Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the worst school?

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
as a secondary i say myth and fire(although im fire) because you cant use minions for myth and fire is only good with helephant and meteor, for main school i think life, because spells like satyr is like regenerate. NO OFFENCE INTENDED! just stating my opinion thx for reading :D :D

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I don't think there IS a worst school. All of the schools have their pros and cons, and everyone who is talking about best and worst schools is (no offense meant) kind of predjudiced, because no one will say that their school is the worst. Also those few that do say their school is worst, then they say someone ELSE'S school is worst, which makes someone mad, and so on. I'm a Myth wizard and in no way I would say Myth is the best. I know everyone says that Myth is mainly minions, but those are REALLY useful in battle, since other school's minions only taunt and shield or trap. Also, like I said, I'm Myth and I barely EVER use a minion spell.
I know someone who's Death and he really enjoys his attack-and-heal spells, but they aren't very high power.
I know a Storm wizard who has great spells but so much fizzle.
My secondary's Life and it's great for healing but not for attack.
I know someone whos secondary is Fire, and the spells are good once you get higher, but I tend to think of it as the "averege" school.
I know that Ice doesn't have particularly great spells, but it has great health.
So there you have it. There really IS no worst school.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
that's easy: there is none. your "worst" school is the one that has a strategy that you dont really like. some wizards think that the schools that hit less are worse but they're not. if you like to get things done quick, then a good school would be storm. if you like to take a bit more time to do things so that the game doesn't go too fast, pick ice. if you like to be a great help to everyone, pick life. remember that it's possible for any school to solo the game and all the schools ROCK

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I think the worst school is Storm (no offense Professor Balestrom). Even though its powerful 1 out of 10 it fizzles.

Defender
May 05, 2010
docdord wrote:
i dont think that storm is the worst school because of its high damage. No offense to anyone but i would say the worst schools are death and ice. Ice has very little attack but high life usually makes up for it and i am death and it takes a lot more strategy in battles than usual.

No offense to anyone remember, and its not really that schools are better than each other but more strategy is involved in a few schools.

Well death school isn't that bad if you add it with a high damage hitting school as your secondary. : |

Defender
May 05, 2010

Balence: all around
Special skill: helping others

Storm: damage
Special skill: Does lots of damage

Ice:Defence
special skill: Taunting

Fire: Damage over time
Special skill stun

Myth:Minions
Special skill: with minions outnumbering

Life:Heal
Special skill: heal

Death:Heal and attack
Special skill: life stealing

Well there is no school that has perfect attack and defence. Otherwise people would pick the school that is the best.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
i think life if the worst i not saying its REALLY BAD i think its good school its just not to many attacks spells, it only has 5 attack spells not including things like life prism or clam etc.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
Ice has beast shields, life practically cannot die, storm can finish a battle in seconds, death heals and attacks at the same time, and fire is a good balance between strong attacks and lower fizzle rate than storm. Balance dominates in pvp, but is not so good outside of it. So, overall, I think myth is the worst, as it has nothing to stand out from all the other schools (Other than earthquake, which is really annoying).

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
peaches2matt wrote:
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion

70% normal though
The worst school is storm it stinks a lot of damage but fizzles a lot

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?

You get more spells on quest
I am a level 27 life

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
Penguin4ever wrote:
mpetersen68 wrote:
balance, myth, and ice dominate PvP/ life is the most popular second school/ fire rules through its multipule all spells combined with damage over turns/ deaths ability to attack and heal themselves is a great combo/ which leaves storm low health and high fizzle rate seems like a high price to pay for the ability to do the most damage per pip. so my vote goes for storm as the worse school.

O: GASP! HOW DARE THOUGH ACCUSE THE AWESOME SCHOOL OF BEING WORST!

*heavy panting*

Okay, I just want to say that storm is the most fun school I have played. My first wizard was Ice, I stuggled to level because of my weak attacks. Second was balance, I got bored because I kept on using the same attacks. Then came life, it was fun and all, but I found it annoying that I barely had any attack spells. Then came my STORM. It was so much fun! Sure, the fizzle rate is high, but we can get clothest that INCREASE OURACCURACY! That's what most people seem to think about storm.

Our accuracy is 70%!!
+Grand clothest accuracy boost, is that around 15-20%?
+Treasure cards
Almost 90% or so!

Storm hands down is the most fun school I've ever played through. With its high attacks I found it so much fun to overkill bosses. It was fun to solo through, but not easy! It's simply the beginning of storm, until about MB clothes level, that its fizzles finally let up. I suggest if you think storm is the worst school, make one yourself!

So, my conclusion for the worst school is: BALANCE
Although it may be good in the arena, it's not fun to have people complain about you. Sure, it seems strong, but it gets very boring. I'm not saying it's weak, but I just don't see how balance could be so good in anything else besides arena. No offense, but this is my conclusion.

