Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Dorms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
Defender
Aug 13, 2010

As I have played the Wizard101 game for almost a month now, I must make a comment on one of my favorite aspects to the game: the pets. The small, adorable creatures that follow you around, play games, and even aid you in battle (if you are lucky!). However, there is something that I would like to bring to the attention of the general public (Or general forum-goers), and that is that many pets happen to be very small. Some are decently-sized, like Manders and the popular Dragon pets. And yet, the sizes of some, such as the Jade Oni and Pale Maiden, are sort of disappointing.

Most pets stand knee-high to their owners, if not shorter. But of course, their owners, us players, are mostly small children to begin with. Stand next to a 'grown up', such as Ambrose, or transform into a larger creature such as a Krokomummy, and you will see just how tiny your pet truly is. And although I could understand why your Pet Stormzilla don't get to be as gigantic as the one you can summon, I don't see too much harm in making the pets grow a little as they advance in age, or just making most of them bigger in general.

I'm sure the concept of larger pets has been considered, at least to an extent (such as in in Abracadoodle #32), and this is just a player's request for the Professors to consider again. I don't know the limitations of the game, but I think it would make the game would be just that much more enjoyable, at least to me.

Basically, my 'idea' is for larger pets. Maybe not from birth, but perhaps they can 'grow' larger as they grow in age. (So an Adult pet would be bigger than a Baby pet of the same species)

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
A save point would be great in dungeons for when someone like me who gets bumped offline due to weather.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
My Idea is for the 7th wizard in our accounts there is a max of 6 but there are 7 schools in the spiral. So why not allow the fianl hracter on to the account it would bring back many of our subscribers who don't really like the character on another account and have them create their new character and use the m through the game. Their position would be as so 6 wizards sitting on the desks and the final wizard standing up ready to adventure. If another wizard is chosen the wizard that was previously standing take the new wizards spot.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
How about a 'fight yourself' dungeon?

You have to fight an exact duplicate of yourself, including the spell deck, crown items, everything. The 'system' controls your copy.

The hard part would be the software for the environment to select the best spells to cast. My character is necromancer, I would load the deck up with Death Blades and Empower with no Death Shield and watch copy beat itself up.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
I think we should be able to cast spells OUTSIDE of battle cool idea huh like if your life like i am you could summon a unicorn to give you a ride and if your fire you could make volcanos errupt and fireballs at people umm ice could freeze people and if your myth you could summon the greek gods to give you infomation if your death you could make your dead friends alive for the battle again but they are death skelentons umm storm could make storms over the commons i got loads more ideas but i got so many because it would fill the entire message board please make these ideas REAL

Survivor
Jan 26, 2010
Paypal should be anouther means of payment and for each paypal transaction,for crowns or membership fee , you should get a random pet, and when you pay for membership fees , with paypal 70,000 crowns should automatically come with each membership renewal. as a custumer appreciation. Also peoples accounts should never be banned for bad languge they should just be permenetly muted. This way you can still sell memberships to them and they can still play just cant use free chat. My ideas i think are good. To beneifit all partys. :)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
I think that you should be able to be any creature in the game from the beginning, and pay a certain amount of gold or crowns to change character types, and your armor would be the creature's natural clothing but the stats of the clothing you're currently wearing.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
Secondary school:

It would be nice if the secondary school was picked the same way your primary school was. When the time comes to pick a secondary, you could have another tutorial similar to advanced combat, but with the teachers, could show a brief example of what the various schools strengths and weakness were.

This would also allow for power pips to be used with your secondary school spells. Then to emphasize the primary school over the second, include another pip type that would be worth three pips to primary, two pips to secondary, and one to other cards.

Another plus would being able to access missions for your secondary teacher as well the possibility of specialized spells from the secondary school.

Also, as it stands now it feels like you have a primary school and then a handful of random cards.

