Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Dorms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
Well, I understand how KI has tried its best to make all the schools even, but its seems that they could use a little bit more updates. Bear with me, lets take the perspective of some school such as hmm

DEATH: Could definitely use another aoe spell(Area of Effect damage. Basically a spell that does damage to all enemies). Such as one that cost less pips then the already existing scarecrow... Scarecrow(7pip spell) has a base damage of 400 an takes half the damage an adds it to the users health.
So I was thinking of a spell that cost about 4-6 pips, base damage of about 420 without any health retrieval an maybe adds a weakness to all enemies like power nova.

Life: Being the fact that life is more of a defensive school, its attacks aren't too strong so I feel that a dot spell(damage over time) should be added to that class. To rid of annoying shields, it could be a minor spell such as a one target spell that cost approximately 3-4 pips with a base damage of 35+280 over 3 rounds & gives 50+280health back to user over 3 rounds, similar to power link.

Myth: I don’t mean to upset anyone but to be honest I can’t think of anything to add to the Myth class, it actually seems to be set up quite nicely. But maybe a trap for all enemies that cost 1 pip similar to windstorm but due to the fact that myth is not as strong as storm in brute power then traps could be 25% instead of 20%.

Fire: Now fire is an interesting class, efreet seems like an incredible 1v1 strike with an added -90% weakness an with the move fire dragon its handles different styles of fighting nicely. Actually my personal humble opinion is that the spell Heck hound’s base damage should be reduced from 130 damage per pip to about 120 damage per pip similar to storm hounds current base damage. Due to the fact of its ability to be a rank 14 spell(max power pips) an with the stack of positive charms can most definitely cause a lot of ouchies in a 1v1. (Continues at bottom)

Ice: Ice is another school that seems pretty ok with the format of spells, but actually I thought of an interesting spell for ice, a spell that changes who goes first, it would only work in 1v1 an it could cost 2 pips, no added effects but if the user is second he/she will lead the following turn after using the spell. But there needs to be a program added if both players use this spell in the same turn that the turn formations switches around then switches back to avoid bugs or players winding up on the same team…

Storm: Storm is known for incredible power so a dot spell must be avoided getting added to the storm school. What the school could use is perhaps a move that removes 2 stun blocks from all enemies but does not stun the target if he/she has no stun shields on, its could cost hmm 3 pips seems fair but with this move it needs to be tested out.

Balance: The King of Schools if I might say, balance is a mixture of every school of magic basically, so what could they use? Well to be completely honest my mind sorta went blank when thinking of what to add to the school of Balance, an I feel that it would be disrespectful to just throw in a useless spell so I am going to leave this school up to KI…(Same with the school of fire, I feel that it would be unfair for every school to get a new spell except one.)

Well thank you for hearing(reading) me out, an it would mean a lot to not only me but the many other young wizards out there to take what I suggested into consideration.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
my son had an idea that perhaps sometime in the future Gamma might teach some new kinds of spells at higher levels or at specific levels but only in exchange for points and only after you have bested him in a duel. he had this idea after saying that Gamma seems to have very little to do with the game after his brief talk at the beginning tutorial and the few newbie quests that send you to him. we thought that perhaps you might come up with some new spells that are have some of his own personal touch to them and would fall under the category of either pvp or utility spells. obviously these would be special spells. we didnt have any idea as to what kind of spells he might teach but we're hoping someone else might.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
Seeds take up too much space in the backpack. I would like to have a separate seed bag similar to the reagents bag and the snacks bag. This would make it much easier to collect and use seeds of different types, by the patchful. 999 seeds of each type might be overkill. Maybe 100 of each type would be good. The way the system works now, one seed takes more room than a truckload of watermelons!

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I just had an idea while reading the forums. Games that focus on mathematics and language would be a wonderful addition to Wizard 101. Since the primary focus seems to be about bringing families together, I think parents would appreciate their children learning something relevant to what they're learning in school, especially when some (or most) children play this game for hours. My idea is about creating a mathematics game with varying levels of difficulty, perhaps making this an addition to the Fairegrounds in Wizard City. Players can choose different levels based on their ability to solve problems. Furthermore, each level rewards a variety of prizes; for example, 3 points to pet energy, 1 treasure card, or perhaps a mega pack for continued exceptional performance.

I noticed several players complaining about how long it took for pet energy to restore, so this would be a viable alternative to using crowns. I understand that your employees also need to generate income to support operations; I am simply offering a suggestion. This might also entice other parents to buy a subscription, which could substantially supersede current profit earnings on Energy Elixirs.

It would be amusing to see games with the Wizard 101 characters explaining cubic formula or the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. ^^Of course, this all could be done in a hilariously, fun way that maintains children's interest.

