Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Dorms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
mikelittle96 wrote:
I've noticed everyone in wizard city thinks malistare is evil, but at the end when you fight him it seems some what different. His wife died, it seems he just wants all that power to bring her back to life. But apparently he snapped. not everything that happens is because of malistare

true, besides i wouldnt mind fighting by his side sometimes, because i know how he feels when my grandpa great died

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
hamstersrock333 wrote:
I know I just posted, but I keep getting new ideas :) I think that you should be able to change your hairstyle any time you want. I am getting tired of the hair I chose at the beginning of the game! Maybe this could be done at the dye shop for 500 gold. ( if you do make this in the live game, please don't make it cost crowns )
I also think stitching should be available for gold, too. I only want to stitch a few items, but I don't want to have to buy $5 woth of crowns to do that.
Players should also have the ability to send letters to each other. Sometimes I want to get a message to my friend, but they aren't on. It would be nice if they could get my message once they turned on.
Finally, you should be able to tour a house with your friends.

Once I did that with my real friend cause we went in the preview and I went inside and they stayed out and I went out and saw them and we did that with every house so Im not sure whether this is a glitch or not but i hope it helps!

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
shipleyv wrote:
HaroldArgleston wrote:
I'm Harold Argleston. While I'm usually in the Library in Ravenwood, I do like to read what our players post in the Dorms section of the Message Boards. The Dorms are for all your ideas for Wizard101.

You may also know me from the monthly newsletter, where I tell students about books they can read that are appropriate for younger readers, and that resemble areas of Wizard101.

Each section of the message boards is intended for different discussions so make sure you post in the right area.
Ravenwood Commons is for general questions about Wizard101, such as how things work.
Halston's Lab is for technical questions about Wizard101, such as logging in, account questions, glitches and bugs.
The Dorms is for ideas about Wizard101, such as ideas for new pets, spells or anything else your imagination can conjure.
Crafting is for questions and answers about Crafting.
Pets is for questions and answers about the Pet Pavilion and raising and hatching your pets.
Player vs Player is for questions and answers about the Arena, and Player vs Player combat.
Wizard City is for questions about your adventures in Wizard City.
Grizzleheim is for questions about your adventures in Grizzleheim.
Krokotopia is for questions about your adventures in Krokotopia.
Marleybone is for questions about your adventures in Marleybone.
MooShu is for questions about your adventures in MooShu.
Dragonspyre is for questions about your adventures in Dragonspyre.

Remember to read the Code of Conduct before you post, which can be found here:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/codeofconduct

Knowledge is power.

We REALLY need a way to report bad activity by multiple payers who you can not ID since they have the friend feature blocked. Yesterday, several of us were having to battle the Gurtok Demon for 3 hours because some kids using the character names Ethan Shadowhubter and Robert Deathcaster decided they owned the realm (Unicorn) and that we needed to all go elsewhere. So, they got on the battle and began to heal the demon etc. If we had some sort of live monitor who can be alerted to a realm and area to see whats happening, it would be better. What makes it worse, the kids reported the rest of us as having broke the rules and we got the warning window...NOT FAIR! A simple alert button in the corner, near the compas would alert a monitor to check in that spot/area.

I fully agree with you on that issue, many a time when me and a dear friend have had our fair share of bad dealings with others who either by accident or deliberately joined the fight were foul mouthed, aka funk you and what not to us. the allowed themselves to lose so much life to a monster before healing themselves saying something like this is proof that you dont belong here. So I fully agree that a live monitor is needed one whom can be alerted to any realm/location and takes the calls on a first come first serve basis.

like a numbering system for them/us to know roughly how long it will be before they have that added chance to see whats happening at said location.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I would like to see more PvP games. Like maybe a section for high level vs. multiple lower levels. Perhaps strategy games, or something involving the houses. The houses are nice, but not very useful or fun after a few days.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
johnjohnhawk5 wrote:
i think that insted of being sucked right into battles. you should be able to just choose if you want to fight them. and you get a message that tells you you have to fight them to get somewhere.if its a fight for a quest or to get to a boss. i cant stand being pulled into battles

I just (paid for a subscription and) entered Krokotopia for the first time ever, and now, being the silly I am, I'm terrified to stay in the newly-acquired world, due to the fact that the sidewalks are no longer safe, and I'm CONSTANTLY being pulled (forced, really) into battles, leaving me nearly unable to win a very important duel when I FINALLY reach my questination (quest + destination, d'you like it?).

