Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do people think ice is so weak?

1
AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 19, 2009
404
the attacks are lets say ice's highest attack hurts ... 620 ha thats why!

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
95
goodt9 wrote:
Why do people think ice is so weak?We have the most health and we shield a lot.Tell me why people think ice is weak.

you no i think the same thing! Ice is awesome!
Most health yep sheilds like down under oh yeah!
i've seen more lvl 50 ICE wizards (followed by a close life)
i'm not saying the other schools are bad just don't think that you shouldn't give Ice that bad talk ok?
Emma Moonhunter
Lvl 27 Ice Goddes 8)

Survivor
Sep 23, 2008
9
um lol well ice attack are weak so your right but ice does give alote of HP

Explorer
May 28, 2009
93
ok your kind of mean ice is awesome because we have the most health an when people hit us with attacks it doesnt take away much an we know what to do when we attack an we're the second most powerful to death an storm is awesome but it always fizzles to an no offense but life only heals an myth isnt very powerful fire is great but ice is is a little better balance is good but when your lvl 33 you still dont get very powerful cards an you know what ice wizards rule they care for people an your just mean because why even post mean things about ice wizards anyway your just mean

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
chrisy123567810 wrote:
ok your kind of mean ice is awesome because we have the most health an when people hit us with attacks it doesnt take away much an we know what to do when we attack an we're the second most powerful to death an storm is awesome but it always fizzles to an no offense but life only heals an myth isnt very powerful fire is great but ice is is a little better balance is good but when your lvl 33 you still dont get very powerful cards an you know what ice wizards rule they care for people an your just mean because why even post mean things about ice wizards anyway your just mean


Alright why are you saying they are mean when your saying things like "Myth isn't very powerful" and "life only heals" and "fire is great but ice is better"

There is no need to say that about other schools of magic. Please look at your post, if other people say ice is weak and you say their mean and then you start saying that ice is stronger than this, ice is stronger than that.

None of us are saying Ice is horrible and none of us are saying Ice rises to the throne above every school of magic.

No offense but I think you are being a little bit mean to Myth, Fire, and the other magic schools you have mentioned

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
29
wow chrisy1234567810, you really mean no offence? kinda harsh i would say but forget it. anyway, i used to think ice weak too...until in ranked pvp my team lost to four ice wizard grandmasters. had so much health and shields and..and...you know. anyway ice is pretty strong but it is NOT THE BEST! non of the schools are better than eachother becasue they each have their special advantages and weaknesses. there, problem solved, period k?

Ps: sorry if i sounded harsh in anyway that you could possibly think :-D

~Blaze DragonFlame, Level 48 Pyro Dudeeeee

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
7
There is no down side with ice. Their damage is almost equal to deaths and they have most health and deffence. Its hard to defeat them, but with some patience you will defeat the enemy and still survive.

From: Daniel Griffin, Thaumaturge 8)

Survivor
May 31, 2009
4
What!?We ice wizards are not weak!How could someone say that!

Chris stargem level 31,thamaturge

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
10
goodt9 wrote:
Why do people think ice is so weak?We have the most health and we shield a lot.Tell me why people think ice is weak.
they mean weak in attack. nobody ever said ice is completly weak. and chrisy123567810 i have i grand myth fire and balance and a magus storm so am i weak according to you

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
Alright guys not every wizard in wizard101 that isn't an ice wizard is saying that Ice is horrible.
Alright Ice has MOST HEALTH. That's good? yes. Death can steal health for themselves. Is that good? yes. Storm has very strong spells. Is that good? Yup.

What I am pointing out is that every school of magic has their strengths and weaknesses. Such as these examples:

Storm
Strength: Very good, high damaging spells
Weaknesses: Fizzles the most

Life
Strength: Best healing, can usually stay in battles very long because of healing
Weakness: Less attack spells


This is not so mean that we need to start a protest about this. Ice is fine.

Darkwolfhunter is right, there's not a certain school of magic that is stronger than the others. Like I said above they all have strengths and weaknesses.

