Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Annoys You?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 01, 2013
well here is a list of what annoys me

1)Cyrus Drake
2)fizzles
3)people who stand in commons asking for stuff that is in the crown shop
4)people who flee when there is no good reason to flee
5)false reporters
6)places that are "free" but you have to do something to get into them
7)people in pvp who think they are better than you
8) when i'm in pagoda and my connection fails
9)penny dreadful
10)the girl in colossus blvd. [i can't remember her name]
11) the guy in Triton ave [can't remember his name either]
12)the dude in cyclops lane that is stuck up [once again can't remember his name ether. that's because i avoid him]

those last 4 were AI's

and that is what annoys me

Dustin skull thorn lvl 15

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
low levels joining my side during the rare times i pvp.

and thats all i can think of for now lol

Jun 08, 2013
something that annoys me is spamming because i have six warlords its easy to get over it but it really annoying
lvl 20 s tyler strong finder overlord
lvl 20 reed shield overlord

lvl 95 luke dreamhaven first in leader

:P

Survivor
May 22, 2012
1. Having the xp bar at like 1 xp, and then not feeling motivated enough afterwards
2. The bosses in Grizzelheim. Good gravy.
3. Any boss who can heal themselves. Not. fair.
4. Storm spells and their fizzling rate. I mean, I'm dying here. Please let me kill this boss.
5. Those people who feel the need to go around and friend everyone.
6. RUNNING. (there needs to be a spell to teleport to everywhere)
7. 2 vs. 1 fights.
8. Ice. Just in general.
9. -25% spells right before casting a rank 3 0r 4 spell. annoying.
10. PvP. just my opinion.
Overall, though, I love wizard101

Survivor
Aug 27, 2012
1: Weaknesses
2:Fizzles
3:People begging for help
4:Trying to get a spell from loremaster and not getting it repeatedly
5:Mutes
6:People asking for you to gift them over and over
7:People won't stop asking you to port
8:Cheating bosses
9:Dying at the last minute and someone else kills the boss (So you don't get credit)
10:People joining in your house arena even though you don't want them too
11:Tower shields
12:When people join your battle and flee right away
13:When all your stuff gets full and it starts trashing your things
14:How you have to wait a full 60 seconds before changing realms again
15:Earthquake
16:Mutes asking me: "Please be my friend" like a million times
17:People won't leave you alone
18:When you are in your house arena and people are walking all over the arena
19:How the mount that i always wanted retired
20:People asking you weird questions like: "Is it snowing?" or "Can my friend port to you?"
21:People being rude
22:People sending you away for no reason
And lastly, 23: If you have a multi-player mount people won't stop trying to add you to their group

Zachary Nightdust
Level 78

Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
When I have 20+ quests and I can't ever keep track of them all

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
1. At lower levels.. fizzleing.
2. At higher levels.. People complaining about fizzleing when their is gear available to prevent fizzleing.
3. High level people who take 40 turns(exaggerating) to kill Mobs... Attack already, good grief.
4. People who put 200 cards in their spell deck and then complain that the right spell won't come up.
5. People who complain about buying crowns.
6. People who complain about the Loremaster even though she is an awesome boss that gives great rewards every fight and occasionally a great spell that you get forever.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Everyone on this thread. You're taking up bandwidth whining about the same things. That's annoying.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Death Pigs Weakness
Tower Shield
Earthquake, Myth Imp
Farming items in quests from mobs
No match making system for dungeons when you are alone
No auction clothes that are not even for my school, or is weaker than my gear already
Stuns are only 1 or 2 pips
Quests that build up in my book, please put in a remove quest thing so you can do the quest later.
Stitching costs crowns, raise it to like 100000 gold or something
Waterworks gear doesn't look boss
No free promotions during holidays.
No bonuses for members, like maybe 1 crown per day every time you play [ARGUABLE]
Treant mount is meant for the high wealth people. 15,000 Crowns!!!
Everyone using guardians outfit
People calling you "noobs" when you are certainly not a noob.
People who keep on saying " i need someone" "hey can you let me port to "x,y,z" " i need crown stuff"

Creating stuff from crafting tables takes to long be able to craft again.

Cameron Lifespear lvl 79
Noah Firemancer lvl 46
Cameron Stormspear lvl 26

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
Tower Shield and weakness, pets that give lame talents after weeks of hard work and determination, and
most of all, Celestia.

~Luke NightTalon lvl 63

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
valdushawkflame on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
Everyone on this thread. You're taking up bandwidth whining about the same things. That's annoying.
I was waiting for someone to say that, but you're completely right. Most of it is about what people do/say on the game anyways so why do they complain when they could actually do something to fix it? The world may never know.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
Shannon Skybreaker on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
In the game, what annoys you the most? I'd really like to hear your responses.
~Shannon Skybreaker
oh man their are some pretty annoying things..... well I hate the beggers in the commons that ask for you to gift them its so annoying! second definitely weakness I think it should be banned so ALL mobs cannot use it on you.

Adam OgerGlade lvl 41

Matthew LegendBlade lvl 29

Sloan lvl 4

Matthew DragonBlade lvl 9

Survivor
May 12, 2013
wizard508million on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
beggers
good choce

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
valdushawkflame on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
When creating this, I had a feeling that this would come up. I made this so Wizards could inform KingsIsle about what they dislike and would like to have changed. If it was only open for rants, I'd place this in the Ravenwood Commons section. I really do hope that the amazing workers of KingsIsle will take some of these complaints into mind and do something about it, so the game becomes more enjoyable for all!
Best of luck!

