Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What to do with too much exp?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
I think that we should get extra exp converted into coins. This means that all legendaries will get coins from quests instead of the experience. You can convert it so that we don't have to stuck getting exp we will never get to use. :(

Thoughts?

Jason 8)

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think quest experience should be lowered a bit, at least in Wintertusk. Maxing out in levels and experience before even stepping foot into Celestia, is a bit to much.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
seasnake wrote:
I think quest experience should be lowered a bit, at least in Wintertusk. Maxing out in levels and experience before even stepping foot into Celestia, is a bit to much.
then we end up with people complaining that it isn't worth doing wintertusk because the xp isn't enough. that's what turned the xp people away from grizzleheim. unfortunately, people will complain no matter what KI tries to do. as for getting gold instead of xp for legendaries, i wouldn't mind it, but there's a 200,000 gp limit. then people would complain about all the gold going to waste and they'd be earning nothing from quests. all the gear would just build up in your backpack and no one would want to sell it and get no gold for it. -eli and crew

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
seasnake wrote:
then we end up with people complaining that it isn't worth doing wintertusk because the xp isn't enough. that's what turned the xp people away from grizzleheim. unfortunately, people will complain no matter what KI tries to do. as for getting gold instead of xp for legendaries, i wouldn't mind it, but there's a 200,000 gp limit. then people would complain about all the gold going to waste and they'd be earning nothing from quests. all the gear would just build up in your backpack and no one would want to sell it and get no gold for it. -eli and crew

lol, I went from level 50 to 54 in about a half hour in Wintertusk, every little quest I turned in whether it was purely running around or actually defeating anything jumped my experience bar many segments at a time. I expected to play Wintertusk and maybe gain two or three levels, and instead first half hour or so I'm barely in and have barely done anything in Wintertusk and was already up four levels.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
seasnake wrote:
I think quest experience should be lowered a bit, at least in Wintertusk.
ok, i do agree that wintertusk is a bit too generous with its xp. while it was nice to be able to get my balance mage to legendary and avoid celestia with its constant 'i'm sorry, you didn't collect', i couldn't even get him to the floating land by himself to get his higher level sun spells. fortunately my myth mage went through the arduous process of going through celestia before wintertusk came out, so i could get my balance guy there (through the assistance of my friend who also got to legendary from wintertusk). so, yes, it maybe could stand to be lowered. -elijah, corwin, and crew