Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why?

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Can someone please explain to me why it's imperative to have a Balance-specific blade? I've been hearing about it since I was an Initiate; I'm a Legendary Sorcerer now and I still don't get it.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why it's imperative to have a Balance-specific blade? I've been hearing about it since I was an Initiate; I'm a Legendary Sorcerer now and I still don't get it.

Well, the "Balance-specific Blade/Trap" concept was a point in the argument about a Balance-specific Dispell. The creator of this point (yours truly :D) argued that to have a Balance-specific Damage mitigater with no Balance-specific Damage boosters is unfair.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
Well, the "Balance-specific Blade/Trap" concept was a point in the argument about a Balance-specific Dispell. The creator of this point (yours truly :D) argued that to have a Balance-specific Damage mitigater with no Balance-specific Damage boosters is unfair.

It might be unfair, but we have Balance Blade and to have two blades would be superfluous and unfair to the other schools in my opinion. Plus, what would they name it? lol I think having a non-specific blade and trap is fine and actually better for us Sorcerers since we have Elemental attacks and adding a Balance-specific blade and trap wouldn't make sense. It's not like Unbalance is a hot commodity and we can use it against enemies as well. I'm kinda upset that I have nothing to use it on since my Sorcerer is done with everything and I'm focusing on my other wizards for now. What I'm more upset about is the fact that we don't have some kind of prism or Balance shield. I think your expert negotiating techniques would be served better in that category.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:

It might be unfair, but we have Balance Blade and to have two blades would be superfluous and unfair to the other schools in my opinion. Plus, what would they name it? lol I think having a non-specific blade and trap is fine and actually better for us Sorcerers since we have Elemental attacks and adding a Balance-specific blade and trap wouldn't make sense. It's not like Unbalance is a hot commodity and we can use it against enemies as well. I'm kinda upset that I have nothing to use it on since my Sorcerer is done with everything and I'm focusing on my other wizards for now. What I'm more upset about is the fact that we don't have some kind of prism or Balance shield. I think your expert negotiating techniques would be served better in that category.

It may interest you to know that I have indeead submitted an idea for a Balance-School Prism. It is, however, generic, does have a minor Pip cost, and randomly changes the School of the next incoming Attack into another School. As for the BalanceShield, it would interest me to know: why?