandmaster, think this all should stop. I like the schools as they are and I think that KingsIsle will put more in when they think nessesary. I cant stop you from giving them ideas but just wait until they come out. And as a grandmaster Fire wizard who hates Balance, I really dont want another school to have to deal with.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
56
Arenlor wrote:
I've seen a good bit of requests for an eighth school. I've yet to see a convincing reason. The most common (ok, only) reason I've seen is "BECAUSE I WANT IT!!!!!!!!". While there are a few which are thought out requests most are simply "Make this so that first spell is 2000-3000 damage and 100% chance of casting!". None consider the storyline. I feel very few people have read the books that are in each classroom which explain about them. I also feel few, or maybe none, have made it to the history/nature of magic quest.

Just a bit of information:
Ice: Is made of water and is a defensive school.
Fire: Includes lava, is a DoT school.
Storm: Water, air (wind), electricity (lightning), is a school out for blasting the enemy to pieces.
Myth: Is a middle line school, has summons.
Life: Is weakest, but is a healing school, is nature/earth/plant/animal/spirit/order.
Death: Is slightly less weak, but has more damage available through buffs, also can heal through draining, is chaos/spirit.
Balance: Is the middle line, great buffing, it's all parts in equal.

So I challenge any of you who want an eighth school to give a decent reason as to how it would fit into the current schools, why it is needed, and how it will fit into the storyline.
If you actually read the books in W101, The Ice giants rule the sky, the Dragons rule the land and the Tritons rule the oceans. I'm a storm wizard so I still agree that sotrm is air because, HELLO PEOPLE!, how can you make storms without air?

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
67
Arenlor wrote:
I've seen a good bit of requests for an eighth school. I've yet to see a convincing reason. The most common (ok, only) reason I've seen is "BECAUSE I WANT IT!!!!!!!!". While there are a few which are thought out requests most are simply "Make this so that first spell is 2000-3000 damage and 100% chance of casting!". None consider the storyline. I feel very few people have read the books that are in each classroom which explain about them. I also feel few, or maybe none, have made it to the history/nature of magic quest.

Just a bit of information:
Ice: Is made of water and is a defensive school.
Fire: Includes lava, is a DoT school.
Storm: Water, air (wind), electricity (lightning), is a school out for blasting the enemy to pieces.
Myth: Is a middle line school, has summons.
Life: Is weakest, but is a healing school, is nature/earth/plant/animal/spirit/order.
Death: Is slightly less weak, but has more damage available through buffs, also can heal through draining, is chaos/spirit.
Balance: Is the middle line, great buffing, it's all parts in equal.

So I challenge any of you who want an eighth school to give a decent reason as to how it would fit into the current schools, why it is needed, and how it will fit into the storyline.


Only reason why people do want a new school is because they want to experience something different and in the same process they end up jotting an idea down on a piece of paper for 1 minute and then say, "this looks good enough" and then proceeds to make a thread about how a level 22 spell will do 2200 damage and a level 48 spell will do 8000 damage to all. I know, I completely agree with you, there are a lot of inexperienced minds/thoughts out there that should let other people create these ideas.


To add onto all of this and to reiterate what a few have mentioned, they cannot make an eighth school without some serious, serious planning and thought put into it. They would have to redo some of the game and maybe even a storyline. The only reason why I'd ever bring an eighth school up to KingsIsle is if they made an actual expansion to this game then I'd say GO FOR IT! But now you're talking storyline, spells, balancing everything out and on top of that there's already enough complaints about the spells we currently have and if they can't fix those then they certainly shouldn't be making an eighth school.

To make a new world has little to nothing with introducing a new school. This is just helping the game progress as we are all bored with it at level 50 just pvping. Raising the level and introducing mounts are improvements to the game which need little to do.

I'm with the original poster, I'm tired of seeing EIGHTH SCHOOL: BARNEY AND COMPANY! Level 48 spell: Barney, attack does 5,000 to all and makes opponent(s) lose all pips!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
22
Arenlor wrote:
I've seen a good bit of requests for an eighth school. I've yet to see a convincing reason. The most common (ok, only) reason I've seen is "BECAUSE I WANT IT!!!!!!!!". While there are a few which are thought out requests most are simply "Make this so that first spell is 2000-3000 damage and 100% chance of casting!". None consider the storyline. I feel very few people have read the books that are in each classroom which explain about them. I also feel few, or maybe none, have made it to the history/nature of magic quest.

Just a bit of information:
Ice: Is made of water and is a defensive school.
Fire: Includes lava, is a DoT school.
Storm: Water, air (wind), electricity (lightning), is a school out for blasting the enemy to pieces.
Myth: Is a middle line school, has summons.
Life: Is weakest, but is a healing school, is nature/earth/plant/animal/spirit/order.
Death: Is slightly less weak, but has more damage available through buffs, also can heal through draining, is chaos/spirit.
Balance: Is the middle line, great buffing, it's all parts in equal.

