Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Annoys You?

AuthorMessage
Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
FinnAgainWindrider on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
*sigh*

No one is forcing anyone by saying they would like you to ask first. Asking is exactly the opposite of forcing. On the other hand, jumping in without asking is forcing yourself into the other person's play. Asking gives people a chance to choose whether an extra player would be helpful or not. Jumping takes that choice away.

And you still have not answered my questions: Would you jump into a game in progress in real life without asking? Do you really think people would find that acceptable? Why do you think it should be different here?
because this is wizard101 not hopscotch

Survivor
Mar 11, 2011
14
what annoys me is when a pro calls a low level guy a noob and when your in a long dungon your high level friend leaves and calls you a noob

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
critical blizzard on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
because this is wizard101 not hopscotch
Well, that still does not answer why you think people don't need to be considerate in wizards101. But I can see I will never get a straight, thoughtful answer, and this has gone on long enough. So I give up.

Shannon Skybreaker, thanks for the thread, and for your very thoughtful comments. Sorry if I hijacked the thread a bit. I guess that can be annoying too!

Defender
May 05, 2010
107
I'm not exactly annoyed to rock-bottom with the game, but the logic of this game, ugh, it sometimes gets too annoying.
Let me bring one up, when you're about to go in the Pyramid of mother moon, a shadow weaver pops up out of nowhere and brings up these kelp-things on the stairway, and the quest line guides you to another path, I mean seriously, why couldn't you swim over it, or use your basic magic staff/wand spell to cut through it? Or, up until Khrysalis, every NPC, desperate to be saved, does almost NOTHING to help you succeed, isn't that helpful?
Wolf D.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
FinnAgainWindrider on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
Well, that still does not answer why you think people don't need to be considerate in wizards101. But I can see I will never get a straight, thoughtful answer, and this has gone on long enough. So I give up.

Shannon Skybreaker, thanks for the thread, and for your very thoughtful comments. Sorry if I hijacked the thread a bit. I guess that can be annoying too!
well even in game consoles someone has the option to plug a controller into the console press start and join in now before you start arguing against that it's just a simple example of the difference between sports and video games and my straight answer it is not being rude to play a game your paying for and if you have a problem with that take it up with kingsisle not us.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
45
I'm having a hard time bringing myself to go to the Shirataki Temple oyster. I don't want to have to go through that whole dungeon again just to get to it! Sometimes I wish I would have remembered to look for it on my first way through.

-Kelsey Spritecatcher, level 52 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
25
The logic in critical and block. Whoever thought of it didn't think too hard... just saying.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
139
skull98oo on Nov 24, 2013 wrote:
when a pet heals in pvp every time i attack
and warlords that dance before the match like they already know they will win

Survivor
Oct 19, 2013
6
Everyone says that Life doesnt have anoth attack spells. I used to aggre then i started eith my urgist and i seems to be easy, i dont add people and ask for help as much as i did with my Lv44 . The fact that theres loads of spells seems to help me in PVP. And so far i have basicaly gone solo in quests. I mean go on youtube and look up "Blazelifehammer" Hes a LV95 Life and hes only got hes friend Blue mainly that helps him. Only as a friend and a Youtube perpose proberly.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
Lightning76543 on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
The logic in critical and block. Whoever thought of it didn't think too hard... just saying.
they thought alot way way way too much it should have been much simpler

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
114
When it takes 2 billions battles to just collect 1 item from a monster. Almost worse than when you're so close to completing a 2 hour dungeon, and then you have to go and just wasted all that time.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
66
Shannon Skybreaker on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
In the game, what annoys you the most? I'd really like to hear your responses.
~Shannon Skybreaker
That Siphon Health does not critical

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
skull98oo on Dec 17, 2013 wrote:
and warlords that dance before the match like they already know they will win
maybe because they see you don't know how to hatch :P

Survivor
May 07, 2011
3
Let's see... losing connection, beggars, people telling me to spam Tempest, immature players who like to argue, someone joining your battle who then pulls in more monsters and then leaves on purpose, a boss who puts a shield on right before you attack, the Myth spell Earthquake, that moment when it takes a million years to collect one item from monsters, the Death bubble Doom & Gloom in PVP, people without grammar, wizards who hate on Storm wizards (Storm and proud!), low level Warlords get on my nerves big time, people who curse around the filters, male players who antagonize me because I'm a female, people who spam, fizzling is VERY annoying, getting defeated, forgetting to equip your pet in a fight, bringing the wrong spell deck for the fight, low levels asking too many questions, people who say my beloved Gold Wyvern mount, Toby (yes I named him), is obtrusive and obnoxious, that moment when you get a bad stats for your otherwise perfect pet, getting stunned... If I keep going we'll be here all day.

-Sydney DragonWhisper Promethean Diviner (95)

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
23
when you're on a high level and just love questing and it's getting easier and easier then bam! a low level person says ''hey will you help me?''