~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
Things that annoy me are foul language users that cant control there mouth, waterworks has bosses with ridiculus health like the squid, and the final dude. Another thing that annoys me are lvl 20s teleporting to you in a place like Zafaria, and mess up yer battles. I also get annoyed by people who use you by asking for help at 24-7. Last but not least, I am extremely annoyed by people who go around being rude to lower levels, and calling them noobs. They could have a max level wiz and have created another wizard.

thats all.

Zachary Darkhammer, lvl 61

Zachary Stormblade lvl 26

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
dustin skullthorn on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
well here is a list of what annoys me

1)Cyrus Drake
2)fizzles
3)people who stand in commons asking for stuff that is in the crown shop
4)people who flee when there is no good reason to flee
5)false reporters
6)places that are "free" but you have to do something to get into them
7)people in pvp who think they are better than you
8) when i'm in pagoda and my connection fails
9)penny dreadful
10)the girl in colossus blvd. [i can't remember her name]
11) the guy in Triton ave [can't remember his name either]
12)the dude in cyclops lane that is stuck up [once again can't remember his name ether. that's because i avoid him]

those last 4 were AI's

and that is what annoys me

Dustin skull thorn lvl 15
I thought Penny Dreadful was cute.
Nolan Stormgate
Duncan Something
Mindy Pixiecrown

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
All bosses with over 20k health and the ability to cheat

Survivor
May 30, 2013
When I'm at my house and people keep asking to play my tag and food fight games.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2014
  1. Two words: Myth. Mobs. With Earthquake they can stun you for, not one but two turns and break your blades. It's even worse when you're a Life/Death player, when you have a weakness to them. Even when you have Storm magic, it's accuracy rate is untrustworthy. If you're a Life/Death solo player, you might as well just throw in the towel.
  2. 3 vs 1 and 4 vs 1 battles. It's hard enough fighting a 2 vs 1 battle. Don't bring more enemies into the mix.
  3. Everybody on PvP who brags. There's a difference between being proud and bragging. Stop.
  4. Having a million quests at once. Do not want.
That's just about everything I can think of.

- Fiona GriffinGrove Level 17 Student

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
Shannon Skybreaker on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
I agree with you. However, what bothers me more is that "noob" refers to cheaters or, in a very basic term, trolls. The term that should be used is "newb", meaning an innocent beginner. I, too, believe it is very wrong to attempt to humiliate another because they are of a lower level. This can also sometimes lead to bullying, which is a dreadful result.
I do hope that others will read this, and help to stop some of these problems. Thank you.

~Shannon Skybreaker
You can report people who use the word noob as a way to insult people, i too think it is wrong to use the word noob to offend people. Everyone was once a noob. So people who make fun of lower levels need to remember that they were once that lvl.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
FinnAgainWindrider on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
That is not what I said. I think it is inconsiderate for people to behave in an inconsiderate way in the game. There are ways to play the game that show respect and consideration for other people. There are also ways to play that do not show respect and consideration for people.

Look, if you were outside in real life in a park, and you saw people playing soccer, and you wanted to play, would you just run into the middle of their game and start kicking the ball without asking? Or if you saw a basketball game and wanted to play, would you run in, take the ball, and start shooting hoops without asking? Or if you saw people playing tennis, and you wanted to play, would you just run into the middle of a tennis match and start hitting the ball in front of the other players? Or if you saw two people playing a chess match, would you walk up and just start moving the chess pieces without asking?

Most games are multiplayer, and most games also have codes of conduct and ways of interaction that are acceptable, and others that are not acceptable. You keep telling me to go play on a console, but that statement is exactly backwards. If you don't want to respect the other people who play, they why do you want to play with them? In fact, the only games where it is socially acceptable for you to act without asking or communicating with others, are games you play by yourself.

What makes you think Wizard101 is different, just because it is online? If you want to play with me, I would be glad for your company and I would be glad to play with you also -- as long as you respect me and my friends as people and respect the MULTIplayer dimension of the game. I suspect that all of us who complain about people just jumping in, have played many times with others, and have friends that we like to play with, and have even made those friends exactly by having strangers join our battles. I know I have. I like having other friendly and helpful people to play the game with. But I don't like it when people treat me as an afterthought or a minion to their game.

So if you really want to give a reasonable response to these posts, instead of just asserting that people get the letters "MMO" in their heads, you really need to explain why the social norms of consideration and courtesy do not apply here in this multiplayer game, but they do in all other games that involve multiple players.
The difference is that this is a video game that deals with working together.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Zachary DarkHammer on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
You can report people who use the word noob as a way to insult people, i too think it is wrong to use the word noob to offend people. Everyone was once a noob. So people who make fun of lower levels need to remember that they were once that lvl.
No you can't. The word "noob" is not reportable. And "noob" does not mean you are new to the game... It's derogatory and mean.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
What annoys me A LOT is No Auction items. For example, I battled Apollo Bright One and he gave me a Myth school only hat. It had insane stats but I couldn't use it so I tried to sell it only to find that it is a No Auction item. What am I supposed to do with it, I can't use it! Anyways, if it is your school or just a furniture item then that is fine but anything else annoys me.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2011
This is what annoys me the most
Me: *Has a set deck of cards, knowing the exact strategy I will use to fight street mobs*
Random person: Ports/walks in
Me: Oh good I don't have to fight alone
*Random street mob joins, now there are three*
Random person: *Leaves*
Me: Dies in a fight against three mobs :/

Seriously, can't they at least help?

There's a lot more things I could list, might post them later.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2011