Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Annoys You?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
What annoys me? Three words: 'Did not collect!'.

Erin Firesword, level 92, constantly un-collector Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
oh my pet peeve has to be beggars and then reporting ie false reporting in the hatchery
I was minding my own business and talking to a couple of friends then wham I get you have been reported for bad language and I go what the ... I checked back at what I had said and nothing not one bad word. I have heard from many people who have been reported just for not wanting to hatch so yeah that's whats annoys me

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
  • Begging. Put Crowns on your Christmas list, maybe Uncle George will buy them for you.
  • People inviting themselves into fights without asking. Everyone has the right to play with whomever they wish, even if it's by themselves. You pop into a fight and the person in "First position" now has extra enemies targeting them. Ask first, the choice is not yours!
  • Friends popping into your home or into fights without asking. It's RUDE!
  • Lack of common courtesy. i.e. "Please", "Thank you", and "Sorry" go a long way.
  • Someone asking more than once in 60 seconds to be friends. If I said "No" the first time, I probably meant it. If I have to say it again, I will mean it even more!
  • People "Ordering" you to "Port". Yeah. I'm just standing around waiting for you to need help. I don't mind helping if you don't mind being nice about it.
  • Jumping in on my fight and telling me how to play and telling me you got the boss. Seriously?
  • Oh, and last but not least...................... People who wait until after you've done all the work and the enemies are 99% dead to jump in to collect what they need.

Steve.aka Elijah Thunderstaff level 88 And Sandra aka Alexandra Soulmender level 87

Historian
May 02, 2009
When fun little glitches that don't really harm or break the game all that much are fixed/patched, such as the out of battle glitch for example.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Things that annoy me...

1. Beggars.
2. Cyrus Drake. He's the main reason Myth is the Seventh school I didn't choose.
3. Text Chat
4. People teleporting without permission
5. People joining your battle, making another enemy appear, then flee.
6. People join your battle without permission.
7. Huge mounts.
8. Low levels riding huge mounts.
9. Low levels buying really cool stuff from the crowns shop that you would think is for high levels.
10. People always asking for help.
11. Fizzle.
12. Being pulled into battle.
13. In dungeons, being pulled off the SIDEWALK into battle.
14. Not being able to give up quests.
15. Not being able to choose a name in character create.
16. A person teleporting to your home, you leave, and an hour later, there's a ton of people.
17. People having bad sportsmanship when losing a battle in PVP.
18. When talking to a person with a quest, you can't decline.
19. People using my traps in battle after I politely ask not them to.
20. People cursing in the game.
21. False report.
22. People who think they are better than others.
23. Show offs.
24. Bullies.
25. Overpowered enemies.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
1 of the things that annoys me and a few others I know is when your trying to turn in a quest and you have to go around some mops and cause the walk way isn't wide enough you get pulled in and you don't want to fight cause all you wanted to do was turn in a quest.

Defender
Oct 18, 2009
waiting for the bazaar to load
people jumping in, or weird hit boxes causing people to get dragged in
afk during a major boss battle...(looking at you guy from trail of spheres)
trial of spheres (it hurts my eyes too bright especially that bit on the SUN)
not having a hot key to instantly get on and off my mount.
rediculously large mounts why did they make the hydra why
random friend request from players that are 20+ levels lower than me.(no i wont help you in wizard city go ask the 50 level 11s hanging around for help)
mixing up hot keys between games, remember Tabby you are on wizard 101 inventory is not the E key like in minecraft
Connect for to long cant find server
Gardening
Reagent hunting Why is there only three pieces of agave in all of azteca why

this list could be longer but im tired of ranting

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Plantini on Nov 22, 2013 wrote:
Things that annoy me...