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhave
Master of Ice and Storm

ok actually balance is better than storm it has judgment hydra (witch has storm attack) power nova wich is absolutly amazing and elemental minion wich can summon a storm minion plus when you secondary myth you can destroy them
p.s. balance blade hex blade storm weaknessand black mantle are good to so ha

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
peaches2matt wrote:
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion

actually, storm has 70% accuracy

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
I think the worst school is fire. You do a helaphant and you fizzle becuse it could kill the enamy. Now it may be a school were you think it does damage for the first time for it being casted but think again. Now that stinks like stinkweed.

Matthew OwlStalker, level 38 fire
Matthew IceCaster, Level 6 Ice.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I think which school is "best" or "worst" can very heavily depend on your playing style and on where you're at in the game.

In the beginning and middle stages, Storm and Ice are very difficult because they both seem to fizzle a lot. With the proper clothing, Storm's low accuracy will eventually correct itself to nearly 100% at Legendary. Conversely, Ice clothing has the lowest boost to accuracy of all the elemental schools, even at Legendary. Storm struggles with very low health all the way to the end; meanwhile, Ice struggles with very low damage until somewhere in MooShu. By the end, of Celestia, however, Storm can unleash unbelievable amounts of damage with near perfect accuracy; and Ice's immense health and resistance to all damage is just about equally unbelievable.

Balance may be "boring," but that's only in the beginning. By using the spectral spells, Balance is uniquely able to fight effectively against its own school opponents. By using the various spell classes availble, Balance can buff, heal, shield or damage as needed, as well as being able to "minor" in a second school nearly as well as a primary member of that school. At Legendary my Balance wizard is nearly unstoppable. High health, high damage output, relatively high accuracy, high critical and the ability to heal.... She is a force to be reckoned with. :)

Fire has low accuracy and gets two damage-over-time spells early on that can complicate the early game (by making it harder to survive at first). By mid-game, however, Fire can be extremely potent and as efficient as Storm in wiping out all the enemies quickly. Fire is nicely balanced between Storm and Ice in terms of health and damage potential, and then adds the ability to do damage over time (aka, break through shields).

Death gets damage power fast, but there are many steps to take in order to unleash Death's true damage potential. This school requires planning ahead and strategy.

Life has limited attacks, but it also has incredible healing ability. We all know this. At Legendary, Life gains a group-kill spell that, in terms of damage potential, puts it on a par with Fire, Ice, Balance and Storm. You add that plus the ability to heal endlessly and effortlessly, and that is a powerful school to try to beat.

Myth was my first school. It's advantage is always having a helper available and being able to punch through shields. It's big disadvantage is very weak attack-all spells. On the other hand, I think Myth may be the best school there is for teaching new wizards strategy for working with minions, and the importance of killing the weakest enemy first.

My favorite schools are Fire and Balance. The schools I've struggled the hardest with are Ice and Myth. But even with the struggles, I wouldn't say these are the "worst" schools ... rather, they are the most challenging.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
peaches2matt wrote:
I get your points. I was talking about% but all around i think the worst school is myth. no offense to anyone. How do you choose a 2nd school?
i am a legendary myth (luke ravenstone) and i agree myth is hard to use at low levels, but up past level 42 it becomes one of the most useful because of it's countless strategic advantages. there is no truly worst school, every school has advantages and disadvantages over the other schools.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2011
25%- Storm, 35%-Life, 50%-Death (I'm that kind of student), 45% Myth (Back ups)(most spells), 10%-Fire,30%-Ice

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Storm Rocks! Have you ever used Kraken? Have you ever hired a Storm henchmen? If an school is the worst, it's...well, I don't really have a solid answer for that. Death or Ice. Probably Ice. It's my secondary school, so I have the right to say so! Well, that, and the fact this is a member's board, and I'm a member.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Personally, all schools are good and bad in a way. Each one has a few cons, and a few pros.

Storm: Really powerful hits, but small chance.
Fire: (my secondary) Somewhat powerful, okay chance.
Ice: (my school) Weak, but good health and shields.
Death: Weak, but good damage and health attacks.
Myth: Kind of weak.
Life: Weak, but great health and healing.

I have not yet tried the new school at Celestia, and have only started in Celestia.

- Elizabeth Mistleaf - Level 49 - Ice

Survivor
Nov 03, 2010
I in my personal opinion I don't want to offend anyone but I'll say the worst school is myth, I know it has earthquake that takes all shields and blades (not including stun shields) Orthrus that does double attack to take shield off and Medusa spells (that stuns for 2 rounds) which are really good spells and has many good minions but the spells somewhat are weak and minions would not help you in a 4v4 pvp match which is super fun but myth compared to another school is nothing,for example a school that many of you guys hate ice,it does pretty bad damage but think about frost lord and snow angel they are not bad at all and plus a feint or a sun school spells that makes it stronger it will be perfect because it has high % not to fizzle,high health and resist this will make ice the perfect school.So I would say myth is the worst school. :)

I know this does not goes to the topic but my favorite school is fire due to have a balance in everything,damage, fizz % ,health ,spells,and resist.