Yes, I know about the wisps, and I use them when I can, but now it's at least three times more dangerous to collect wisps since I entered sidewalk-less Krokotopia.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
heronin wrote:
Hi I was Just thinking it would be cool if we could interact with are housing items Like if we could sit on a sofa or light a fireplace even grab a tomato out of the bowl or eat a slice of cake also if we could jump on/over things i find myself wanting to jump over fences in wizard city alot i have also tried to jump in the fountain at my house to get in the water lol i think it would make it easier to get realy into the game without getting bored. also if are pets/mounts could grow in size that would be pretty cool. if there were more leisure places in the game that would be cool too like a place you could go to hangout with other wizards or something. I would love too see any of these ideas added to the game. :) :-) :D

i agree. i do that alot to.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
A level 50+ doubled blade staff much like the wolves of Grissleheim use. They casting magic animation would be carried over from the staffs and instead of having a level 0 attack spell like the swords, have it cost how ever many pips you have much like animate or heck hound with the damage of 120 per pip of which ever school's element the weapon is.

The attack animation it's self would be a melee style similar to that of the swords level 0 spells.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
Hello, i recenty was doing Karanahn Palace helping a young player to finish before he had to go to school. I had lost track of where he was for a second and ported to him and when i did by sheer accident wound up in a room i had not seen before. The Room was located in the center of the Palace and had 4 cage walls, 4 Lever Switches, 8 Braziers and only 2 ways out. One was a windowed door the other was a Sliding Wall similar to the walls you see scatttered throughout the Palace and neither of which I could exit from. I used the levers and got all the caged walls to open but one. Later I looked up some posts and was able to return to the Room ( after completing the Palace again) with 3 more friends and again was unable to figure out the solution to the Walled room. Several ideas came to mind including using markers and porting. QUESTIONS:1. Has anyone been able to solve this? and If so 2. what is the solution? 3.And if not is this an unfinished area? Thank you for your attention to this puzzling delima.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
MeNmyArrow wrote:
Hello, i recenty was doing Karanahn Palace helping a young player to finish before he had to go to school. I had lost track of where he was for a second and ported to him and when i did by sheer accident wound up in a room i had not seen before. The Room was located in the center of the Palace and had 4 cage walls, 4 Lever Switches, 8 Braziers and only 2 ways out. One was a windowed door the other was a Sliding Wall similar to the walls you see scatttered throughout the Palace and neither of which I could exit from. I used the levers and got all the caged walls to open but one. Later I looked up some posts and was able to return to the Room ( after completing the Palace again) with 3 more friends and again was unable to figure out the solution to the Walled room. Several ideas came to mind including using markers and porting. QUESTIONS:1. Has anyone been able to solve this? and If so 2. what is the solution? 3.And if not is this an unfinished area? Thank you for your attention to this puzzling delima.

this should probably be in a post in the krokotopia sub forum, but, how do you get the other doors open? i can kill all the bosses and get those doors opened, but, i can never figure out the other three locked doors.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
I think that wizards should be able to use magic outside of duels! I mean, it's fun to duel, but don't wizards do stuff like levetation, or walking through walls? This seems to be more wizardy and will have more variety!

I like pie!,
BD

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
i think you should put battling area's in houses in a new type of room it will ether cost crowns or gold to play each battle you could ether battle a creature like a boss, or something like pvp but you dont earn anyhing :?

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
I have an idea and I would really like you to consider it, please: when someone has to get up to do something and walk away from the game and the message comes up to tell you, you are disconnected because of inactivity, you should have the OPTION to quit or not. All you have right now is to quit. Please make it an option.

