Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Annoys You?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 25, 2012
wizardrokz on Mar 28, 2013 wrote:
Here is my list

1. Cheating Bosses who won't stop cheating.....and killing... and never dieing.....
2. People who ask for help way to often
3. You don't see your menu chat friend teleport as your about to leave your house, you come back, and it's filled with about 100 menu chatters. And there are two people with open chat, but they are rude
4. Really mean people

-Angela DragonStone
The wizard that rokz
i hate when that happens

dustin batlewraith stop saying my level i level to much for now level 70

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
"Sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity "- A snippet of a famous quote from Dr. Martin Luthor King, Jr.
It is pretty much the root of all social problems in game and outside.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
This original message has been removed.
Omg, that is so hilarious, yes!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
Malt22 on Apr 19, 2013 wrote:
Omg, that is so hilarious, yes!
wait what

Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
people fleeing battles

long long dungeons that are impossible to solo and no group finding mechanic

pet training is just wow...

the i need boy i need girl people in wc and the beggers

henchman randomly healing the wrong people (people with full health while i am almost dead)

having to run around to do a quest and trying to avoid mobs you don't need to kill because you know the battle will add 10 minutes or more onto your quest (there should be an invisibility cloak or something you can don in place of a mount

did not collect item quests, the battles take long enough as it is

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
Percy373 on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
HMM.....
1. Defeat and Collect Quest...Seriously ain't nobody got time for that (Sorry I just had to do it lol)
2. Weakness
3. Death Ninja pig spell (*Glares with hatred*)
4. Over powered Ice wiards
5. Hot shot prometheans
6. Little kids playing the game
7. Pvp ranking..
8 Text Chat
9. People who join a battle andleave
10. People who join a battle when they have ike one health
11. Every other worlds besides Avalon
12. Crowns
13. The moderators of this game
14. Lagging
15. Crafting
16. Gear Drops
17. Annoying parents who play this game and are like "Don't say that"
18. Report spammers
19. Two faced friends who never nelp
20. Friend beggers
21. Long Dungeons
22. Dungeon Hoppers
23. Long Battles
24. Ice mobs
25. The fact that you no longer can get a spell if your the appropriate level
26. How Cheesy the NPC people are
Meh my study hall just ended. So yeah thats pretty much it so far.....
1. i hate collect quests. and someone had to go there, lol.
2. same with weakness-spamming.
3. death ninja pigs is my most-hated spell in-game, after weakness.

4. i know only one "overpowered" ice wizard; and she's kind of amazing. *pokes quequeg*

5. while i have 2 promethean wizards and am pretty awesome (von awesome), i'm certainly not above helping out the little guys. a lot of high-level wizards forget that we all started off as noobs in wizard city, and being level 90 does not make me better than anyone else... being me does, though (lol).

6. uh, hate to break it to you, but this is a family game. while i don't have kids, the little ones have every right to enjoy the game as much as i do... as long as they promise to be my minions when they're old enough. *evil laugh*

7. pvp is lamesauce.

8. the chat filters are in place for a reason and von does not like people who abuse the system. violators will receive a cookie and a power nova to the face, plus a visit from my army of evil face-eating kittens.

9 and 10, whatevs. i won't cover your backside, but i will give you a one-way trip back to the commons (and ignore-land).

11. avalon is one of my favourites, too. go ahead and destroy marley, mooshu, and celestia. but dragonspyre is mine and you *will* leave it alone. kthanksbye.

12. i hate when crowns are required for quest prog. or when they give a player considerable leverage over someone who doesn't have them. otherwise, they're just... there.

13. the mods are just doing their jobs. if you've done nothing to break the rules, you won't have to worry about them, so leave them alone, k?

14. lag is annoying, so make sure your 'pooter and interwebs meet the requirements.

15. i *hate* crafting too.

16. relying on dumb luck still beats having to pay crowns for the good stuff.

17. once again, this is a family game; those parents are only trying to keep their little ones safe.

as i mentioned, i have no kids. but some of my friends do play with their families, and i respect that they want to keep the spiral safe.

