Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What school to leave out.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
So you probably all know that there are only 6 slots for your Wizards, and 7 schools to choose from. I did every school except Balance. It's just there's nothing exceptionally good about Balance. I know it can be powerful in it's own way just as any other school, but there's nothing about it that really caught my eye. Moderate accuracy, Moderate damage, a couple minions, that's pretty much it. Now I know all those Balance wizards are going to go hating on me but it's all a matter of personal preference. I know it can be EXCEPTIONALLY tricky to leave out a school but I guess you have to use your opinion and your personal preference. And if you wanted you could try leveling them all to level 10 and see which schools you enjoy most. And then the one school you disliked most would be the one you leave out. I'd really like to read your feedback so leave me a reply if you'd like. :)

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
I left behind balance on my original group of wizards for the same reason you did. I'm gonna come out clear with this one, and please dont hate on me for this balance wizards out there, but i hate hate hate balance's theme of school, i mean really balance? it's a cool concept but did they have to really make it a big pile up of the other schools? One the other hand most of my favorite spells are from balance, I just love the desert sand theme and the pure balance cards, i love them. My current favorite is storm, just because i love the theme of storm.

Explorer
May 10, 2011
yes im gonna try to level them all up to 10 i think ill leave out.. myth i guess lol.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
Hmm.. There are two things that I like about balance. One is you have blades and traps for any school so you can even blade your secondary. Second, you don't have to worry about shields besides tower. Like if your a myth wizard fighting storm people for your quest, the storm people use myth shield a lot. It's the same with any school except balance.
I personally would leave out ice XD for some reason, I just don't like it. Not enough power for me? I don't know.

-Mycin Darkheart
Archmage Necromancer

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
Lolz! I would leave out Balance too apart from the fact that when I took the quiz I turned out to be Balance (I thought I was Ice so that's why my name makes absolutely no sense on my main) but now, after going up 67 levels, I can't really go back .

But, I actually thought I'd leave out fire at first (Not a good idea...) but then I decided to leave out myth, then storm, then myth again and then storm...

About 6-7 myth/storm wizards later I finally decided to leave out storm, here's my reasons:

- Low accuracy
-- Takes a long time to get good accuracy boosts
-- Relies too much on chance
- High damage, but not many special effects
- I just don't like Storm Lord.

Pros on Myth:
- I like Hummongo Froggy :D
- Good AoE attacks
- Shatter is a classic!
- I like how you can get through 1 layer of shields with minotaur/orthrus

I realise many, many Storm wizards will loathe me for this - But oh well!

Jazz IceBringer, Sorceress
Nat JadeBlade, Theurgist
Cat WinterHeart, Thaumaturge
Izzy Nightshade, Necromancer
Monica, Pyromancer
&
Alex, Conjurer

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
jburton4342 wrote:
So you probably all know that there are only 6 slots for your Wizards, and 7 schools to choose from. I did every school except Balance. It's just there's nothing exceptionally good about Balance. I know it can be powerful in it's own way just as any other school, but there's nothing about it that really caught my eye. Moderate accuracy, Moderate damage, a couple minions, that's pretty much it. Now I know all those Balance wizards are going to go hating on me but it's all a matter of personal preference. I know it can be EXCEPTIONALLY tricky to leave out a school but I guess you have to use your opinion and your personal preference. And if you wanted you could try leveling them all to level 10 and see which schools you enjoy most. And then the one school you disliked most would be the one you leave out. I'd really like to read your feedback so leave me a reply if you'd like. :)
Wow really? Leaving out a school that means their character gets deleted then they have to start over all friends gone I have no idea what this is. Plus your close friends and all your time you spent will be gone.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I left out Ice on this (my main) account, for no other reason than I just didn't have room.

I have about 7 alts, and only one Balance wizard between all of them~ it and Myth are my least-favourite schools so far, though Fire isn't far behind at the moment.

In order (I'll also include my wizards' levels):

1. Storm (61)
-Hated the fizzles at first, but Sestiva can finally hold her own in combat.

2. Death (75)
-Val struggled at the start of CL, but is now in Av killing more than he gets killed. :P

3. Life (34)
-I trained Ice to Tower. Needless to say, Tav is immortal.

4. Balance (80)
-The only reason my doppelganger is this high on the list is because she's an archmage; pre-Legendary sorcerers are a nightmare to play, and there were a few different times I considered deleting her.