Thank you.
Rowan Windwhisper Level 50 Balance
Cheryl Fireheart Level 44 Fire

I would appreciate a response if you decide to do this :D 8) :? :P

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
I totally agree with getting 2 choose if u get sucked in2 a battle or not :-) :-)

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
monsterconster101 wrote:
i think that crowns should only be charged to non-members only and members pay gold only
:x i agree. i hate having to be a level 33 wizard and not be able to get powerful items. its just not fair. i would see a pet that i really like but cant have or a piece of very powerful clothing and cant have it. if you guys agree, look for me, im Samantha Spellbreaker, level 33 fire student and add me to your friends list or to your group. i hope this idea is looked at and would become a wizard 101 rule that you must be a subscribing wizard to just pay with gold and i hope they would make all items cheap. like 500 gold. :D

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
what about fusion and evolution spells? fusion spells are cards that can only be used if you have two things: a new card called fuse, and the right cards. an example would be cerberus. to get him, use the fuse spell and merge three heck hounds, or one heck hound and an orthus. the result of a fusion spell is a creature that deals damage equal the damage of the spells used combined.

and evolution spell is a card that collects experiance over time. once it gains enough, the spell can be taken the professor of the school the spell belongs to, who can then upgrade it to the next stage. each stage requires double the pips of the prvious stage, but they tend to be stronger than non evolution spells of the same level.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
I have started a thread on wizard101central about some meaningful changes that I think would benefit wizard101 players, specifically those who have acquired the title of Grandmaster Wizard. If you would be so kind as to visit my post and look at some of my suggestons, I would be much obliged. Here is the link, click on it if you please:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108753&highlight=

I thank you for your kind attention.

Logan Frost
Grandmaster Conjurer and Necromancer
Journeyman Sorcerer

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:
I have started a thread on wizard101central about some meaningful changes that I think would benefit wizard101 players, specifically those who have acquired the title of Grandmaster Wizard. If you would be so kind as to visit my post and look at some of my suggestons, I would be much obliged. Here is the link, click on it if you please:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108753&highlight=

I thank you for your kind attention.

Logan Frost
Grandmaster Conjurer and Necromancer
Journeyman Sorcerer

I like your ideas about being able to train your pet in combat rather than just pet games. Also, i don't know about hybrid attack, but, for example. If you have a death oni, instead of getting a helephant card that death can't use effectively, get a death oni card that does the same attack but uses death instead of fire for the attack.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Thank you for your feedback. Yeah I don't understand why a frost lord is doing a death attack. Maybe they could like automatically give a 0 pip mutate spell card so you'd mutate the wraith into frost lord or archfiend, etc., if they can't come up with new ideas for spells. Most of the spells are essentially the same, for example, fire bat, vampire bat or lightening elf and fire elf.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
I was reading some older postings that some players had suggested making the housing more interactive. I would like to know if this is something that might come into effect in the future. It would make the game much more interesting if when you invited your friends over there could be something to do.

I wanted to buy one of the houses but hesitated because for my money I think it should offer some interactive features. Kinda like the Sims but it do not have to be that detailed.
I am a older player and have enjoyed this game I am now at level 44 in Dragonspyre.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Welll I don't like the idea of not getting sucked into battles because then people would just run around carefree. The monsters are there for right If u don't want to get sucked into battles stay on the sidewalk. :P

Survivor
May 06, 2010
Hi i have a few ideas for the game.
One of them is that if you are riding a mount and have a pet i think they should sit on it with you or at least follow it if the pet flys eg.Piggle,Dragon instead of dissapearing.

And i think you should be able to use furniture like sleep in you bed or sit on the couch and drink tea ect.

I think there should be a place for leisure like a tavern or something like a cafe where you could hang out with other wizards and play a minigame like dueling deigo where you could fight each other.

well i hope these a read
PS. id would love it if you replied :D

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
I use wizard101 on my mac book pro and it works good except for it freezes a lot! :( if Kingsisle made a verin for mac i wold love it so the way i got it on my mac was you downlode parellels decktop so it works ok but wizard101 shold make one for mac! :x

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
I think the balance spell nova should be stronger. It is very weak in comparison to the level 48 spells of the other schools. I always get stomped in pvp since balance has to use power ups to do any kind of damage. The hydra spell is very weak when you consider how many pips are required to use it. :(

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
Mate, they took out lvl 60 and celestia already, it is more of a challenge and you get new spells and schools! :)

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Ithink that wizard 101 has to have potions that will only let you go into battles if you want to.