Explorer
Jul 02, 2009
I think there needs to be a clear playing field where non battling wizards cannot fly into and disrupt a battle in progress. I have seen watching wizards talk and sit right in the battlefield and get rude. These people have no common sense and you can't just leave the fight because you're stuck in the slot. If people would get pulled into a fresh fight for cutting through there would be a lot less of the behavior or lock out the teleport feature of a full duel in progress. KI needs to fix this issue because "your friend is busy" is possible.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
Balance School although Strong is relatively in middle of the Pack which i understand no great Damage spells with out some work involved yes Balance gets life vs. Storm who is high dmg low life but the extra life doesn't offset 2 pip spell that can be done by storm in pvp.

But through and through well set up except in one area all schools especially lvl 60 gear get accuracy on them except Balance.
Balance in it's true form is a tank/support school yet we have no accuracy.
Except by Card or Pet that is what i would change.

Just a thought.

Valkoor Hexwielder lvl 60 Balance

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Well good day to all of the wizards out there. I have been doing quests after quest and finally reached the max, level 60. However, at this level you still get quests to do with xp involved and legendary wizards cannot have more xp. My idea is to change the xp we would gain into gold, since we have no use for xp at a legendary level, this seems rather fair.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Survivor
May 28, 2010
averynicolemi wrote:
packers19960 wrote:
i think it would make the game so much better if you can use your houses furniture so i can sit in my chair for once instead of staring at it
i would really want to do that but it should be that if you walk up to it it asks if you want to do it
no way that would be so annoying for people with alot of stuff in home it would be like a legend in commons and everyone wanting to add you and you like can't see but don't want to have to change options when you wanna add someone so it should be more like crafting stations where you have to press x and also people tAlkingabout hair style place and not having to wear hat is good but there should be I thing for hair like storm lord . And i just made a death wizard and i realized there is no vampire pet it should be a level 68 pet if they raise the cap also there should be way to get other school pets at crown store but those would not be as rare and hav good abilities like real has beacause I want a hydra beacausr of how it looks not stats or cards.we need a easyer way to level up pets even though I have energy elixers enough to do it it is boring and takes a long time.And also I think because there are seven schools (I really don't know how many there are) there should be more slots and new schools to start with and I heard someone say this that people get to legend before they finish every where and then they make new person or stop playing because there is no point in doing quests I have legend storm and I agree they should either raise cap or make quests count for less and level down some people with ability to still go to legend places or do places they were level for until they got leveled down or trade in Those levels for crowns and new school pets and spells that they will get and the level 48 and 58 will be moved to lower levels And people who moved down will get the spells without having to do boss for it or have it optional and same with pets maybe the spell and pet could be the same or spells that are. Not pets like storm lord or lethian any way I want cap raised or new world to get it raised or level lowered and quest not as much xp cause there is no point in me doing lunarium for my quests exect for money and items and I agree with the fact that pet drops are to rare I understand making crown pets rare but not pets that only way to get is by drop cause I really want death bat and even when I had crowns the guy had no chest lastly I think there should be action where you can do magic and you can only do magic for schools you learned or other wizard has learned I would like to make lightning bolt as a thing outside battle also there should be way to walk faster like with mount without looking like you have mount but being able to see it equipt on person also you should be able to see what people said before you logged off and be able to add them if they are or talk to them because I had person say they would gift me next day than I think they took me off next day by accident and I really want to find them so it should be possible in hour time frames or half hour and do it for last twin tea for hours you on and make option to see and add friends you took off or they took you off and you should be able to hold twenty people there and it tells you if they on if it hits max number it asks if you want to get rid of one or lose one one last idea you should be able to get all different types of dragon because there are like five types of dragon you see I think there may be more but you can only get one kind so other than you should be able to pay extra to get gurente you get certain king of pets that's all I have to say :-D

Survivor
Jul 08, 2008
i think Wizard101 should make a new school like blance but instead of blance which is basicallt fire, storm, and ice. It should be with death, life and myth i mean cause you no how there is a spell that give you fire, storm, and ice 35% blades with is good for balance. Since we already have a spell that gives death, life and myth, so their should be a new school that involes those tree together

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I had another idea after glancing at the teleporters in the crown shop. Personally, I feel that the teleporters aren't something that I'd buy. They aren't practical. When I bought a house, I wanted to show people my awesome home. However, with a limited buddy list and spending more time pvp'ing than at home, rarely anyone has the opportunity to gawk at my estate or tour the grounds.