1. Beggars.
2. Cyrus Drake. He's the main reason Myth is the Seventh school I didn't choose.
3. Text Chat
4. People teleporting without permission
5. People joining your battle, making another enemy appear, then flee.
6. People join your battle without permission.
7. Huge mounts.
8. Low levels riding huge mounts.
9. Low levels buying really cool stuff from the crowns shop that you would think is for high levels.
10. People always asking for help.
11. Fizzle.
12. Being pulled into battle.
13. In dungeons, being pulled off the SIDEWALK into battle.
14. Not being able to give up quests.
15. Not being able to choose a name in character create.
16. A person teleporting to your home, you leave, and an hour later, there's a ton of people.
17. People having bad sportsmanship when losing a battle in PVP.
18. When talking to a person with a quest, you can't decline.
19. People using my traps in battle after I politely ask not them to.
20. People cursing in the game.
21. False report.
22. People who think they are better than others.
23. Show offs.
24. Bullies.
25. Overpowered enemies.
Aw, Cyrus isn't all that bad, he just gets annoyed when I'm still alive after I come back from spell quests. And other quests ... And he kind of insults you whenever you talk to him ... But when you survive to the higher levels, he's all like, wow, your awesome cause yah managed to live this long!

- Jasmine Owltalon, level 92 myth (92 long levels of dealing with Cyrus. I mean nothing! -hopes Cyrus didn't hear- bye!)

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
1) beggars
2)people spinning while away from keyboard
3) people bragging while being behind that wall in the shopping district (I mean the one you need to use a mount glitch to get into)

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Wyvern1701 on Nov 21, 2013 wrote:
  • Begging. Put Crowns on your Christmas list, maybe Uncle George will buy them for you.
  • People inviting themselves into fights without asking. Everyone has the right to play with whomever they wish, even if it's by themselves. You pop into a fight and the person in "First position" now has extra enemies targeting them. Ask first, the choice is not yours!
  • Friends popping into your home or into fights without asking. It's RUDE!
  • Lack of common courtesy. i.e. "Please", "Thank you", and "Sorry" go a long way.
  • Someone asking more than once in 60 seconds to be friends. If I said "No" the first time, I probably meant it. If I have to say it again, I will mean it even more!
  • People "Ordering" you to "Port". Yeah. I'm just standing around waiting for you to need help. I don't mind helping if you don't mind being nice about it.
  • Jumping in on my fight and telling me how to play and telling me you got the boss. Seriously?
  • Oh, and last but not least...................... People who wait until after you've done all the work and the enemies are 99% dead to jump in to collect what they need.

Steve.aka Elijah Thunderstaff level 88 And Sandra aka Alexandra Soulmender level 87
it's a MMO that stands for massive MULTIplayer online if you don't like stranger joining your fights go on a gaming console

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
What annoys me the most is:

Flirters
Need help but it's a solo
People who forget about you
Being mean to player
People scamming
Begging for gifts come on that's getting old

Victoria Night Heart lvl 31 life wizard

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Survivor
Apr 20, 2013
  • "Spinners", idle wizards who use a Ctrl-key trick to spin their wizard around endlessly so they won't be kicked out after a time of inactivity. Particularly annoying when you're trying to look for items at the bazaar and the clopping sounds interfere.
  • "Ditchers", the high or low-level wizards who stand around instances or dungeons. They join you on the sigil, then quickly back out at the last second. Or the vice versa, where you're trying to solo a dungeon and some low-level wizard appears out of nowhere and runs onto the sigil at the last second.
  • "Battle Baiters", wizards who join your battle and drag more enemies into the battle ring, them promptly flee or uses Esc + Exit or does nothing, leaving you with more enemies to deal with by yourself. Sometimes they also just leave their computer, leaving me to have to deal with a full thirty-second countdown before the turn goes automatically.
  • "Shield Wasters", wizards (often low level) who ruin your stack of traps/damage boosts by using some 1-rank or wand attack. In high-level worlds, they also often trigger cheats.
  • And, most of all, mobs using Tower Shield/Weakness!

Survivor
Sep 26, 2012
"did not collect" missions by far the most annoying thing in the game.

earthquake and weakness (and any spell that gives it like death ninja pigs)

ice minions and bosses (really, they needed ice version storm spells?)

Stun (does medusa really need to do 2 turns? does stun really need to be in the game?)

"dating" in the commons and begging. (not much KI can do about that)

the overboard cheating bosses. some is neat and adds flavor, but most... and get rid of any cheat that removes traps (or dont consider conversion a trap, one of the two)

no auction (non-crown) items

Survivor
Oct 14, 2012
9635lexi on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
What annoys me???