18. based on your other dislikes listed in this post, i'm going to assume that you're someone who curses around the filters and doesn't like being sanctioned for it. while i am not a mod and don't belong to any player movements, i fully support everything such groups do to keep the game clean.

19 and 20. beggars, spammers, and two-faced "friends" are no friends of mine (it's not you, really~ it's me who doesn't want to be friends).

21-24. to say i hate these things wouldn't be fair... you see, hate is a special kind of love we give to things that make us throw up a little.

25. if you have completed all the required quests, you won't have this problem.

26. you just insulted my undead boy-friend; things just got personal.
...now, where did i put those face-eating kittens?

-v.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
top 5. 5.beggers 4.constent fizzleing 3.80% resist 2.noobs who jump in battle then chicken out and flee leaving me with more work (thank god there's meteor strike tempest .ect) 1.being pulled from a SIDEWALK into combat.
just ugh...

Survivor
Mar 12, 2013
People that run around asking for someone to gift them. Buy a clue people! No one does those things!

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
HMM.....
1. Defeat and Collect Quest...Seriously ain't nobody got time for that (Sorry I just had to do it lol)
2. Weakness
5. Hot shot prometheans
7. Pvp ranking..
8 Text Chat
12. Crowns
14. Lagging
15. Crafting
16. Gear Drops
18. Report spammers
20. Friend beggers
21. Long Dungeons
22. Dungeon Hoppers
23. Long Battles
24. Ice mobs
gosh, what DO you like about the game...why do you play? LOL
this IS a game for kids...and I think it is awesome that some parents play...it is a great way to have quality time and fun together.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
A major issue that annoys me and I think can be improved on:

1. Difficulty in acquiring gold

The Problem: I really love to decorate my house so I essentially "pack rat" any rare items I see in the bazaar, the downside to this is that it drains my gold rather quickly. I do attempt to "fix" this issue by farming 2 of the bosses in Wintertusk , however this can get boring really quickly.

A Solution: Make gear drops more common, they don't have to be rare or valuable, just simply more common. Value I would associate with the level area your in of course, like in Marleybone an enemy could drop maybe two or three items worth 100 or 200 gold each fight.

I will post more as they come to mind.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Adding to my list today after lots of fun having to redo ironworks ...and looking oh so forward to redoing the last half of Mooshu

--People who enter big ben with you and then ditch during a boss battle

--Getting disconnected from server while on the last boss in Shirataki Temple (soloing because your mates did not respond to your request for help, or are afk in the last boss' area) and then reconnecting to find out you've been defeated and back in Jade Palace. (Oh well I was losing anyway)

--Pet aficionados who offer to hatch their pedigree 60+ crown pet with your pedigree 60+ crown pet, and when you start to train the offspring, you get a smorgasbord of surprise garbage abilities that are NOWHERE in that pet's parents' first generation genomes.

--Pet training in general. It is an awful, unfun, and brain-sapping chore in most cases. Unless you just have piles of crowns and don't care what you get you just want it for looks. (See above)

--Dorm gardening

--Buddies who drag you from boss to boss in their own quests so you can help them, but if you ask them for moral support going into a chain of D & C battles, they have other things to do - oh and they are several instances ahead of where you are, so you get zero credit for helping them through these dungeons.

--Not getting the ironworks stray cat and having to do the ironworks again, alone, because you missed it; and none of your friends wants to redo it

--pvp in general, it's an arms race to the bottom in my opinion.

--Buddies who allow their younger siblings to use their accounts, join your battles, waste your traps, flee, etc. If I wanted this I would cast a minion.

--Good friends and good players who only have a month subscription and then it expires

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Turning a spell I spent a training point to learn into a treasure card annoys me. How about a training point refund for those of us who trained reshuffle?

