Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Annoys You?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 17, 2012
Shannon Skybreaker on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
In the game, what annoys you the most? I'd really like to hear your responses.
~Shannon Skybreaker
lots of stuff. Beggars, mana burn, weakness, tower shield, warlords, people who are lower level than me and call me a noob, spending weeks training a pet and finally when they level up you get a bad talent, people who spam stuff in pvp, the bazaar not having a reagent I need, and finally anti-climactic worlds like khrysalis .

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
o-oh you want to know what annoys me in this game? I'll tell you. 1. i hate it when you do a dungeon but when your at the final boss if you die and the boss is dead and you flee and come back you dont get credit. 2. i hate it when you need to get rare regants but they made it so you can transmute, wait there are some super rare regants that you can't transmute! like amber or vine and branded vine or merals beard. 3.cheating bosses. 4.when you need to collect stuff from a enemy and you dont collect it! though i have a solution to that it still annoys me. 5. i've done tartarus over thirty times and i still dont have the helmet. 6. when it can't connect to the server 7. cheap spells like three headed thing it attacks three times! and hydra it also attacks three times! levy oh levy it takes away two of your blades siren! it attacks all and takes two of your blades and puts a minus accuracy earthquake it attacks all and takes away all of your blades and shields! efreet it puts a minus ninety damage on!

Survivor
May 16, 2014
The most annoying thing to me is the ways to get coins. It's so hard for starter wizards to get coins and I spend all my energy on fishing just to get some wings or some furniture. I really would love it if the was another way to get coins. But this is no thing I cannot look over. happy Halloween!

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Zafaria, belloq boss.
Okay first off, unless you're fire then this boss should be pretty much as any other Zafarian boss.

Okay so the boss looks easy enough yes? Well you're in for a surprise because if you DON'T damage him every single round then the following round he will cast a 0 pip RA that does a base damage of 1500.

So Basically if you heal, RA. If you Fizzle. RA. if you blade. RA. if you shield. RA if you get stunned (Oh yes, they stun you.) RA.

Huge tip: Fire Elf (TC). The Damage over time counts as being hit so you have a few rounds to blade and what not.

Wolf ThunderFlame, lvl 75

Survivor
Feb 03, 2014
1. Fishing: I hate it. I almost never catch fish. On the birthday, I fished for 2 hours looking for the birthday fish, and didn't catch a single fish: with a major fishing elixir on for an hour!
2.Quests where you just have to talk to people. It was pretty annoying to have to talk to people who are right next to each other (like in the library), or people who are on the other side of the street or other side of the world. The messenger coming from to the gobbler kingdom was a bit of a break.
3. Repetitiveness.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2014
edward452 on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:
Zafaria, belloq boss.
Okay first off, unless you're fire then this boss should be pretty much as any other Zafarian boss.

Okay so the boss looks easy enough yes? Well you're in for a surprise because if you DON'T damage him every single round then the following round he will cast a 0 pip RA that does a base damage of 1500.

So Basically if you heal, RA. If you Fizzle. RA. if you blade. RA. if you shield. RA if you get stunned (Oh yes, they stun you.) RA.

Huge tip: Fire Elf (TC). The Damage over time counts as being hit so you have a few rounds to blade and what not.

Wolf ThunderFlame, lvl 75
Yeah, good point...

Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
~Shannon Skybreaker
Getting into fights you don't want to be in (especially in Marleybone)
People fleeing mid-battle
Losing tons of times battling a boss
People trying to trade you things you have (even when you put yours in the trading boxes where they can see it)
I love W101 though! It is such a fun game!

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
Survivor
Sep 29, 2013
~Shannon Skybreaker
Fizzles. Whenever i cast a good spell it fizzles and i have always passed a bunch of turns to work up the pips, and there is only one in my deck at the moment, it fizzles. Hands down, what annoys me most is fizzles.

JadeSonga#AllisonJadeSong

Defender
May 17, 2014
RottenHeart on Mar 27, 2013 wrote:
The bazaar buy/sell screen format. It seems like a small issue, but if you consider the number of times you go to the bazaar the annoyance factor adds up. If you were to multiply that annoyance factor across all gamers it would be gigantic.

It's time for KI to update the bazaar buy/sell screen format.

Issues
1. The wait time for all the items for a category to load. To make it somewhat better why isn't the 'usable' checkbox checked by default?

2. While a category is loading you can't switch item tabs. You must wait for the list to complete loading.

3. When looking through the available items for sale the item stats overlap the list of stuff you are trying to look through. It's a visual mash of overlapping stuff. It gets really bad when you are looking at higher leveled stuff with lots of associated stats.

4. When quickly looking through the available items for sale the stats for your equipped item and the selected item jumps around the screen and also flips left/right. Makes quick comparison shopping difficult.