So I challenge any of you who want an eighth school to give a decent reason as to how it would fit into the current schools, why it is needed, and how it will fit into the storyline.
You have a good point and one reason to not have a 8 school is because 7 is the magic

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
96
I say this a lot through out the boards but i mean come on man losen up who doesnt want more spells this topic is really ridiculous. :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
65
Arenlor wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Dude, there doesnt have to be a good enough reason to have an eighth school. the reason of expanding the game in the first place is because people want expansions and NEW stuff. and i dont get why u told us all of that "information" cause everyone knows that stuff. its sorta like saying: "Apples are red." well, duh.

It is not as apparent as you would think. See the other answers before you. The schools were rather delicately balanced, it seems very few people appreciate just how hard it is to balance a game. Adding a new school would require the entire magic system, maybe the entire game even, to be redone and rebalanced. As such adding a new school just to add new content is called breaking the game, and is a very bad reason, actually it's basically the main reason that people end up leaving games.

tracinjd wrote:
A decent reason to start out a new school 8th school is to improve the contents of the game and to add more adverse options into starting the game giving more challenges.. if they stopped here and not add more characters or classes then they are better off making a cd and selling them in stores.. and providing an option to play online in multi player "Hot seat".

From the interactions in game that I have seen I am inclined to disagree. Though a packaged version would be something I'd buy. They are planning on adding a whole new world, increasing levels, adding new equipment, and as far as I can tell new spells too.

trancinjd wrote:
a school specifically such as you say storm is air? i do not see any i mean not even one air move related in a storm school end of discussion there..

https://www.wizard101.com/game/schoolsofmagic/storm Watch the cards shown on the left, after they show Windstorm (between storm shark and the zilla) then come back and continue on.

trancinjd wrote:
a new school could relate to a mixture of opposition of balance because as you can see balance is weak to every school if you fight monster wise.. so a reasonable class would be chaos which your statement is saying its a death school.. well why do they call elemental blades and trap elemental its common sense to call spirit blades consisting of death myth and life.

Death, combination of ice and storm. Life, combination of storm and fire. myth combination of fire and ice. Yes balance is weak to all, but only slightly. About chaos, it states in game that death is caused by chaos. It also states that balance is the combination of the three elements. That's why it affects the elements.

trancinjd wrote:
that is why i propose a chaos school in specific because it will have a spell around level 42 similar to hydra but a different name maybe Medusa in order.. something like that ..

there could also be an air school base on tornado which should be transferred to air school from balance. and some ofther spells in general that could be made up into air school.

if you so disagree then we shall keep debating about this topic.

Please remember what makes a good debate is specifically refuting the main points and providing evidence against them. While you have provided little proof of why either of you schools would be able to fit in, you have provided no evidence of why a new school is needed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can only infer that you are simply not happy with any of the current schools?

sagehyuuga wrote:
ok here is a reason why we should have a 8th school you pointed out what each school is and what they are for but you forgot one thing, each school has a teacher master in its our magic however there is but one teacher with out a school and that is the headmaster now i know some will say he is a master at all magic and there for is a part of no school
how ever he is a teacher as for the new school idk what the name should be but in any case a school that is more in to the two elaments that are not in the school such as light and dark

He is quite simply an administrator if you know what a headmaster(mistress) is. They are like the Principals/Presidents of schools/colleges/universities. Personally I do not believe in the six(or five, in this case) elements. That is an opinion though, but I do understand where you're coming from, and it can make for an interesting game.

sagehyuuga wrote:
now light seeing ats it good and holy should be more about help others with protection and such now ice school as tyou say is for protecion however it has tower shield that only shields one person at a time and then the fire and storm shield and then the abosrb shield it seems to me that the ice mage is only look out for him/her self

Decent argument, what about life? As for the defenses, yes the spell only works on one at a time, but they also have the taunt spells, causing all attacks to be focused on them, so the others take no damage, and they block it all. In the same line of thought we'd say that life is only out for the wizard's own skin, but it's been proven otherwise many times. You may wish to try a life/ice wizard, so that the fairy can heal others.

sagehyuuga wrote:
and then for light you need darkness and you might thing that death and darkness are the same they are in fact not death uses magic is used to damage its foes while give the mage life in return aslo useing a lot of traps as for dark should be more on to DE-buffing his foes and weaken them to a point were there attacks are useless

Try a balance/death wizard. I'm serious. Balance has buffing/debuffing, and you seem knowledgeable about death.

sagehyuuga wrote:
now i am not saying we NEED new schools all i am saying is we have all the elemeants why not light a dark?

Reductio ad absurdum? You missed all the main points I made and only repeated what I had seen before.