Problem solved like said by Darkwolf. Ice is fine, no need for ice wizards to get riled up about this.




Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
11
sparky1233334444 wrote:
the attacks are lets say ice's highest attack hurts ... 620 ha thats why!
i am ice and i will beat you down in the arena. That is where you make the mistake you only see it as 620 damage and by the time you realize we are doing slow damage to you over time your already dead.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
11
sparky1233334444 wrote:
the attacks are lets say ice's highest attack hurts ... 620 ha thats why!
and if you think ice is weak come to the arena to ranked combat and i will show you just how weak ice is not. I have beaten every school and my name in the game is alia dragonwalker so when you see me please dont hesitate to bring your best and i will laugh as i beat you down with thats right I C E.

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
97
chrisy123567810 wrote:
ok your kind of mean ice is awesome because we have the most health an when people hit us with attacks it doesnt take away much an we know what to do when we attack an we're the second most powerful to death an storm is awesome but it always fizzles to an no offense but life only heals an myth isnt very powerful fire is great but ice is is a little better balance is good but when your lvl 33 you still dont get very powerful cards an you know what ice wizards rule they care for people an your just mean because why even post mean things about ice wizards anyway your just mean


Your kidding, right????? You have a lot to learn about all the schools! Just like Darkstorm824 said, none of the schools are weak and none of them rule over all the other ones. They all have their own advantages and weaknesses. Balance rocks, just ask about 20 of my friends!!! Myth is awesome too! They summon the most minions and Earthquake is an awesome spell! And Fire, oh, you don't mess with Fire. No, it's not the best school. I already know that. Ice is awesome too! Best defenses and health! Storm is extremely powerful! And Life only heals?? I just happened to be wearing the amulet for Centaur right now. 610 to like, 690 damage! Death damages and steals health! They ARE really hard to beat when it's ranked and they're both Grandmasters, but they're really good anyway! Ask about 40 of my friends! In conclusion, all schools have their own advantages and weaknesses.

~Michael Thunderspear
lvl 50 Pyromancer

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
None of us want to fight you ice wizards alright we get it, you are fine alright?

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
21
DarkStorm824 wrote:
chrisy123567810 wrote:
ok your kind of mean ice is awesome because we have the most health an when people hit us with attacks it doesnt take away much an we know what to do when we attack an we're the second most powerful to death an storm is awesome but it always fizzles to an no offense but life only heals an myth isnt very powerful fire is great but ice is is a little better balance is good but when your lvl 33 you still dont get very powerful cards an you know what ice wizards rule they care for people an your just mean because why even post mean things about ice wizards anyway your just mean


Alright why are you saying they are mean when your saying things like "Myth isn't very powerful" and "life only heals" and "fire is great but ice is better"

There is no need to say that about other schools of magic. Please look at your post, if other people say ice is weak and you say their mean and then you start saying that ice is stronger than this, ice is stronger than that.

None of us are saying Ice is horrible and none of us are saying Ice rises to the throne above every school of magic.

No offense but I think you are being a little bit mean to Myth, Fire, and the other magic schools you have mentioned


Sorry chrisy but that is really mean. Dark storm, you are totally right.
- Chrisy- don't make fun of other schools, because you know what we are thinking when we see your message about us being mean?
"Who's talking?" because you are being mean in this situation. Please do not insult other schools.
Every school has its advantages andweaknesses... didn't you know that?

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
14
I am an Ice wizard. Although i LOVE ice i think that all other schools are good if you know how to fight with them. Being a master of ice ( i do have frost giant) in the arena i use ice armor a lot. The one school that always beats me though is death. This might be a bug but death attacks go through ice armor? I think when storm gets high levels they get tons of accuracy boost which makes their attacks unstoppable. Life i think is awesome but annyoing, healing every turn :-( Myth i think is good cause of earthquake and myth is good in 1v1 cause it takes two shields to stop an otrhus. Fire is good because you need Tons of shields and has high attack. Balance in my mind is the ULTIMATE pvp school. They have shields TOns of shields And judgement , this makes then for me an ice wizard unstoppable even more than death.

