Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Dorms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
I don't want to go through the same hard and strenuous battle just to get good gear, this is already an unnecessarily prolonged game. If i get rare gear or a spell, then it should be for my school. Now let me show you a picture of what this can look like

I fight a boss, i get the usual rewards and i didn't get the gear or spell i wanted that's fine, but every time i fight this same boss, the chances of getting something for my school or rare is increased and if i get anything rare or above it should be for my school only, i feel like the reason it is the way it is, is so people will buy crowns and packs to get the gear they wanted. I have been playing this game since i was 10 (i'm 19) and i still barely get the gear for my school and because of they way this game has been in the non-favor of the players, a lot of people don't want to play it anymore. It's too inconvenient to play now and you guys won best computer game in like '07 i think but i think it can happen again if we listen to the players dealing with core problems, update the graphics like the ones you use in the commercial (the one that looks like you tried 3D) and make this game logical. once that happens, people will storm in, money will rise due to increased traffic and everyone wins.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
Hello, I am a huge wizard101 fan and have been since I began playing it back in late 2008 and there is only one thing that I hope to see sometime in the games future and that is a renaming feature. The reason I hope to see this is because of the fact there is such a huge amount of content (which is a very good thing) but for players who created wizards with names they do not like anymore, They have to either just deal with it or start completely over which can sometimes be a huge burden. But other than that, I love the game and keep up the good works.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2014
You should be able to read everyone's messages regardless of whether or not you have open chat.
I cant stand saying something to someone just to get "..." and not know what they said
when you can see the message, you may not be able to say specifically what you want, but at LEAST you can respond accordingly

Survivor
Jan 19, 2018
Survivor
Jul 16, 2011
Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I've been thinking about Anubis for our level 125 balance spell because we have Ra as our level 80 balance spell. I was thinking it would be cool. The spell would cost 8 pips and 2 shadow pips and it's a spread. The intro would be a full moon in Krokotopia in the oasis with fog. Suddenly Anubis walks in with glowing blue eyes with an ankh in one hand and a balance symbol in another. He uses the balance symbol to create a beam that hits the target.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
Dear KI I think that it would be a Grandiose Idea to put in a pet nursery where you can hold up to 150 pets I always find myself bursting with items from boss pet drops and breeding pets. I know storing them into my bank or putting them in my house is just extra space that I could be using for more essential items this pet nursery should be located at the pet pavilion where everyone can use. It would be a nice way to give back to our nice friendly and particular pets a some what vacation home where it would take you into an instance that only you can go into store pets. Maybe even decorate the place to make it more homely pets should have different emotions on how they feel for example if you decorate the nursery on what the pet like it will feel happy and more likely to use its talents in battles and pet derby so if it feels sad bored curious or even seldom the nursery would take care of its needs.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
Idea: It would be cool if there was a deposit all button in the bank/shared bank for materials. I like to keep all my Mats in one place so all my characters can use them. It would be great to hit deposit all instead of one by one

Survivor
Feb 07, 2014
Along those same lines, it is sometimes a hassle to harvest each plant by clicking each one individually.
This is especially true if you have your crops growing in closely clumped groups to maximize the use of your gardening spells.

My suggestion is a new button that you can press to harvest all your crops at once.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
anyone out there have there badge yet for farming 4000 undead yet? my thought on farming 4000 undead is to not only get the badge but gift a wizard maybe 2000 - 4000 arena tickets for incentive to do it. at the same time it will help those starting the game to have help in those areas that have the undead like dragonspyre, mooshu, unicorn way, ect. I have 6 wizards but only one will complete all the badges because otherwise it's way too much work. I've been on wizards101 for over 7 years and it looks like I might be able to attain a mount that costs 10000 arena tickets in about another 5- 10 years. :( and I don't do pvp.the wait time takes too long to battle someone and people are nasty at times.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2011
In reality, free to play games make the most money. Look at games like fortnite and league. Fortnite is dying but it was FTP. League is the biggest game in the world. It's been up for 8 years or more and it still is the most popular game in the world. Even though league sells skins for profit, and W101 doesnt have that luxury, Kingsisle can still make adjustments to make the game free but also profitable. However, another issue is that in games I've mentioned earlier, there is no end game unless you are virtually #1 on the server so. I'm not sure what a good solution is but I feel like the issue with Wizard goes beyond it being pay to win. The updates are just too slow and theres no goal to aim for after you basically get lvl 120 unless you want to Pvp or garden or craft. I'm sure people would pay for it (since it's not dead after 10 years), but it's just not intriguing enough to be a game people play everyday if they already "beat the game".