Overall the bazaar buy/sell screens implementation is very sloppy looking and annoying for regular shoppers. The format was probably ok when the game only went as far as Dragonspyre, but the game has far outgrown this. Time for a revamp.
I totally agree! I'm sick of coming to the bazaar and waiting five minutes for one page to load! (Not really 5 Minutes but lol)

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
sparklez13222 on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
i hate efreet
Are you kidding efreet is gonna be awesome when i get it.

Noah Ravenspear, lvl 45 Pyromancer

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
What really annoys me is that transmute scrap iron is for only INITATE crafters only.... and 32 scrap iron is how much you have to get before you become one, quest from Felicia Worthington. Scrap iron is the 2nd most rarest reagent in Wizard101. I can't believe they do that its really annoying. And there is NO vendors for scrap metal except BAZZAR, but it RARELY sells it. The only way to get scrap iron the easiest way is to go to Marleybone and farm for it, but you have to switch realms with takes 1 minute and it takes a LONG time to find and get any.

I can't believe it.

-Devin SkullStone level 64

Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
Graphics. if you could just update the graphics the slightest bit it would make all the difference.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Defiantly when you get a quest that says Defeat and collect 10 shards And then there drop rate is terrible it is like 1 over 50 chance it will drop the thing you need

Defender
Jul 17, 2014
I hate i when you get sucked into battle. And I have one more quest in Kropotopia and it's a quest if you log out you lose all your progress and I did ALL the instructions to open this one door and the door STILL won't open!!!

Defender
Jul 17, 2014
I have lately been buying alot of things for my new castle (That p.s. It hasn't arrived yet. I need more crowns.) So I fill my backpack up and soon I have to get rid of things. I put most of my things in my storage space in my equipped house but I soon run out of space there. So then I have to move things to my bank and then my bank runs out of space. I don't have a shared bank either. This is blah!!

Defender
Jul 17, 2014
DevinSkullStone on Nov 2, 2014 wrote:
What really annoys me is that transmute scrap iron is for only INITATE crafters only.... and 32 scrap iron is how much you have to get before you become one, quest from Felicia Worthington. Scrap iron is the 2nd most rarest reagent in Wizard101. I can't believe they do that its really annoying. And there is NO vendors for scrap metal except BAZZAR, but it RARELY sells it. The only way to get scrap iron the easiest way is to go to Marleybone and farm for it, but you have to switch realms with takes 1 minute and it takes a LONG time to find and get any.

I can't believe it.

-Devin SkullStone level 64
OMG!! scrap iron is the second rarest reagent in wizard101?!?!?!? I had a piece of scrap iron and I sold it to he guy at the bazaar for like 32 coins.

Sabrina WinterbladeICE level 23

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
I dislike how the spiral cup dungeon is only for friends only. It hinders the rating for the guest that is really excited about doing it then finding a team just to find out you must be friends with owner to play. I dislike the under treatment we receive. I have been a loyal consumer and active player since 2008 but made another account in 2009 and still no discounts. I dislike farming morganthe for about a year now and spending over ten dollars worth of crowns on her chest to get my storm amulet just to come up empty handed. I dislike begging for K I to create a marlybone theme base car that fits four passengers and still no response. pretty much all of the above is what annoys me but other then that THIS GAME ROCKS!

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Victoria Flame on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
I think everyone can relate... when you're typing mid-sentence and had just entered battle or was caught in one and once you're in, it stops your sentence and makes menu pop up
I'm very glad you mentioned that, because I can fully agree with you on that. Thank you for letting me know that I'm not the only one who experiences this problem. I wonder if KI could fix it.

~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Oct 31, 2014
Here's my list:
1.fizzles
2.pet training
3.trying to level up when a free player
4.getting into battle when you don't want to battle
5.unfair matches when ranked pvping
6.defeat&drop quests
7.getting pulled into battle when checking your spellbook
8.beggers
9.rude wizards
10.wizards saying:anyone want to go out with me?

Dainel Willow Horn lvl 11 wizard

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
halloweeenisfun1 on Nov 16, 2014 wrote:
Here's my list:
1.fizzles
2.pet training
3.trying to level up when a free player
4.getting into battle when you don't want to battle
5.unfair matches when ranked pvping
6.defeat&drop quests
7.getting pulled into battle when checking your spellbook
8.beggers
9.rude wizards
10.wizards saying:anyone want to go out with me?

Dainel Willow Horn lvl 11 wizard
i agree with every thing on that list!

Explorer
Apr 05, 2013
when i spend all my time trying to to the defeat and collect quests, but get nothing

Survivor
Aug 10, 2013
Fizzles
Cyrus Drake
Villains that can heal
Pretty much anyone in pigswik
Cyrus Drake
The fact that it takes forever to leval up your pets
Places that need crowns
Any villain who says something along the lines of, "I am so much better than you"
Did I mention Cyrus Drake

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Most annoying part of the game is having spells in your deck that you fought hard to get that serve little purpose if any at all....like many of the polymorphs, taunt, detonate, power play, etc.. There is almost always a better spell to use in nearly every single situation.