5. Ice (18)
-I don't play Tara much (since she's on my alt), but she rarely dies in combat.

6. Fire (16)
-As of now, haven't bonded with Angela yet. If things don't improve by the time she gets Meteor Strike, I may consider deleting her.

7. Myth (21)
-I really don't like Myth and, as a result, poor Patrick is my least-played character. It takes a specific personality to play a support school well, and I don't have it... as much as I hate PvP, it's currently my only justification for keeping him.

-

My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Laura Shadowsong, archmage sorceress
Valerian Deathwhisper, transcendent necromancer
Sestiva Stormblade, legendary diviner
Tavia Summershield, magus theurgist
Patrick Dreamstalker, adept conjurer
Tara Winterbloom, journeygirl thaumaturge
Angela Nightflame, journeygirl pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I say get rid of Balance. It's a big cheat school. I mean really, the triple shield thing. It's bad enough we have the to shield attacks. Get rid of balance! it's a big disadvantage for all schools!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
luckyboy26 on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
I say get rid of Balance. It's a big cheat school. I mean really, the triple shield thing. It's bad enough we have the to shield attacks. Get rid of balance! it's a big disadvantage for all schools!
Ooh, someone's angry because he got smashed by a sorcerer in PvP! That rarely happens, but it's the only reason anyone ever hates on us or cries that we're overpowered~ they'd rather whine than strategize. But hey, for future reference, it's called a Tower Shield... just sayin'.

Getting decent stats and strategy is tough for Balance: we can't break shields or wand off weakness, we get our first useful spell at level 30, and are dependent on off-school spells from day one. It took me 2 years to make my stats even halfway decent, and I did most of it without any help from other players~ I suggest you make a Balance wizard, then talk to me about it being a 'cheat school'; I may dislike Balance, but my reasons are based on experience and aren't selfish.

El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong/Val Deathwhisper
archmage sorceress & necromancer

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
Leaving out Balance is un-nessasary. It probably took months for KI to come up with the school of Balance, and they are not just going to leave it behind. If there is no balance, there will be no Marleybone, not even krokotopia. And coming up with those worlds probably took years to come up with, and Balance made it happen. So without Balance, there is no point of those 2 worlds. So for those high levels out there, ( me too).
just think about it. Balance helped you 2 worlds into coming that level. And you just want to throw it in the trash can.

Molly Dreamcloud,
Myth
Thank You For Your Time

Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
Well I guess they should make seven slots.I left out Myth.But you could learn that school with training points.So if you do that you will learn all the schools.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
funnyjen511 on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
Well I guess they should make seven slots.I left out Myth.But you could learn that school with training points.So if you do that you will learn all the schools.
They won't ever make 7 slots, Professor Greyrose has said so several times.
and you cannot learn every school spell with training points; there are many school-only spells left out.
It's either buy another account for the last slot or leave one out.

personally, I'm not a fan of Balance and and chosen, after several tries, to leave that one be.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Prior to Ra i would have said balance but now i will say myth because it is my least favorite and in my opinion the least effective school.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
RavenLady777 on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
They won't ever make 7 slots, Professor Greyrose has said so several times.
and you cannot learn every school spell with training points; there are many school-only spells left out.
It's either buy another account for the last slot or leave one out.

personally, I'm not a fan of Balance and and chosen, after several tries, to leave that one be.
I know some spells are left out. I'm just saying, you could learn some spells. So you can learn all the schools but one school you leave half out.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
I have posted on this a bunch of times if my school balance was left out I would never play this game again. I don't want to go through the whole entire story again. Just because you want to delete a school and make a new one. Kingsisle would never do this.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
IKL626 on Sep 16, 2012 wrote:
Lolz! I would leave out Balance too apart from the fact that when I took the quiz I turned out to be Balance (I thought I was Ice so that's why my name makes absolutely no sense on my main) but now, after going up 67 levels, I can't really go back .

But, I actually thought I'd leave out fire at first (Not a good idea...) but then I decided to leave out myth, then storm, then myth again and then storm...