Mastermind
Feb 25, 2010
I have a few ideas...1)be able to use our furniture. 2) Be able to own as many houses as we want (or at least, say, a total of one per world?) 3) trade pets with each other 4) choose an age for our wizard (like start where they are now, but have the option for more mature-looking wizards-I don't think it would take much to add a couple new faces for our new-wizard-selection). 5) be able to change our hair-dos when at home.
Now, I realize most of the ideas listed here are hardly new, but I've seen other posts suggesting these, and I wholeheartedly agree with them.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
There should be 2 new mounts for Celestia and they would be called Phoenix Wings they should be made of blue fire or green fire I think they would be very popular and the colors would match the world which is blue or green and would go well with the tridents or also fish mounts like a killer whale and a shark and dolphin.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
This topic has bothered me ever since I have been playing. No one seems to have any respect for wizards in battle any more. Other wizards just jump when you don't need help; they just come on in uninvited and without asking if you need help. I think that you should be able to decide if you want to allow others to join if you are the first wizard there. I cannot tell you how many times I've been trying out new spells and people jump in and expect me to rescue them when I am already low on mana from being the target for so many rounds.

Mastermind
Feb 25, 2010
You know how we have the list of quests that we are currently working on? How about a page that lists the quests we've already done?

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I'd like to be able to know what I did or need to do for badges. It would be great if you can mouse over a badge place holder and see what you need to do to earn a certain badge and what that badge's name is.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
I think that if you win a mount in battle, the countdown for it should start when you equip it, not right away. Won one right before I had to sign off, and time was up on it by the time I was able to play again. :(

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
If we are going to have celebrities join us in the Spiral could you please ask Stephen Hawking if he would be join us in the Spiral?

Stephen Hawking is the probably the top expert on Time. He might be able to teach us something in the game (through a quest) that we might not understand if we just read his book, A Brief History of Time.

Also I really wish that everyone with disabilities could play Wizard101. Maybe Stephen Hawking could tell you what to do so that thousands of disabled people can have fun playing Wizard101.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
monsterconster101 wrote:
i think that there shoud be a person in each world that you can talk to (like prospecter zeke) to redeem training points at the cost of gold.

I seriously doubt that's gonna happen. They make way too much money on indecisive wizards.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1. I can't tell you how many people I know have been roped into a battle because, ironically, they were trying to get health wisps. It's strange how even though these wisps are supposed to heal you, they make you put yourself in harms way. If they can hover around the sidewalks, that would be greatly appreciated.

2. Make the sidewalks a bit broader, especially in Marleybone and MooShu. It's really annoying getting roped into battles simply because there's not enough sidewalk to stand on.

3. I know this would require months of work, but as a Sorcerer, I always found it unfair that all the other types of wizards have the choice to represent their school through their clothing. I say you guys should either change the colors of the Balance School to brown and orange, or add tan and maroon. It's only fair.

4. Lastly, I think it's unfair that some schools are lucky with their school colors and others aren't. For example Life clothing, whose colors are green and brown (which aren't "high demand" colors) are notorious for being a lot cheaper than Death clothing, whose colors are black and white (two very expensive colors). I say all color dyes should be the same price; why should the wizard be penalized for colors that were chosen long ago?

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I would like the game to be programed so that if you jump into someones battle you have to stay at least two rounds before you could flee. I get a bit tired of someone jumping in and pulling in another bad guy and then leaving.

It also would be nice if there was a menu chat message that says "in a tower or dungeon can't leave". the messages "I can't" and "one minuet I'm fighting" just don't seem enough.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
whizbrain wrote:
monsterconster101 wrote:
i think that there shoud be a person in each world that you can talk to (like prospecter zeke) to redeem training points at the cost of gold.

? Do you mean get your training points back then I say yes, but to buy more i would say no it would give grand masters unfair pvp advantages think about it.
um in golem court talk to the bird he will give you back training points but in other worlds would be nice

Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
I think a new pet should be a flying lizard. It should be a really friendly cute one with puffy wings on its neck, and it does a spell where a winged lizard creature goes into the center of the battlefield and a purple ball comes out of its mouth, that could be fire or ice. Balance spell. Thank you! :)

Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
It would be nice if we could buy stuffed animals of our Wizards101 pets to have in real life! Thank you :)

Also it would be nice if we could get toys for our virtual pets to play with, like a ball for them to chase or piece of rope for them to play tug of war. Thank you

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
charmmaker363 wrote:
It would be nice if we could buy stuffed animals of our Wizards101 pets to have in real life! Thank you :)

Also it would be nice if we could get toys for our virtual pets to play with, like a ball for them to chase or piece of rope for them to play tug of war. Thank you

that would an interesting idea. I'd be just as interested in being able to make our wizards in a way similar to "build a bear"

Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
They should make some new spells that every one can use not just level fiftys 8)

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
monsterconster101 wrote:

good idea. there should also be a dye shop in each world so you dont have to keep going back to wc to dye stuff.