Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Annoys You?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
Azteca. With the constant fights and bosses with 25K health it get annoying really fast. At this point Azteca is a ghost town. Almost nobody quests there anymore. It's really hard and frustrating. I wish all other wizards in or near Azteca goodluck.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
1) Puppets, spammers, and smack talkers in PvP.

2) Dungeons not saving progress (I know that's the point, but it's still annoying)!

3) People who ask for help and go afk in the middle of a battle.

4) People who swear and boss you around.

5) Defeat and collect quests.

6) PvP unfair matching.

7) Getting pulled (sucked into a battle without meaning to).

8) People in the Commons asking "I need a girl/boy."

9) People who beg for crowns and ask for help all the time.

10) Accidentally choosing the wrong spell in a battle.

11) Cheating bosses.

12) Not being able to tell which is the main quest.

13) Not being able to put castles in your Shared Bank.

14) Spells fizzling when you really need them not to.

And I bet I could think of more, but I don't want to make this list too long. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 43 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Thank you for your time.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Survivor
Oct 26, 2011
ok what really annoys me is is my fizzleing. I am awizard and i have the lowest accuracy
But when i fight those darn storm bosses i always fizzle and they hardly ever fizzle and makes me have a rage quit. I get so mad i throw my pillows all over my room because of that. in case you wondering i use my laptop. i also hate when they use weakness i just scream in my pillows. luckly my mom didn't hear me because she wold of told me to turn off my laptop, but i do not want that because i want to continue on my wiz.

level 38 wizard Luke SkyWalker

P.S. That is my real wizard name. Not lieing

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
Shannon Skybreaker on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
In the game, what annoys you the most? I'd really like to hear your responses.
~Shannon Skybreaker
Beggers
Harassment (bullying)
Rude people
people who say that your going to get banned, hacked, etc.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
~Shannon Skybreaker
I hate when you backpack is full and Mr.Lincoln has to tell you every time

~Grace DaisyHeart lvl 51

Survivor
Feb 11, 2013
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Ice and fire dorks in AZ suddenly discover they can cast the dual shields. Guess what? The storm one is buried behind the other one (Yes! In both cases!) and you get to waste three power pips to shatter them off. OH JOY thanks guys. As if ice weren't bad enough with tower, stun, lord of winter. Now i gotta put FIRE ELF in my deck like a noob so I can dig down to the storm shield and pierce it off.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
It annoys me that it is very difficult to get Training Points, you need to get a TON of exp, or run around the spiral looking for these artifacts or things. Ugh, so difficult and annoying!

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
recently i have had a bunch of friends that i added for helping me
ask me for help. So i assume its a boss or something or monsters
of the same schoool as them taking for ever to kill.

I port and its regular yellow monsters or red elites, things i killed a thousand
times over for simple quests. I look at the persons level and notice they are level
40 in celestia when they should be in dragonspyre. I am not doing your quest for
you just because you came here early and can not hold your own against
a common quest you picked up to kill common creatures that i had to kill a hundred
times over. If it was a boss or elite monsters the same school as you and you where
the appropriate level for the zone it would be a different story.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Suri Blueflame on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:

I port and its regular yellow monsters or red elites, things i killed a thousand
times over for simple quests. I look at the persons level and notice they are level
40 in celestia when they should be in dragonspyre. I am not doing your quest for
a common quest you picked up to kill common creatures that i had to kill a hundred
times over. If it was a boss or elite monsters the same school as you and you where
Ok now we need a Rant section....

First off your right this is why when that happens I delete them .... I try to keep my friends list to a level no more no less then 3 levels ....

It would be funny if Kings Isle found a way to stop that .... People being in places that they don't belong ....
but until then it won't stop people always find loop holes around every thing ....

Thanks For Reading ....

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
My issue is I like to help friends. They call on me for help, and it's the same idea as what you posted (though at lower levels - I'm a lvl 34 Necromancer). The problem is that when I'm going to start a boss fight and know I will need help they don't return the favor. Or they ask for me to gift them. Nope, sorry. Not gonna happen. Removed. It's those little things.....

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

And this is exactly what we have asked KI to block...no porting to world you have not gained access to by questing. I have found level 20-somethings in Celestia. yeah, cause they can quest here. I really wish they would do something about this, it's totally out of hand.

Survivor
May 08, 2012
I don't know what your complaining about. When I was about level 45 , a level 66 asked me to help him fight some regular enemies.