Jack Skull Hunter Fire level 60

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
leandro0624 wrote:
I in my personal opinion I don't want to offend anyone but I'll say the worst school is myth, I know it has earthquake that takes all shields and blades (not including stun shields) Orthrus that does double attack to take shield off and Medusa spells (that stuns for 2 rounds) which are really good spells and has many good minions but the spells somewhat are weak and minions would not help you in a 4v4 pvp match which is super fun but myth compared to another school is nothing,for example a school that many of you guys hate ice,it does pretty bad damage but think about frost lord and snow angel they are not bad at all and plus a feint or a sun school spells that makes it stronger it will be perfect because it has high % not to fizzle,high health and resist this will make ice the perfect school.So I would say myth is the worst school. :)

I know this does not goes to the topic but my favorite school is fire due to have a balance in everything,damage, fizz % ,health ,spells,and resist.

Jack Skull Hunter Fire level 60

ha! coming from someone who plays a school which is all about power
your simply playing an easy school

myth is extremely good in the right hands (like mine for example) it can kill anyone in the arena and with the proper buffs, can be quite powerful.

matthew stormshade 60 myth
matthew stormspear 60 storm
matthew titanshard 60 balance
matthew stalker 60 death
matthew stormwalker 60 ice

Survivor
May 02, 2010
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?
That makes me feel different

Survivor
May 02, 2010
rarakelley wrote:
We do have some damage spells, but now that I think about it am always asking for help.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
Penguin4ever wrote:
mpetersen68 wrote:
balance, myth, and ice dominate PvP/ life is the most popular second school/ fire rules through its multipule all spells combined with damage over turns/ deaths ability to attack and heal themselves is a great combo/ which leaves storm low health and high fizzle rate seems like a high price to pay for the ability to do the most damage per pip. so my vote goes for storm as the worse school.

O: GASP! HOW DARE THOUGH ACCUSE THE AWESOME SCHOOL OF BEING WORST!

*heavy panting*

Okay, I just want to say that storm is the most fun school I have played. My first wizard was Ice, I stuggled to level because of my weak attacks. Second was balance, I got bored because I kept on using the same attacks. Then came life, it was fun and all, but I found it annoying that I barely had any attack spells. Then came my STORM. It was so much fun! Sure, the fizzle rate is high, but we can get clothest that INCREASE OURACCURACY! That's what most people seem to think about storm.

Our accuracy is 70%!!
+Grand clothest accuracy boost, is that around 15-20%?
+Treasure cards
Almost 90% or so!

Storm hands down is the most fun school I've ever played through. With its high attacks I found it so much fun to overkill bosses. It was fun to solo through, but not easy! It's simply the beginning of storm, until about MB clothes level, that its fizzles finally let up. I suggest if you think storm is the worst school, make one yourself!

So, my conclusion for the worst school is: BALANCE
Although it may be good in the arena, it's not fun to have people complain about you. Sure, it seems strong, but it gets very boring. I'm not saying it's weak, but I just don't see how balance could be so good in anything else besides arena. No offense, but this is my conclusion.

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhave
Master of Ice and Storm
This reply is very old but I wanted to Reply to it.

I would like to focus mainly ont he BALANCE being the worst. I by far disagree. Balances only do good in arena vs those that didn't set their deck vs the current Spiral Which is Myth, Fire, Storm, Death, Life, and Ice. As a balance by suggestion from KI first wizard thing I saw it was me in essence and enjoy it. I personally C more disadvances Balances have than advantages. Everyone else can at least blade. We can't and shouldn't to be wise. We do have our tiny advanages but in PVP it was actually touch and go vs quite a few types of wizards. The power might of been made out of the other school concepts but most balances are too easy to beat. I have a great Deck myself and win about 19/20 1v1 but i spent time tweeking it.

At the time Myth was the Greatest Fear of Balances. It was the only one that could Rival me personally. Myths change the name of the game. The worst at the time was ICE....they had no powerful attacks and could be crushed easily.(and yes i have 5 other wizards and all but Ice was very good in pvp or on street, Balance included).

As for Now.....I must say Tweeking a Deck right is no easy matter. Old methods of mine are all out the window, Since critical is so deadly. I have set my deck mostly just attacks anymore....I know sad.....Almost no other spell deserves to be in the decks at this time. I think next LEVEL CAP UPDATE should give all Wizards about 3k more life. I would like to be able to make a better looking deck XD....decks these days are too much attack based.....plus PVP most matches are just 1 hit kills

Anyways the school that i think does the worst right now.....Man that I will have to think about for a few seconds before i type it.........

I sadly have to say.....It is Fire. That is my opinion. It is mostly cause too many Efreet. Efreet isnt that strong vs me on any of my wizards even my Fire XD. Life is a close 2nd though.....very close. Its hard to pick in full.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
Dcybele wrote:

Worst at doing damage = yeah Ice and Life
Worst at tanking/soloing = Life

I think that storm is the worst at tanking and soloing (this is just my opinion) because of their low health. Sure they can do very heavy damage, but the low health and fizzling will come into play. Just think about it, they would try to defeat enemies and lose their health in chunks since it's low and keep fizzling when trying to finish the enemy and get beaten by them.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I think the worst school personally is life sure it heals but not very good spells after that is ice.