Evan Ice Fist level 48 thaumaturge
Evan Myth Fist level twenty conjurer

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
164
treef5 wrote:
I am an Ice wizard. Although i LOVE ice i think that all other schools are good if you know how to fight with them. Being a master of ice ( i do have frost giant) in the arena i use ice armor a lot. The one school that always beats me though is death. This might be a bug but death attacks go through ice armor? I think when storm gets high levels they get tons of accuracy boost which makes their attacks unstoppable. Life i think is awesome but annyoing, healing every turn :-( Myth i think is good cause of earthquake and myth is good in 1v1 cause it takes two shields to stop an otrhus. Fire is good because you need Tons of shields and has high attack. Balance in my mind is the ULTIMATE pvp school. They have shields TOns of shields And judgement , this makes then for me an ice wizard unstoppable even more than death.

Evan Ice Fist level 48 thaumaturge
Evan Myth Fist level twenty conjurer


The reason Death can attack you through your Ice Armor, and can also attack through Spirit Shield is simply because the attack they are using is considered "Life Stealing," it is not considered a "tough" or actual attack.

Look at the Death cards and you will see on ones like Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith, and Scarecrow the symbol of a broken heart in the place where with actual Death attack cards like Dark Fairy, Banshee, and Skeletal Pirate have a Fist symbol. These symbols tell you what type of card these are. Yes, Death can go around absorbs with their life stealing attacks.

Also I want to add that I agree with anyone here that is smart enough to see that every school has it's strength and weakness.

And for anyone who says Ice is weak it's because they don't know how to set up spells well enough to use Ice and they are probably people who just randomly throw any spell they have on hand out there to use and never put much thought into actually setting up for a good attack.

I have a Grand in most schools and I can tell you that I can make my Grand Ice hit just as hard as my Grand Storm, on average. I have no problem making either one hit for over 10,000 on a single hit attack(using Triton or Colossus,) and both have no problem hitting for over 2500 on their multi-opponent attacks. It's all in the way you set things up and what you have from your available secondary schools can help as well ;)

If you are lazy and don't want to take the time to set things up or you don't take time to consider what schools secondary school will really boost your primary or you don't know how to stack your deck to make your big spells work, then that's your problem and don't go picking on other schools because YOU don't know how to make them work right.

Also, a side note on Storm and it's supposed high fizzles: I have had just as much and MORE trouble with Ice, Fire, Myth, and Balance doing this, so those who say that can lay off on that too! The only schools that I seem to have little trouble with this ever are Life and Death. I think it's partly due to who you go in to battles with and what their accuracy is. I solo a lot so this has been my experience and I can always see a difference in things when I have another players with me. I also believe fizzle is due, in part, to how you stack a deck and how often you use certain spells. I think the less types of attack spells you have in a deck the better you will be in that area. In general I only keep two types of attacks in most of my Grand's decks, and with Balance I generally only keep Judgment in there unless I am fighting Balance....though my Balance has not hit level 48 yet to get Nova, but when she does it will probably be my second attack spell in her deck.


Defender
Apr 02, 2009
105
Hmm, I wonder why everyone thinks Ice is weak. Well they are.


Not saying Ice is a bad school, just saying, it isn't powerful at all. Just look at the comparison between Ice Giant and Storm Lord.

Ice Giant:

Accuracy - 85 ( I think )

Damage - 450 ( Again I think. Somewhere in the 400's )

Effects - Hits all, and stun.


Storm Lord:

Accuracy - 70

Damage - 695

Effects - Hits all, and stun.


Dylan ShadowTalon Lvl 47

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
14
They are all pretty equal I mean I'm storm and my 4 pip kraken hits more than your 5 pip spell but I mean storm has bad accuracy and health to make up for having the strongest spells

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
341
sparky1233334444 wrote:
the attacks are lets say ice's highest attack hurts ... 620 ha that's why!