Thank you for your replies though, and I look forward to getting more.
but you missed this one point arenlor. you're only thinking about yourself, about how it will ruin your game. I say we do make a new school no matter how much it ruins YOUR game while it benefits EVERYONE elses. and no, chaos is not death. death is spirits, not carnage you do not know death like i do. wraith, vampire, ghoul? do they cause chaos? no. they just generally scare normal people. So i say fine, let KI make a new school. i don't care. I just want to make sure they make it good. this one point is big arenlor, about how someone who has all grandmasters wants to have new school quests, see how the school is like, see hoe POWERFUL it can be. fine then let them have their fun. lets see you quote something about this.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
65
qXiLL wrote:
Arenlor wrote:
I've seen a good bit of requests for an eighth school. I've yet to see a convincing reason. The most common (ok, only) reason I've seen is "BECAUSE I WANT IT!!!!!!!!". While there are a few which are thought out requests most are simply "Make this so that first spell is 2000-3000 damage and 100% chance of casting!". None consider the storyline. I feel very few people have read the books that are in each classroom which explain about them. I also feel few, or maybe none, have made it to the history/nature of magic quest.

Just a bit of information:
Ice: Is made of water and is a defensive school.
Fire: Includes lava, is a DoT school.
Storm: Water, air (wind), electricity (lightning), is a school out for blasting the enemy to pieces.
Myth: Is a middle line school, has summons.
Life: Is weakest, but is a healing school, is nature/earth/plant/animal/spirit/order.
Death: Is slightly less weak, but has more damage available through buffs, also can heal through draining, is chaos/spirit.
Balance: Is the middle line, great buffing, it's all parts in equal.

So I challenge any of you who want an eighth school to give a decent reason as to how it would fit into the current schools, why it is needed, and how it will fit into the storyline.


Only reason why people do want a new school is because they want to experience something different and in the same process they end up jotting an idea down on a piece of paper for 1 minute and then say, "this looks good enough" and then proceeds to make a thread about how a level 22 spell will do 2200 damage and a level 48 spell will do 8000 damage to all. I know, I completely agree with you, there are a lot of inexperienced minds/thoughts out there that should let other people create these ideas.


To add onto all of this and to reiterate what a few have mentioned, they cannot make an eighth school without some serious, serious planning and thought put into it. They would have to redo some of the game and maybe even a storyline. The only reason why I'd ever bring an eighth school up to KingsIsle is if they made an actual expansion to this game then I'd say GO FOR IT! But now you're talking storyline, spells, balancing everything out and on top of that there's already enough complaints about the spells we currently have and if they can't fix those then they certainly shouldn't be making an eighth school.

To make a new world has little to nothing with introducing a new school. This is just helping the game progress as we are all bored with it at level 50 just pvping. Raising the level and introducing mounts are improvements to the game which need little to do.

I'm with the original poster, I'm tired of seeing EIGHTH SCHOOL: BARNEY AND COMPANY! Level 48 spell: Barney, attack does 5,000 to all and makes opponent(s) lose all pips!
yeah qXiLL that would be just plain overpowered there would be no more people of other schools. they would all move into the new school i say it would be 650 to all. at least it isn't overpowered

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
4
I think I've come up with an answer to this.
Okay, so, you've been talking about how it would unbalance the game... I have a solution.
You see, it's like in WoW, they have the death knight. It's extremely powerful, but you have to work up to get to it. So, I'd say after you reached, oh, level 48, something like this happens:
You go to create a new wizard, and Merle Ambrose introduces you, yada yada, Then when you pick your wizard class, Ambrose (or gamma) says something like:
"Wait a minute... oh my. By bartlby, gamma, I think we've found him!" Gamma says: "Why yes, merle, indeed. I do believe that this is the one we've been waiting for. The one that is destined to master the 8th school, the school of..." Take it from there. Obviously, since you'd have to have a level 48 to unlock this class (and, btw, when you created this wizard, when you clicked on new it'd say: "would you like to create a (insert new school) wizard?". Obviously, It's going to be powerful. Now, why do we need a new school? Truthfully, we don't. But, since it is a game after all, and the concept is to have fun, then... what's so wrong with this? Alright, that was a lot to type, and sorry i didn't paragraph it, but there is my argument. Laterz.
P.s, and this is just an idea, but how about a school of time? You know, like a "blast from the past." k, bye.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
21
That is pretty smart of you when you think of it that way, but that doesn't mean they have to change the ENTIRE game just to add a new school. And even if they do add a new school, what group will it be put into? Theere are two groups of magic so far: the Elemental and the Spiritual. If they make a new one they would have to make a whole new group. On a different post, I read that a guy was asking what element Ambrose was. He posted a reply saying that he has studied all the schools and is now focusing on a new group of magic: the Asral group. Home to the schools of Sun, Moon, and Stars. I bet that that's going to be our new schools of magic. And instead of changing the whole game they can just add a new world. I thought of a world that could best fit the new schools. You may have seen this on other posts, but the world called Celestia is a good world meaning "sky". Those schools can have conrol of everything in the Spiral. Very powerful schools. Even more powerful than Storm! Lol.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
19
Ok if they must make a new school then they should make like a place for that new school but (i forgot who said this) you have to have mastered at least lvl 48. Then you can fight like the same creatures but more health and have the same arena. pretty much like a new realm. But for that only school.i still disagree about having a new school and i know everything but like i said if they must put a new one. Dont say all those things that how it would fit in i already know i was just saying to add a ....... welll another realm pretty much.







David Darkstalker GM Necromancer

1