Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Annoys You?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2013
This has only happened once but it really annoyed me:
I asked someone for help and she said "Sure, just give me a moment!" I waited almost thirty minutes before checking her on my friend list. She wasn't on the online part. So instead of searching through my offline friends, I click on her name in the chat box thing. She had unfriended me! I was furious.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
Want a list?
1. Big, BIG one: earth spamming. (i'm storm so i don't care about weakness)
2.This one's even bigger: wasting 3 hours and not getting what i want.
3. Shield spamming.
4. Low level friends porting to me ever 5 seconds.
5.Standing in the bazaar for 30 minutes, reloading the reagents page, one reagent keeps popping up, nobody buys it. *Goes to buy it* "Sorry, this item has already sold". 030 Whyyyy....
6. People saying they'll help my low level wizard........ for a price.
7. Low level friends bugging me about giving them tc.
8. (this one isn't as bad anymore) Single collect quests. enough said.
9. People demanding that i help them always (i'd be fine with asking, but not demanding).
10. People acting like they're better than me, when, really, they aren't.
11. PVP people making fun of me because i have a low level (horrible matching system + lots of hackers + LOTS of fizzles = very low score in pvp), when they fail to realize that their gear can't help them outside of pvp.
12. People who say storm is too overpowered and should be nerfed (ooooh, that really annoys me).
13. Biggest one ever: wasting hundreds of thousands of gold just to have my luck turn me around with pets.
14. People who insist on porting to you nonstop and tell you to turn your ports on constantly, and when you ignore them they spam you with friendfinders, so that you finally remove them.
15. Trolls. You aren't funny, really, you just sicken me.
Much more, but i ran out of characters.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
1) People who think they are the master of everything and are unbeatable. Bragging from anyone is something I solely hate.

2) People who ask for assistance every other hour. Okay, here's the thing. A lot of people get mad about other's "not helping them". When you get to upper levels and start juggling friends, quests and PvP, we don't have all the time in the world for you. Not only that, but I mean, come on, if it's that difficult for every single area maybe you should either level up, change your deck, or use different gear.

3) People who beg. Do not beg. We won't give you mounts if you are a random level 7 who wants a mount. We also don't care if you didn't get the mount in the pack we just gave you. Please, lay off.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2013
Me? Mostly the total noobs that continue to send friends requests to people over and over after they decline them. Once is enough.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
The most annoying thing in my opinion is how higher level pvp is ruing now. Now all people do is spam and critical you litterally don't have to have skill at all anymore to win you just gotta go first and spam. Wish there wasn't all this critical stuff now kinda ruined my pvp experience to be honest . Anyone else agree?

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Spells? Earthquake
PvP? People that don't know how to lose
Just regularly? Beggers.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
That some schools do an insane amount of damage compared to others, >. But then again life has an advantage with healing.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Survivor
May 19, 2011
NZScruffy on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
Things that annoy me:

LOVE this game! :) (And I've been here only a few months). So things that disappoint me here REALLY annoy me. When a game you love is corupted it's a personal thing.

Player getting around restrictions to Harass, and Cuss others.

ARG! Storyline quests to Defeat Creature for Item, when the drop rate is about 1%.. -- The most unimaginative and lame addition to the game. (Forcing players to grind is a last resort short term strategy for a gamecreator focused on money).

Running to the next quest location and accidentaly getting into battle with Creatures and forgetting to change your deck to fight them. Then having to flee combat, and run Allll the way back again. ARG!

Players constantly sending friend requests and begging you for stuff and help without even trying for themselves. (Yes, I understand their are many young kids in the game, and that's what kids do. Still, it's annoying).

I like the cheating bosses, they are a challenge!
... But Creatures casting random pointless/useless spells annoys me!

- The 'intelligence' of all enemies needs improving. Everything just casts random spells from what they have. Even the slightest amount of Artificial Intelligence in Creature combat would make combat more difficult and more fun. (Without having to resort to HUGE Life, starting with 6 pips, Cheating).
EG - If partner creature isn't Fire school, don't cast a FireBlade on them, cast it on yourself.
- Cast Healing spell on partner creature who ISNT on max life.

Lack of Fun Cosmetic items/effects in crown shop, and amount of game unbalancing items in crown shop!

I wish the Crown shop sold more Cosmetic things and less game advantage things. The games main attraction is the creative world and amazing visuals. More crown items aimed at improving your own style/look, mount, home, maybe even spell effect would be awsome!
If KI was to improve the IQ of the creatures we fight then we would just have a harder time killing them and they would have an easier time killing us while devising strategies. For example, the balance bees with 5,000 health in moon cliffs, what if you cast a blade or trap, they would probably cast a spell that would weaken you like power nova or put up their defenses like using spirit or elemental shield. Sure they are easier to kill when they have low IQ, but if they were to be made more intelligent, the game would become a bit more challenging and KI would get posts from players saying that the game is too hard and stuff like that. Enemies becoming smart in this game is the last thing I want, but i have to love the cheating bosses though, they just give me a thrill to kill them even more.