KI, wouldn't it be interesting to create a world where everyone's home is available to the public? Individuals can visit the homes of thousands of Wizard 101 players. You could refer to it as Wizard Lane or something. The creators could subdivide the world into districts, which players could purchase higher, more luxurious properties with crowns. See where I'm going with this? This would benefit those that want to gain popularity among the online gaming community. Players could also leave messages in the mailboxes of other players, view players' information with regard to level and pets, as well as leave requests for befriending/hatching. Sounds rather complex but I'm sure your technical experts can manage.

Furthermore, players can opt out by "casting a spell" to make their home(s) invisible to the public. You could include a nice animated scene showing their house fading away into the background, especially each time they choose to hide their home. Perhaps you could also implement certain requirements for attaining property on "Wizard Lane"; for example, "Merle" declares that only legendary players can reside in the capital.

(Just had another idea: How about establishing housing districts within different parts of the realm? Communities could be situated on Cyclops Lane, Wizard City, Celestia, etc. That would make the game more intriguing than it already is, but it'd be too much of a hassle for players to walk or teleport to those realms. Moreover, low-level players won't be able to access the higher realms, thus being unable to visit those players' estate(s). )

I would really like to see this happen. I've been thinking about it for a while now.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2008
SoulLifeSpirit wrote:
I had another idea after glancing at the teleporters in the crown shop. Personally, I feel that the teleporters aren't something that I'd buy. They aren't practical. When I bought a house, I wanted to show people my awesome home. However, with a limited buddy list and spending more time pvp'ing than at home, rarely anyone has the opportunity to gawk at my estate or tour the grounds.

KI, wouldn't it be interesting to create a world where everyone's home is available to the public? Individuals can visit the homes of thousands of Wizard 101 players. You could refer to it as Wizard Lane or something. The creators could subdivide the world into districts, which players could purchase higher, more luxurious properties with crowns. See where I'm going with this? This would benefit those that want to gain popularity among the online gaming community. Players could also leave messages in the mailboxes of other players, view players' information with regard to level and pets, as well as leave requests for befriending/hatching. Sounds rather complex but I'm sure your technical experts can manage.

Furthermore, players can opt out by "casting a spell" to make their home(s) invisible to the public. You could include a nice animated scene showing their house fading away into the background, especially each time they choose to hide their home. Perhaps you could also implement certain requirements for attaining property on "Wizard Lane"; for example, "Merle" declares that only legendary players can reside in the capital.

(Just had another idea: How about establishing housing districts within different parts of the realm? Communities could be situated on Cyclops Lane, Wizard City, Celestia, etc. That would make the game more intriguing than it already is, but it'd be too much of a hassle for players to walk or teleport to those realms. Moreover, low-level players won't be able to access the higher realms, thus being unable to visit those players' estate(s). )

I would really like to see this happen. I've been thinking about it for a while now.

I think thats a really good idea, the thought of having an individual world just for house would be really cool. I am on ur side when i say that Ki should consider this

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
packers19960 wrote:
i think it would make the game so much better if you can use your houses furniture so i can sit in my chair for once instead of staring at it

i totally agree with that me and my friends talk bout that all the time that we wish we could use all the furniture we have. i made a carousel and i think it would be could to be able to sit on it.

Survivor
May 17, 2010
i think the wystera arena would be a cool house the whole area from where glendeming is to all the battle areas

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
In reference to my post on Sept/6/2011 11:20, I just saw a segment on CNN about a successful online academy that teaches children (called Khan Academy). His website provides instructional videos on subjects such as chemistry and calculus. Apparently, his creative and engaging way of teaching children has warranted the support of Bill Gates. So my idea is sound. Many parents approve of his endeavor to educate children and the community.

Furthermore, I have another suggestion about graphics. Perhaps it's time to upgrade to something a tad more impressive than the current look. The way your staff improved the battle scene with Malistaire impressed me. I wasn't aware that everything was made cinematic. Even though I battled Malistaire many times before, I was enthralled by the use of camera angles. I think it would be nice to see this in all of our major boss battles. Most people would look forward to witnessing these types of spectacles.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
ok so i was just thinking that in pvp the time to choose your spell should be 30 sec. in 1v1, and 45 sec. in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. To give players enough time where they don't wind up rushing to change their spell to work with their teammates, or to draw treasures, etc...