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
beggars, defeat and collect quests, cheating bosses, and people that flee in the middle of battles
-Keira breeze, lvl 74 balance

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
--Having the local transformer station get zapped by lightning while you are in Pagoda after waiting for 45 minutes for the dozen or so players the owner invited to decide which teams will go in

--Getting your power back after #1 and finding out your plants are all dead

--Players with big wallets who lecture you on what clothes you should buy and their crown gear is not as good as your boss drop gear and their pedigree 63 crown pet is still a baby

--Dungeon pad hoppers and people who won't listen, in general

--Quest buddies who refuse to be added to a group, and then when you finish a battle and have to go report to an NPC, they have already done it and moved on to the next battle and nag you to port to them right away while you're still going back to talk to the NPC yourself. Usually happens after you've tanked most of the damage, and had to go refill mana and health in the commons, and they skip ahead.

--Players who tell you when to use your attacks, as though you are a human howitzer for them to aim at enemies. This is a big problem for storm because non-storm players don't do the math in their heads before yelling at you to tempest, or to wait another turn. Likewise players who scold you for casting storm minion because they don't want to wait the extra two or three turns it takes to stabilize the match. (these are also likely the guys who have only pixies and no sprites)

NPCs who lead you into mortal danger and then say "good luck, see ya on the other side of that gauntlet". Not only that, but to reach them again to report progress, you have to run another gauntlet of steroid-charged monsters with giant invisible hitboxes that overlap sidewalks. Hi Marla Stinger, this is about you.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2012
Brandon SoulThief on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
One thing that annoys me the most is that when you really need a spell, it fizzles. Like when I am dying, and then I use satyr, it fizzles!
I agree with you, and when people see you with crown gear, but they only friend you to beg for you to gift them a pack, really annoying

-Michael fire breaker level 90

"climb the ladder, or else scoot out the way so that others that put in the effort can get to the top" self quote

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Shannon Skybreaker on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
In the game, what annoys you the most? I'd really like to hear your responses.
~Shannon Skybreaker
The number one thing that annoys me is school of balance, after that its accidently skipping/losing quest, and finally training pets and not getting what you were hoping for.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2013
~Shannon Skybreaker
Well... I don't mean to complain... but...

1. People that join your battle, sass at you and FLEE.

2. The bazaar's LOADING process.

3. Beggers. "Can you gift me?" "Does anyone have any tc I can have?" "Can someone gift me some crowns?"...etc

4. Collecting quests.

5. People who bail on me in Waterworks.

6. People who bring menu chats to my house... Oh how I hate chasing them around the house and sending them...

There's probably much more I just can't think of at the moment.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
~Shannon Skybreaker
ok these are the things that annoy me the most
being called " child" and "young wizard"

when several people join my battle and I only need to defeat two of the monsters I am defeating

emergency sounding script during quests

the hall of ice ( I have to do it again and I have to do it again sometime)

having to go to the same person at almost every quest

noobs

weakness spell ( everyone has it)

gold houses don't have any secrets

you usually don't collect the things that you need on defeat and collect quests

ice bosses ( hey I'm ice! chose fire or something)

my life spells always fizzle

how hard it is to lvl up

seeing noobs dorms

people with menu chat that want to be my friend

people that want me to gift them (they keep on wanting to add me once I delete them)

people that say help! help! ah only got fourth health left port!

people in the commons that say " need a girl\boy"

boy\girl friends that break up with you

people that want to get reported etc.

Brittany rose lvl 43 ice

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
bionaknight on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
Well, going up against Ice wizards in PvP, for one. I still need a better strategy to fight them with.

Out of the game, it's probably people complaining about schools being overpowered instead of formulating a new plan to beat them with.
I'm an ice wizard LOL

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
1. Spells that Fizzle
2. Low xp and gold
3. Doing loooonnnng quest that barely give you anything.
4. People asking to gift
5. When your membership runs out, and you were about to level up...
6. Long dungeons, and then your mom asks you to eat dinner...at the table.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
Note: this is not in order of how much it annoys me (if it was, Mega Ra would be at the top)

1) collection quests
2) people asking for a boy/girl friend
3) clicking something in the bazaar and even though the quantity says it's 1 or more, it's sold out
4) weakness
5) weakness
6) weakness
7) did I say weakness? especially when I'm on my balance wizard and they use weakness against me....bye bye traps and blades
8) when pets interrupt battles right before I'm about to use an awesome spell
9) earthquake right after I just put on a blade
10) Mega Ra *shudder* (Beloq [how you spell his name?])
11) Mega Meteor Strike *yikes*
12) people asking me for crowns and then cursing at me when I don't have any or will refuse to gift them
13) ^^ cursing around the filter

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
What annoys me? I have a list...

