Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What does Leveling up mean to you?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Pretty straightforward Q. Each wizard school has specific inborn health traits, power pip traits(does it affect pips too? I forget) and moves along a certain path with their gear, behavior of their spells at a certain pip cost, etc.

Every time we reach a certain milestone or whatever you want to call it, we get training points, pip percentage boost, new gear available to wear and a couple of other goodies. But how would you define leveling up for you?

I want to challenge something: Does leveling always have to mean stronger gear, pets, spells? Maybe I'm letting Elder Scrolls Skyrim get to me, but what is it that is so important in leveling up for you?

I've yet to come up with my own answer.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Ah, a good old trip down memory lane lol. Well, when I was first starting out, Leveling up meant that slow, slow, climb to Grandmaster. And the Shockblade of the Hoarder, lol. I thought it was the coolest wand ever when I first saw it rofl. Then a friend challenged me to make a new wizard (my current one) and get it to Grandmaster before him and someone else. The third party gave up at level 10, while me and my friend competed visciously. I finally came in first, won bragging rights, and celebrated by going on a hunt for the Grandmaster Gear. So that time around it meant competition. The next few updates, it was the climb to Leviathan and Sirens. I never really paid much attention to pets until I started pvping. Gear, I just went for my school's resist, don't ask me why. And for swords, well, whatever looked the coolest, naturally.

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner
Paul Ironflame, Grandmaster Pyromancer

Go Sparks!

Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
honestly i don't think leveling up is that big of a deal. it's a whole lot more fun when get entrance into a new world or learn a new spell.