Squire
Jul 18, 2010
I know I know. Totally hate it when people pick up side quests when they are not the appropriate lvl and they ask me to basically do it for them. I just say something like "the world is too hard for you I think you should level up it will be easier" or "I can't just do it for you" ... OH NO! That reminds me of a little story that happened to me in the grotto .... May be a bit off topic but I'm itching to share

Once upon a time...

Another grueling defeat and collect quest in the grotto was given to Vanessa Earthblossom . She had to defeat ice crabs and collect algae from them. I found two people battling them, I joined and helped out. They were and . Storm killed them while I healed and attack sometimes while the ice didn't attack at all. Pass and shield. Pass and shield. I thought he forgot his prisms so I didn't really find it fishy . After that battle, had to leave. I successfully collected everything I needed. Ready to turn in. The asked me to help him I said of course sure why not. BUT (dramatic music) he clearly stated he couldn't attack. Why? No mana? NO!! He said if u didn't attack ur more likely to get the item from defeat and collect quests. Vanessa hesitated .... Why should vanessa help this guy if all he was Gonna do was pass and make her take on 3 hard ice crabs all by herself while he gained credit? Attacks aren't strong thought Vanessa. She was about to say no when he seemed very desperate. Vanessa pushed herself and agreed to help.

20 minutes later...

Vanessa got frozen and fried and was defeated. Boo hoo! ! Luckily she had to go so the player didn't beg her to try again and use treasure cards. No way was she gonna spend gold for those treasure cards so a player she has never met before could easily get a item for a defeat and collect quest!!!!!

~The Epic End~

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
This is a never ending problem with noobs , or wizards that haven't unlocked the areas/worlds , that go to these worlds and try to level up with all the side quests and dungeons, although i do not believe that the wizards should be blocked from these areas, I think there should be some quest restrictions. When you've gotten to that level, area and quest, they can do them, but now when they haven't unlocked them, I understand your frustration.. just stop helping them if they're not questing in their own reach, tell them what's up.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

We have recently come across this problem also. Altho the people have been the correct level for the area it's just barely and one wants help with his entire quest line so we can't get any of our quests done which are several behind because we do sides also. It looks like they snag many people along the way and cycle though their list of them to get help though the game.

Level 48 in Celestia, unless you play the game well is to rough so even mob fights they need help in. I don't mind repeating some quests over again but when it becomes all the ones you will be getting eventually it's a bit much.

Clearly they don't understand how to pace the game out so they are not from A to Z in the spiral and trying to get help with every quest a long the way and with out the level experience it makes it almost impossible to do anything alone.

Sadly we will end up removing them from our list due to the vast difference in how we play the game.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
percy119 on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
I don't know what your complaining about. When I was about level 45 , a level 66 asked me to help him fight some regular enemies.
Right on, I remember my first pass though CL with my Life wizard, I was in a very difficult for me solo battle and my little lvl 40 fire friend joined to chat. Her one meteor shower was the final hit I needed to complete that quest which I was on my 3rd attempt with. One boss and two minions was rough and my first time facing that type of battle.

When I joined the game there were a lot of kids, being a patience person I just put up with what ever they did or didn't do and never seen a problem with it, it was part of the game for me. By the time I finished CL most all were done with the game and moved on anyway.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011

Your post reminds me of the Tartarus dungeon. Low level wizards (usually I see people lower than level 60) stand outside and ask others with two person mounts to take them in. The other wizards end up getting hammered while the low level just shields themselves, not even bothering to shield somebody else .

Survivor
Jan 12, 2011
~Shannon Skybreaker
fizzele's battels boss battels fizzels fizzels and fizzels

Mastermind
Jan 27, 2010
When you cast a spell in a win or lose situation and it fizzles

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
The post above this one/and elemental haters/spiritals that blame all the hate on the elementals.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Drop rates for A&O ring and Felled Titan

Been farming this for about 20 hours a week every week since release, and now I have enough Merle's Whiskers to weave a grand Persian carpet, but no ring or athame.

And the gladiator's cheats are about eleventy orders of magnitude more pernicious, annoying, and un-fun than the wild and crazy Cronus traps flying around everywhere.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Unwanted duels, enemies casting Weakness, fizzles, going through enemy after enemy and still not collecting the items I need. People who join duels and THEN ask if they can join.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2011
Level limits annoy me. There is very little point to running quests for level 90 wizards, the experience points are lost.