1. Fizzles
2. People who beg for crowns
3. People who join your battles when you ask them not to
4. Low xp
5. Pet Bosses
6. Cyrus Drake
7. Cyrus Drake's Mood
8. Cyrus Drake's Brother
9. Cyrus Drake's Critism

That's what annoys me.
Alexis SilverHeart, lvl 59 Diviner.
your last four were hilarious i agree but they were pretty funny made my day a bit better thank you oh and i'm annoyed by people asking for help when i'm doing some but only if they ask repeatedly
Samuel Dragon rider level 34level 82

Survivor
Apr 20, 2013
Wizards who, either accidentally, or on purpose, join into a battle (especially when you are almost finished or almost dead); cause another opponent to join - and then they flee = leaving you to either die or fight the additional opponent.... !

Survivor
Jun 26, 2013
1. The amount of times Dragonspyre mobs casts weakness on me.
2. When people join my battle when I literally just about to finish them.
3. How I am about to kill someone with and Efreet or a Serpent and then they cast a fire shield, tower shield, weakness, or plague.
4. The large amount of noobs that continuously add me when I say "stop adding me" or "please go away".
5. When I am doing a fun little practice PvP battle at someone's house and then the one guy that I am battling turns out to be a max level Warlord with full PvP clothes and equipment and a decked out pet. LOL.

Sarah SparkleCloud Lvl. 95

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
people who think you have to ask before joining a battle MMO get those letters into your head

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
1.)Beggars
2.)people who join your battle then flee
3.) people arguing in the commons
4.)Openchatters who haven't heard of how to speak in text chat mode to their text chat friends
5.) "The Singing Mandrake Root Quest" a myth spell quest, which annoys as well as amuses me
6.) Some particularly needy friends who feel they need to beg for help every 5 seconds
7.) My need to scream "The sky is falling!" whenever I go to Azteca
8.) The inability to know what my wizard's voice sounds like
I guess that's all for now.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 92 myth
"Right now, I am to lazy to write my quote"

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
What annoys me? How overpowered Ice wizards are like OMG 50-100 resistance to EVERYTHING. I don't know, but to me that is way to much.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
master of balance on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
What annoys me? How overpowered Ice wizards are like OMG 50-100 resistance to EVERYTHING. I don't know, but to me that is way to much.
ever heard of pierced? they do so much stuff to get immune and lose so many important stats for it and then we easily pierce through it with new gear and shadow magic and 50-70 resist that's really no big deal considering every school can get around 90..........................

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
I dont like the beggers asking for them to gift them something

Survivor
Feb 24, 2013
Brandon SoulThief on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
One thing that annoys me the most is that when you really need a spell, it fizzles. Like when I am dying, and then I use satyr, it fizzles!
I agree about that, but I also hate towers and weakness. Especially weakness because my skeletal dragon can hit good with tower on enemy, but not with weakness.

Gavin MythBreaker

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
when i'm up against my opposite school and right when i'm about to beat them with all my blades and traps and a powerful spell...and then they cast a shield against my school, a weakness, or tower shield and your going 2nd

when those enemies that aren't cast vampire or some other drain spell when you almost beat them and they have health that's less than 100

wolf dragonwraith lvl 44

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
critical blizzard on Nov 25, 2013 wrote:
people who think you have to ask before joining a battle MMO get those letters into your head
"MMO" does not mean "license to be inconsiderate."

It also does not mean "everybody in here has to want to play with me how I want to play whenever I want to play."

In fact, quite the opposite. We have customs of courtesy in society -- including online society -- precisely so that people can get along with each other in a respectful way.

Asking before you join a battle is simply showing respect and consideration for people. The more people have to deal with each other, the more we need to learn to be considerate. And even the KI programmers show this courtesy is expected -- they put it on menu-chat!

Thinking you can just jump in whenever and wherever without asking is selfish and inconsiderate. If you want to do that, go find a game you can play by yourself. If you want to play with other people, then learn that you really are with other people, who do not necessarily want to do just what you want to do.

MMO means there are a lot of other people playing besides you. Part of the game, therefore, is to learn how to get along with those other people, and to play in a way in which everybody can have a good time -- not just you.

So people who jump in without asking can be annoying -- especially when they have a selfish attitude, and most especially when they jump in just as you are about to finish a battle, and most very especially when they jump in, get you more enemies, and then flee!