Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What are the basics for making a world idea?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2009
I'm busy imagining a world that would probably never be added, but since I've never did this before, I was wondering if anyone knew the basics. I'm planning out the dialogue, the characters, quests, vendors, all that sort of stuff. Is there anything else I may need?

I'm also attempting at concept art, haha. Not a very good artist with coloring, though.

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge
Author of The Chosen Three fanfic

Help meee!

Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
Riolu7890 wrote:
I'm busy imagining a world that would probably never be added, but since I've never did this before, I was wondering if anyone knew the basics. I'm planning out the dialogue, the characters, quests, vendors, all that sort of stuff. Is there anything else I may need?

I'm also attempting at concept art, haha. Not a very good artist with coloring, though.

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge

Help meee!

huh. interesting. I guess you might want to get a basis for what your world is (EX: GH&WT is Norse Mythology). After that just come up with interesting names, thier "occupation", etc. Usually, after that, your story just comes together.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
To make a good world, first you need a storyline with a begining, middle, and end, a problem, and a solution. Then quests with rewards, basic outline for enemies, dialouge, and bosses. Then after that, if you have time, you can draw a basic outline for enemies. You really can just have a storyline and a few quests to post it on the internet, but if you want to get deep into it do the rest too.

Defender
May 31, 2009
Thanks so much :) I'll work on it!

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge

~See you in the Spiral!~