Brian ShadowBlade Level 99

Survivor
May 19, 2011
What annoys me the most is lagging and disconnection. I mean really, what kind of service is this for the people who pay hard earned money to progress through this game and about every 5 minutes, the game just disconnects you like that and I would know cause the servers have been doing that with me all day. If they aren't going to take this thing seriously then why bother. They are just there disconnecting people time and time again and the game is still lagging. Some people might just get annoyed by this and just stop playing the game or move on to a different game. KI can get more people to play this game if the servers were not disconnecting people every 5 - 10 minutes.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
Older kids picking on the younger kids. I mean come on people we're supposed to be role models for these kids, come up to the plate to do that role. Sophia Goldenleaf, Ice

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
What annoys me is:
1. People who use your traps when you ask them nicely not to
2. When you ask someone to hatch a pet with you and they never answer
3. When someone uses Earthquake on your traps
4. People who join a duel and then flee on purpose
5. When you tell someone you don't have text chat but they still keep typing
Luis Goldengem lvl 96 wizard

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
when youre at the bazzar and youre trying to buy something and they keep selling out everytime a new stock comes in

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
The List OF That What Annoys Me.
1) When A Fire Enemy Casts a Efreet and i get 90- Negative Weakness.
2) 1-35 Level Wizards that Teleport to me every half hour
3) 3rd I hate is that, when i almost done in a fight.. and somebody random joins the battle..
4) I think 4 is more annoying, when i can't write this fast and i need to go to sleep... plus you read this text. bya!

Survivor
May 14, 2013
The most Annoying thing by far is multiple Fizzing, Three damage spells fizz then the only heal spell I have does as well.

I am getting to the point of quitting this game. It really is that annoying( gets me angry so I know this is a game I will be leaving behind).

Survivor
Jun 16, 2014
Pvping life wizards and death and storm

Marleybone

People talking in commons

Ice Wizards period

Colossal Boulevard

Haunted Cave

Grizzelhelm not getting enough experience

The garden spells

Pink Dandelions

Prospector Zeke....

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
The Loremaster ticks me off and some of the quests in DS don't give enough xp for what they're asking me to do.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
The lack of ability to solo all mobs especially at levels 50+.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2011
weakness and efreet do get annoying but if you have a different school wand its pretty easy to get rid of, but bosses that cheat like really...

also I think there should be more than one bazaar or maybe one close to it maybe one in every world? it would be convenient.

I wish crafting was also easier sometimes you just need a hint to where things are

I also think that if someone joins your fight and leaves that the extra minion should go away its just not fair

pvp is just ridiculous I gave up on that

commons annoys me with just everyone sitting there complaining go buy the membership its five-10 bucks

hope y'all agree!

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Jade gear
Defeat and Collect quests
Farming
Beggars
Jade gear

Isaac Lionheart, level 77 storm wizard.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
I hate the fact that the chance of getting something like a wand from this pack i so low, and they expect me to keep spending money on a wand i will most likely never obtain.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
Occasionally we all accidentally get too close to an existing battle and get dragged in when we're just trying to pass by. Unless you're a menu chatter, have the courtesy to apologize and explain that it wasn't deliberate. Those of you who do it deliberately, do you honestly not realize that it's rude to deliberately jump in without asking? I'm sure we've all been in the position of being one spell away from finishing a battle, only to have another wizard or wizards jump in deliberately, drawing in additional enemies to defeat. Speaking from experience, it's very frustrating.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2014
I really like this game and have been playing online games for 12 years now. The only thing that annoys me is the disconnect due to inactivity. In all my twelve years of playing online games, this is the only one that does it. The worst part of it is, I can be afk for 7 minutes and get disconnected but I can also can be afk for one hour and come back and still be connected. It is unstable. It really needs to be done away with altogether.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2012
Many things annoy me in the game, but i'm not saying I don't the game because of them. It's just the game would be better without these things. A lot better.

Weaknesses and Tower Shields. Just these two things annoy me so much when they are casted just before I go for the kill and ends up saving them by a slight margin.

The chances of the enemy going first. I'd just like to say that this is just ridiculously annoying. So far i'm up to DS with me Storm and 75% of ALL the battles i was in with a enemy mob was them going first. It may just seem like something minor but to me it's gamebreaking.

Beggars and people who keep asking for a Boy or a Girl in the Commons. First off I hate when I just finish a world and go off to the Bazaar to sell all the loot i got from it and having to go through the Commons and see that one message pop up in my face "Can someone gift me a ...." I just hate it. I always message these people that no one gifts a stranger and to stop wasting their time you wasting chat space, and then they reply with a rude comment or "Yes they do, it's called be generous" Ugh. And those relationship seekers. This goes really to those seeking or in a relationship via Wizard101. It's a game! Stop trying to act like this is real life. This is a kid friendly game not a M rated one. The last thing we need is to have a young kid with text chat and seeing to people going up to each other and saying I love you or x k is x. It's annoying and a waste of your time.

That's my list. Phew, so much rage went into that. Sorry for anyone who saw this bad side of me.

Your Friendly Neighborhood
Astrologist

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Shannon Skybreaker on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
In the game, what annoys you the most? I'd really like to hear your responses.
~Shannon Skybreaker
collect quests weakness spamming mobs and how you can only have 6 character slots when there is 7 schools