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Tre110 on Jul 17, 2018 wrote:
I don't want to go through the same hard and strenuous battle just to get good gear, this is already an unnecessarily prolonged game. If i get rare gear or a spell, then it should be for my school. Now let me show you a picture of what this can look like

I fight a boss, i get the usual rewards and i didn't get the gear or spell i wanted that's fine, but every time i fight this same boss, the chances of getting something for my school or rare is increased and if i get anything rare or above it should be for my school only, i feel like the reason it is the way it is, is so people will buy crowns and packs to get the gear they wanted. I have been playing this game since i was 10 (i'm 19) and i still barely get the gear for my school and because of they way this game has been in the non-favor of the players, a lot of people don't want to play it anymore. It's too inconvenient to play now and you guys won best computer game in like '07 i think but i think it can happen again if we listen to the players dealing with core problems, update the graphics like the ones you use in the commercial (the one that looks like you tried 3D) and make this game logical. once that happens, people will storm in, money will rise due to increased traffic and everyone wins.
I totally agree with you and I think a lot of gaming companies forget that about their first, true and loyal customers and the fact that they can also bring in MORE people as well. I feel like, if they take some suggestions, and not just 1 or 2 but a good number of suggestions, that are doable ( and I know most of the suggests people ask for or are needed in this game are doable) if they fix this game up with a small overhaul and new suggestions implemented, they would not only bring in more money, but the new crowd they are trying to get AND keep their old fans or have them come back. And since most of us started around the time the game was created, I made my account back in '08 when it come out, we're all adults or old enough to afford our accounts and don't have to play the free versions or beg our parents to pay for us xD

I also think they make everything super expensive because they aren't bringing in the revenue that they used to. And if that's the case...My ideas seem to be the road to the light. Don't worry if you take my suggestions, I don't want any recognition for it lol xD I'm good. I just want a great game to play.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
1 - What is really sad here is that the last post was many years ago meaning there isn't a KI rep keeping this page up. Someone should be simply because without the players Wizard would be dead. 2 - If anyone does bother reading this, I don't tweet & the last time I sent an email to KI to report a game glitch I found it was ignored. (still waiting on 2 to be fixed) Bad move KI. Again, without players Wizard would be dead, don't ignore us. 3 - How come we can't put the Apartments into the castle tours? places like Hoods hideout, house Tabbi... 4 - Is there a monstrology list going to be done for Emperia!? 5 - Can someone please make a potion or etc for name chances?! 5 - I have seen 1 round castle piece. Where is the rest of them?! I actually have several Ideas for areas that could easily be used for dungeons or etcs but hey... that would require someone to pay attention.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
YunieBeth on Nov 1, 2018 wrote:
1 - What is really sad here is that the last post was many years ago meaning there isn't a KI rep keeping this page up. Someone should be simply because without the players Wizard would be dead. 2 - If anyone does bother reading this, I don't tweet & the last time I sent an email to KI to report a game glitch I found it was ignored. (still waiting on 2 to be fixed) Bad move KI. Again, without players Wizard would be dead, don't ignore us. 3 - How come we can't put the Apartments into the castle tours? places like Hoods hideout, house Tabbi... 4 - Is there a monstrology list going to be done for Emperia!? 5 - Can someone please make a potion or etc for name chances?! 5 - I have seen 1 round castle piece. Where is the rest of them?! I actually have several Ideas for areas that could easily be used for dungeons or etcs but hey... that would require someone to pay attention.
Sometimes when I read these posts and still look at how this game is 10yrs later, and wonder how it's even still active. Then, it makes me think of those Patreon accounts that ppl make and ask for funds then dont update their work or anything and yet ppl keep being supporters and paying money to non active accounts. I, thankfully, don't do that but buying a subscription here last month and realizing that this game is not that fun after all (I forgot it was a dungeon based game, seeing as I never got a character passed lvl 20 and didn't play alone at the time...) Not so much fun because it gets really frustrating when you can't finish quests without going into a dungeon and the dungeons are difficult alone, super costly with constant henchmen. So it makes me sad to see a game that I really did love back in the day, fail in all types of ways besides ppl still putting money in their pockets.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
I think allowing gifts that you don't want, that have been redeemed from packs, being able to be gifted to other players/friends in the game, especially if they've been wanting a said item for a while, would be a cool addition to the game. I don't know, just an idea I had. Or maybe a separate tag in the bazaar for special crowns items that could be bought/sold for either crowns or gold that is exclusively for individual items in packs (so you can buy a specific item from a pack instead of spending crowns and hoping the item you want drops). ~