. when my spells pop up and I do not have enough pips for anything and I am forced to pass
. when I cannot buy something with gold in the crown shop
. dungeons
. boats ( It's a long story)
. fizzling
. houses being really expensive
. Fire enemies ( I am a fire wizard and most of my spells are really weak on them)

On the other hand, I love it when my opponent turns out to be ice.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
People who extort gifts from little kids before letting them play Pagoda. I saw a level 90 balance doing this yesterday. He spammed chat with "gift me" and took one or two much lower wizards into Pagoda with him. (one of them was a friend of mine who came to me afterwards almost in tears because of what happened next.)

Along the way, he would let them take horrendous amounts of damage and then continue applying pressure on them to gift him things so he "would teach them how to not be a noob".

He said awful things about their gear, their spells, telling them they messed things up, and when they were sufficiently demoralized, he would finish off the enemies with a crit nova or ra and then say "okay well there's something I need..." and then blatantly asked them to gift him a crown pet "with healing". All this time, his pet Judgment was spriting him between every round and he had the nerve to ask that.

I was thoroughly disgusted with this behaviour and it should be instantly reportable, but it's mostly their word against his, and there's no rule against gifting someone a pack just for asking.

I've no doubt this guy's superior crowns gear and mount and pet were probably the net result of this extortion scheme. He's abusing his position of experience and the whole concept of Pagoda as a means of intimidating and conning players under pressure of abandonment and defeat inside with the large bosses.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
Oh, I got a lot of them. xD

Beggars,
Fizzling weakness in pvp (I have a 6 accuracy boost, come on -.-),
Jade gear ,
Level ones with commander robe and design hat and boots, (You can tell you think they are "all that", and I hate people like that.)
When I am about to kill my opponent in pvp, I fizzle, then they heal.
Jade gear
Jade gear
Jade gear.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
HMM.....
2. Weakness
5. Hot shot prometheans
7. Pvp ranking..
8 Text Chat
12. Crowns
14. Lagging
15. Crafting
16. Gear Drops
18. Report spammers
20. Friend beggers
21. Long Dungeons
22. Dungeon Hoppers
23. Long Battles
24. Ice mobs
1. Good point, no one likes them.
2. Please move weakness to #1
3. Death ninja pigs need to go find some other worlds in the spiral that I can't go to yet!
4. Don't go back into the OP thing.. my Ice Warlord happens to get beaten. His record is something like 70W-40L
5. Hot shot prometheans? Well I can't call myself that seeing my highest level is 88
6. The game is made for little kids to, don't hate
7. PvP ranking is fun. Its more fun now than before just so you know
8. Moderated chat, while a great concept, is annoying
9. Ugh these people go away please
10. EDIT: people who say "I need healing!" in menu chat
11. Why you hatin on Mooshu and Zafaria?
12. Correction: beggars who ask for crowns
13. Moderates rock, don't stop KI ban them trolls!
14. LOL lagging is awful
15. Eh crafting.. no issue.. work for your gear
16. Gear drops need to be improved
17. I don't run into them much
18. How about any kinda spammers..that bolt spammer that ruined my record I'm looking at you!
19. LOL I am sometimes one of those
20. Ugh NO, it is not possible for me to give you straight up crowns!
21. Waterworks, Mirror, Xibalba. I remember when Waterworks was challenging..
22. Don't port to me!
23. ..when you can't find heals?
24. Stop tower shielding right as I attack!
25. ??? What?
26. How about the NPCs that tell you to go get stuff for them that is sitting across the room? Ain't nobody got time for dat! (yes I went there to)