Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is Myth Supposed to be?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 21, 2011
The first wizard I ever made was Myth, and he is still on my account. It was pretty fun leveling him, I won't lie. I still use him every once in a while, but I've recently started to wonder:

What is Myth?

OK, I know Myth is supposed to be all about minions, but guess what? Every other school has them. And the fact that we have to double-trap some of our spells doesn't help matters. I can't tell you how many times I was double trapping to cast an orthrus when a minion just cast a blood bat and got rid of one of them.

All of the other schools have a gimmick to them. Storm has their huge damage, ice is all about defense, life has lots of heals, and Myth was originally supposed to be the minion school, but now I don't see it like that.

In more recent updates, our spells have got more interesting at higher ranks. We now have a DoT, a double stun, and we can even steal a pip. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we also are the only school that can get rid of wards (traps on ourselves and shields on enemies).

My point is, Myth is now probably the strangest school in the game. Our spells have so much variety that there's nothing really unique about them. So what is Myth supposed to be? Is it "The Random School?" If it's not that, it's just "The Yellow School." And who would want to be a member of "The Yellow School?"

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Myth has a larger variety of minions to choose from unlike the other schools.

Spells such as "Earthquake" remove everything from the enemy, all wards and charms. That is extremely helpful (especially in PvP).

Their stuns are very handy too, because who doesn't like a free two turns without worrying about what the enemy was planning on doing?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
You've hit is right on the head - the strange yellow school.

Myth starts great. The low level minions work pretty well. But somewhere down the line someone got the idea of selling henchmen, so minions were neglected. The theme at low levels - "the solo school with mythical creatures" falls to bits as you level up- no native healing, no extra buffs, only a weak AoE that isn't nice to look at and has nothing to do with the style of the school.

At middle levels Myth is good for 1v1 PvP but it changes completely from an all around school to a single target hammer that relies on life mastery and spells for healing. Minions become useless, often worse than useless after CL. If Myth were to keep its original feel and abilites, it would be a very popular school and would be the best choice for people who wanted to play solo. That would require high level minions set for specific tasks. The two roadblocks being this would cut into henchman sales, and such minions would be OP for PvP. So Myth is the school with an identity crisis.

I happen to like my Myth wiz, and find all sorts of ways to use him, but I see why so many players are confused & conflicted about it.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
It's definitely the grossest school.
  • snot bat
  • gassy gobbler
  • barfing frog
  • giant slobbery dog

I always thought Myth was the tactical school though. It offers more direct solutions to duel circle obstacles than other schools.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
TheScarySwords on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
The first wizard I ever made was Myth, and he is still on my account. It was pretty fun leveling him, I won't lie. I still use him every once in a while, but I've recently started to wonder:

What is Myth?

OK, I know Myth is supposed to be all about minions, but guess what? Every other school has them. And the fact that we have to double-trap some of our spells doesn't help matters. I can't tell you how many times I was double trapping to cast an orthrus when a minion just cast a blood bat and got rid of one of them.

All of the other schools have a gimmick to them. Storm has their huge damage, ice is all about defense, life has lots of heals, and Myth was originally supposed to be the minion school, but now I don't see it like that.

In more recent updates, our spells have got more interesting at higher ranks. We now have a DoT, a double stun, and we can even steal a pip. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we also are the only school that can get rid of wards (traps on ourselves and shields on enemies).

My point is, Myth is now probably the strangest school in the game. Our spells have so much variety that there's nothing really unique about them. So what is Myth supposed to be? Is it "The Random School?" If it's not that, it's just "The Yellow School." And who would want to be a member of "The Yellow School?"
The variety of Myth's spells are what MAKE it unique. It is the school of the Imagination, Chaos -- The "Anything Can Happen" school. To call it just "The Yellow School" is an insult to Myth wizards everywhere. Myth chose me, and I never felt the desire to be anything else. That's what I tell players when they ask if I have any other wizards. And since my birthstone is Peridot, I also tell them I was born Myth.

Wolf WindRider
Exalted and only

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Isn't it nice that myth doesn't have a particular strong point and that it can do multiple things? Sometimes, isn't variety a good thing?
Sarai Thunderstrider
Master

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
glowstorm13 on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Isn't it nice that myth doesn't have a particular strong point and that it can do multiple things? Sometimes, isn't variety a good thing?
Sarai Thunderstrider
Master
Variety is great, that's why I love Death and Balance ;)

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
its the weird school alright

shirtless cyclops
shirtless minotaur
shirtless minion
curvy Medusa
troll in underwear
bulimic frog

so the strange yellow school with the creepy teacher basically covers it

at least king art is dressed (i hope)