HEY, ICE IS NOT WEAK! The spells may not do the most damage, but Ice is not weak. They have more health than any other school wizards. Not to mention the shields. Ice is just as good as any other school. All schools are equal. With Strengths and Weaknesses. Storm is strong, but fizzles often. You see what I mean?

Christopher Frostbreeze, (currently) Level 28, Ice Wizard

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
341
DarkStorm824 wrote:
chrisy123567810 wrote:
ok your kind of mean ice is awesome because we have the most health an when people hit us with attacks it doesnt take away much an we know what to do when we attack an we're the second most powerful to death an storm is awesome but it always fizzles to an no offense but life only heals an myth isnt very powerful fire is great but ice is is a little better balance is good but when your lvl 33 you still dont get very powerful cards an you know what ice wizards rule they care for people an your just mean because why even post mean things about ice wizards anyway your just mean


Alright why are you saying they are mean when your saying things like "Myth isn't very powerful" and "life only heals" and "fire is great but ice is better"

There is no need to say that about other schools of magic. Please look at your post, if other people say ice is weak and you say their mean and then you start saying that ice is stronger than this, ice is stronger than that.

None of us are saying Ice is horrible and none of us are saying Ice rises to the throne above every school of magic.

No offense but I think you are being a little bit mean to Myth, Fire, and the other magic schools you have mentioned



I agree with you, DarkStorm, All schools have strengths and weaknesses. None are better than another.

Explorer
May 09, 2009
82
I think it is kind of unfair for ice, because life has 90% accuracy and ice has 80% accuracy.so tell me how its fair for ice if evil snowman does 240-300 damage and lifes natures wrath does the same damage, same pip cost, with MORE accuracy? :( well, there might be something Im not getting here, does ice get more power pips or or is it the health that ice has? Or is it that it is just unfair for ice? But im not saying ice is weak, I think ice is really powerful. And im not saying the other schools are weak, every school has there own strenghs and weaknesses.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
10
DarkStorm824 wrote:
chrisy123567810 wrote:
ok your kind of mean ice is awesome because we have the most health an when people hit us with attacks it doesnt take away much an we know what to do when we attack an we're the second most powerful to death an storm is awesome but it always fizzles to an no offense but life only heals an myth isnt very powerful fire is great but ice is is a little better balance is good but when your lvl 33 you still dont get very powerful cards an you know what ice wizards rule they care for people an your just mean because why even post mean things about ice wizards anyway your just mean


Alright why are you saying they are mean when your saying things like "Myth isn't very powerful" and "life only heals" and "fire is great but ice is better"

There is no need to say that about other schools of magic. Please look at your post, if other people say ice is weak and you say their mean and then you start saying that ice is stronger than this, ice is stronger than that.

None of us are saying Ice is horrible and none of us are saying Ice rises to the throne above every school of magic.

No offense but I think you are being a little bit mean to Myth, Fire, and the other magic schools you have mentioned


EXACTLY!

Life only heals? LIFE ONLY HEALS? Centaur has saved my life a gazillion times. Do you know how many Death Bosses there are? LOADS. That is why you should never underestimate Life.

Anyway, that was really harsh, chrisy12345678910. Ice isn't better than every single school! All schools are important. If you're a Thaumaturge, and you don't like a Pyromancer for being a PYROMANCER, that's wrong as well.

In conclusion, all schools are AWESOME! None of them are more AWESOME than the other!

By the way, I agree! Ice is TOTALLY NOT WEAK!

Alia LotusPetal level 46 Theurgist
Rachel LotusBlossom level 12 Sorcerer
Alura MistEyes level 10 Necromancer
Mary IceBlossom level 7 Thaumaturge
and Sabrina LightCaster level 4 Diviner
READ THE MOST POWERFUL SPELLS OF ALL! :D

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
178
Explorer
May 28, 2009
93
Sorry I didn't mean to anger anyone. I suppose I was just frustrated that someone called ice weak. I should have worded things better. I meant to say pretty much what most of you are saying- that ice isn't the only school with a weakness. -Chill

1