Sincerely Robert Nightwhisper
level 85 wizard

Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
59
After thinking about the problems I've had in the game and things that bug me the most, I'd have to say its the beggars. "Help me" "Plz" "Port to me" "Hurry" "Now" "Gift me" "Take me here" these are SOME of the things I have heard and I can only think, either KI needs to broaden the limited chat so that these players CAN ask politely, or that they are the kids of liberal parents who have no respect and no manners and its just me, me, me. Like I am going to spend $30 dollars or even $10 or more to buy a pack for YOU when I don't even know you! I don't have a lot of money coming in, and in fact, I recently lost the dog walking job I had that I used my weekly pay for month to month play on the game due to weather and the fact that one of said dogs bit me twice. Yeah, you're a kid, I get it. Get out and get yourself a job! Pull weeds, mow lawns, sell lemonade, walk dogs do SOMETHING to get what you want! Have pride in yourself and don't beg! I think one thing KI needs to do for members is here in the account information on the website is to have OPEN TO ALL without a purchase like open chat is, have a profile space entry where you can input that you will not friend anyone who begs for gifts or something like that, and then when they try and friend you, that pops up in your information for them to see. Just do SOMETHING to limit the begging.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
15
The most annoying thing is either a really important spell fizzling, or after you do a battle with noobs, they all want you to be their friend

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
54
Puppylove1021 on Mar 28, 2013 wrote:
Anything simular to a Banshee. I hate their sound.

Jasmine Rainbowdreamer Level 20 Life Wizard
That's my number one worst spell. Along with aura spells. Like a fire elf is hurting you and you only have one health point left along with a trap!

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
357
  • Defeat and Collect Quests
  • Low Level Wizards in High Level Worlds
  • Myth Mobs (Earthquakes, kill me now!)
  • Storm Bosses with more health than Ice Bosses
  • Level 19's asking for help over and over and over and over and over and over and over!
  • Level 50's thinking they can beat me in PvP, and then when I beat them "Oh I let you beat me".
  • People making fun of my No-Resist gear. (Which I don't mind, it gives allot of health, I usually end a battle with 500 health left)
  • Waiting for a friend to confirm if I can port or not.
  • Low Level Wizards (Like 3-15) asking if they can go out with people. (I mean, what the heck! This is a kids game, not a dating website!)

That's all I got!
Nick
"When the battle gets deadly, summon a Death Shield"

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
26
Academy57 on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
the CHEATING and the unbelievable ways that KI thinks up new ways to do it. But it needs to stop. The steroid health that bosses have now is more than enough. Some of them have 3 or 4 times the health of Ice wizards. Geez.

Also the sheer greed. They think of more ways to get into your wallets/purses.

The truth hurts.
I would actually have to say i disagree. Yes cheating can be annoying but it is a challenge and usually its a 4v1 so 4 human players can kill the pc. and the hp i would have to say is ok i mean its a boss. They cannot hit nearly as high as we do. and again it can be a 4v1. I honestly want to say that the higher lvl you are the easier the game. like for some reason bosses and other monsters resistance is not good at all for same type. and they do not shield as much. its like open season each battle. one thing that annoys me though is xp in grizzleheim. SO LOW!!!! and the repeated quests!!!!!! like this is the game in a nutshell. collect this, defeat this.....thats it lol. there should be battles like. you must kill the enemy before they kill so and so. and a pc will be with you helping but you gotta kill before he dies. stuff like that.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2013
25
1.) when noobs join your battle.
2.)Did not collect
3.)long dungeons
4.)gifting
5.)Cursing around filters.
6.)Mooshu and Celestia. Ugh.
Fiona wintergarden

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
16
Shannon Skybreaker on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
In the game, what annoys you the most? I'd really like to hear your responses.
~Shannon Skybreaker
Sunken City, Grubb, and did I mention Sunken City?

Jeremy SkyWalker
Level 33 Pyromancer
Side School Life

Survivor
May 22, 2013
7
Academy57 on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
the CHEATING and the unbelievable ways that KI thinks up new ways to do it. But it needs to stop. The steroid health that bosses have now is more than enough. Some of them have 3 or 4 times the health of Ice wizards. Geez.

Also the sheer greed. They think of more ways to get into your wallets/purses.

The truth hurts.
so true

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
3
When people join my game without asking, usually happens just as I'm about to defeat my enemy and maybe I'm low on health, so then another enemy joins in too....
I wish there was a way in "options" to prevent anyone but friends joining.

I realize most people don't care, but unless someone calls for help, and that person is a solo player, you've really put them at a disadvantage. I myself run around with a very low level deck that only carries a few cards, so that I can rapid fire my deck out, as I want, and set up my traps and blades. As Death, the set up is very important, as I wind up for my Deer Knight and sweep the floor.

When someone then joins and takes my traps and such, like Feint, it really makes me upset, because that is something I take on myself, a trap is put on me as well, and then I'd be hit, but not get to use my set up.

Things like that. But really I suppose that's my only annoyance, I don't really play with anyone but my few friends or play in crowded places, so at least it's rare that it happens.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2012
2
That moment when you're nearly defeated, you try to cast a spell that would totally kill the enemy...and it just FIZZLES.

I hate this so much. Like seriously. the whole battle it could have fizzled and it wouldn't be a big deal, but then it just fizzles when you need it the most lol.