About 6-7 myth/storm wizards later I finally decided to leave out storm, here's my reasons:

- Low accuracy
-- Takes a long time to get good accuracy boosts
-- Relies too much on chance
- High damage, but not many special effects
- I just don't like Storm Lord.

Pros on Myth:
- I like Hummongo Froggy :D
- Good AoE attacks
- Shatter is a classic!
- I like how you can get through 1 layer of shields with minotaur/orthrus

I realise many, many Storm wizards will loathe me for this - But oh well!

Jazz IceBringer, Sorceress
Nat JadeBlade, Theurgist
Cat WinterHeart, Thaumaturge
Izzy Nightshade, Necromancer
Monica, Pyromancer
&
Alex, Conjurer
Wow you should have left myth out lol.
Cons on Storm
Low accuracy-------------------------------------------------Able to be dealt with
Takes a long time to get good accuracy boosts---------------level 15
Relies too much on chance--------------------------------Not if you learn to use it.
High damage, but not many special effects---------------Effects are great you need to check more out
I just don't like Storm Lord. -------------Some people dont.

Pros on Myth:
I like Hummongo Froggy :D----------------Some people do
Good AoE attacks----------------------------Theres only 1 AoE
Shatter is a classic! ---------------------------Shatter treasure card is your answer
I like how you can get through 1 layer of shields with minotaur/orthrus--------Myths specialty double attack

Survivor
Oct 30, 2012
How about they just give members 7 slots. And once one uses that 7th slot it can't be taken away when they lose membership, or just pay crowns for that one extra slot.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
I only made 5 wizards and left out ice and storm, because i do not like ice, and i have a high level Myth with a storm secondary school, but recently my sis made an ice on my account, cause i have membership, so now i dont have storm, so sadly i cant get some pretty cool spells that only storm wizards get, but my favorite wizards are my myth and life wizard, cause of healing and minions+ attack to every enemy = awesome, but it doesn't matter what school you leave out, as long as that is the secondary school for one of your wizards.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
that is not true balance is awesome it good with many things power, there is one healing, there is a lot of good shields blades and trap spells, i think you should leave ice behind because the strongest spell does 520-580 for 6 pips i think so why would you leave behind balance

Survivor
Sep 05, 2012
Myth, I think. It's only use is to stun and break shields. Any wand spell can break a shield, and Ice has a lot of stuns as well.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2012
From my opinion guys, I'm just going to list the schools I think are the most powerful and then I'll say the one I left out from my characters, please don't hate me if you're school is in the 'bottom' of my list.

Fire
Storm
Death
Myth
Life
Ice

Now before you ask me why I pick them that way. I'll explain.

1. Fire does the most damage, plus they're spells are always so fun to have :p, but sadly since I'm not a Fire wizard I don't have much traps for Fire to increase the damage of Firezilla or Phoenix.

2. Storm does the second most damage if you use things like Storm Lord, however since I am only level 28 Storm Wizard I do not have these cards yet but I turn to treasure cards like usual :p However I do get mad at how much I fizzle -.-

3. Death, mainly because I love the spell that lets the enemy help you for a round, plus Vampire is useful. But the downside is I hate how most Death wizards wear black and act like they're so great and powerful and if they're the kind of players who 'roleplay' they say they are that evil guys offspring >.>

Since I don't have much characters left, go ahead and figure out why I put Myth Life and Ice last yourself. ;p

Survivor
Oct 17, 2012
I left out Death. Malistaire is Death,Lord Nightshade is Death...and so on,so forth.I didnt want to lose too much battles.I created 6,as usual,and is currently focusing on my fire wizard(brown hair,blue eyes,red clothes.Cant miss him)After that, Ill do Ice,then Storm,Myth,Balance.Life is my primary account.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Zlyxer on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
I have posted on this a bunch of times if my school balance was left out I would never play this game again. I don't want to go through the whole entire story again. Just because you want to delete a school and make a new one. Kingsisle would never do this.
i don't think you're understanding at all what the question is.
It's not to delete the school itself, it's to choose which one to leave out of the six wizards you are allowed on one account.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
I have left out Balance to I just never thought it was going to be strong. In my opinion I just don't think Balance is very strong. So yea I agree with you to leave the Balance school out again it is my opinion.