Survivor
Aug 05, 2015
Hello i was playing and just now am wondering why (with a membership) my backpack and bank are 150 items max, but the shared bank is only has 100 for the max is there a reason for that? I am just curious.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
Harold Argleston on Jun 10, 2010 wrote:
I'm Harold Argleston. While I'm usually in the Library in Ravenwood Commons, I do like to read what our players post in the Dorms section of the Message Boards. The Dorms are for all your ideas for Wizard101.

Player to player item trading of any kind, and guilds/clans are not and will not be a part of Wizard101. Posts about these subjects will not be approved.

Each section of the message boards is intended for different discussions so make sure you post in the right area.
Ravenwood Commons is for general questions about Wizard101, such as how things work.
Halston's Lab is for technical questions about Wizard101, such as logging in, account questions, glitches and bugs.
The Dorms is for ideas about Wizard101, such as ideas for new pets, spells or anything else your imagination can conjure.
Crafting is for questions and answers about Crafting.
Pets is for questions and answers about the Pet Pavilion and raising and hatching your pets.
Player vs Player is for questions and answers about the Arena, and Player vs Player combat.
Wizard City is for questions about your adventures in Wizard City.
Grizzleheim is for questions about your adventures in Grizzleheim.
Krokotopia is for questions about your adventures in Krokotopia.
Marleybone is for questions about your adventures in Marleybone.
MooShu is for questions about your adventures in MooShu.
Dragonspyre is for questions about your adventures in Dragonspyre.

Remember to read the Code of Conduct before you post, which can be found here:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/codeofconduct

Knowledge is power.
I definitely think that for the time being we should be able to fight the aethyr titan more than once because it's a good fight

Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
Hi;

My idea is about castle,i think most of the people know the school house of the crown shop and probably the school themed items.I think that should be great if we have an evolution of these house.

I'm storm wizard and i was thinking a mix between the storm house and the sunken palace/nimbus citadel could be a great house for something like a storm lord bundle.
Like that:
-Stormy island house
-a cloudy/aquatic mount (40% speed +5% damage -3% resist)
-Lightning god attire (think the nimbus style or the storm titan one)
-Cyclonic lightning/trident
-Spark titan pet (the storm titan as a cute pet no less)/Bubbling titan pet (same but instead of dust tornado a bubble tornado)
-5000 crowns and additional castle elixir

As you see an aquatic style or a stormy sky one( i have a small preference for stormy sky one but if you can't decide make the two i gonna take them anyway

I have some idea for the other school but not so complete
(houses are school house + the place described)
fire: dragonspire /inner athanor ;fire breathe attire;a dragon pet(even if its too classical)
ice: outher athanor ;no name idea but think to the ymir clothe or north mythology extended;hammer god pet
myth: no idea (the acropolis), Olympian deity vestment (with wings in back); a pegasi pet
life:the treetop getaway, Fairy silk suit (my favorite) or Gaia wrath garb;forest elve pet(Dalia falmea in white and green) or mother earth scion pet( the guardian of bartleby roots)
death: no idea (the darkmoor manor);no idea;no idea
balance:maybe something like Egyptian palace;Amon-ré armor of light;sun pet (imagine the sun you see in the sky as a pet)

I let you think about what weapon fit best for these clothes.

Kane GoldenFlamme Storm titan and lord of new celestia