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
Hi,
I would like to know if we are ever going to be able to buy the furniture and other stuff in wysteria love the blue!! we need more furniture options ty . P.S love the game. :D

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
Hi
I am having a whole lot of problems with people begging me to gift them all the time !
When I say no or nothing at all!
I get verbally abused.
Is there anyway to ask people to quit begging as soon as they see you must have Crowns by your clothes or mount or pet/
I am really being harassed as is my granddaughter.
Many Thanks
Anyone Else out there get this also? :(

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
Epros123 wrote:
Everyone knows were the transform potions are, well can there be more like wild claw, samoorai, sunbird, and the marleybone civilian's, and ETC. (you could think of some more)

-Matthew SoulHaven Level 50 ICE

P.S Please respond that would be dandy :) :-) :D

yeahhhhhh that would be real cool if we had this and so we can polymorph in too a crab or a crow
but I think its hard for wiz101 to make those forms and potions

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
We sure could use larger Banks

Also, we should be able to trade all item

I for one have so many doubles and triples

Of pets clothing item for home

Bought with growns so I do not want to sell them but running out of room in all banks on all six girls

One more thing my granddaughte and I have done all schools and we are deleting level 60 wizards so we hve something to do.

We should be allowed to have a person from very school in our class room

please?

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
my idea is color blending for gear and furniture id say no the the not being pulled as frustrating as it can be sometimes as for the sidewalks in mb there not sidewalks there roofs with paths and if you have trouble on them go straight through the middle interactive furniture would be great people just assume that people would miss use it ki could always put a barrier around a chair when some one sits unless its a 2 seater. they probably wont do pet energy whisps. leveling a pet with experience would be amazing and i feel like it would add to the game no one feels like doing hours of pet games just to level a pet one rank repetive and annoying we should have that choice on that along with a modifier about how much of our experience the pet gets every time its given in the book like the other things such as hidden from friends.
another great thing would be adding a persons whole acount at one time instead f having to manually go one by one its time consuming and unecessary.
i would love to have a deck that auto reshuffles me when i use the last card which i have stated about before but the message keeps mysteriously dissappearing who ever is doing that please stop it.
still waiting on 2 pip wands that were supposed to be in test realm please make this a reality regardless of the pvping babies that want to be level 40 and kill legends that's not right they wanna kill us they can go level like everyone else and stopp getting our stuff nerfed cause of them granted some stuff does need to be balanced.
simplify and eldulate would be great next world too i hope i spelled that right would add more choices of what to do in a turn.
also shield steal needs a fix as well as arena needs to be fixed turn wise my idea for one person from first team goes first and another person from other team is second then the next person from the first team goes third makes pvp much more balanced and would fix most problems with it is an amazing idea and chain stunning/chain dispelling/chain smokescreen would disappear completely.I pvp to play not spend 10 turns not doing anything and then die even though some people say chain stun is dead it really isn't its just not as apparent please hear out all my ideas and post what you think
i would love if one of my topics would stay on the forum instead of getting removed.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Roaming mounts was MY idea and i got some more. 8) There could be, like, darkhound, heckhound, and stormhound mounts. and we could have a text chat window, called a spellphone and levels 30+ can go to Hogwarts and do quests and stuff. Merle gives you a quest to speak with Albus Dumbledore. You go to the spiral door and enter the Hogwarts grounds and find Dumbledore at the entrance. He thanks you for coming and tells you to go to the Griffindor common room. and speak with Harry, Hermione, and Ron. The 1st quest you get is year 1 you help them through everything they do in the first year. then year 2, 3, etc. When you need to go outside of Hogwarts, (Privet Drive, Minisrty of Magic, Godric's Hollow, Diagon Alley, the Burrow, Knockturn Alley, etc.) :D Whoever gave you the quest will tell you to go to the Room of Requirement, where teleporters take you to most of them. (At Diagon Alley, you can buy stuff, and Prospector Zeke gives a quest, find the broomsticks.) The "commons" area is, of course, Hogwarts. 3 other ways you can go is to the Quidditch Pitch, where you can play a Qudditch mini game- and you can go into the dark forest- or into Hogsmeade. and when you complete the Hogwarts year 4 quests, you get a Firebolt mount (broom). and players should be able to by crowns with gold. 100 gold= 1 crown.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
i have a couple ideas,
i read a while ago, in 2009, there was talk about wanting to have furniture we can use. I think that is a good idea cause then i can actualy use my chair instead of staring at it. Also i think a good mount idea is what if we could ride our schools element, like storm would have a cloud, fire could ride a flame, ice could ride snow flakes, ect. i came up with the idea but i need you to make then real.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I think that there should be new wands, like a whip type or a sort of wand customizer that you can pick its stats and looks, depending on how it looks like you pay more or less money. Also through worlds and new quests you can earn new wand parts and stats such as 5% power pip chance or 30% critical chance.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2011
here is my idea i like to fight one on one matches in the arena so i think minion should not be aloud in these one on one matches . also all outside cards like treasure cards so be done alway with in these matches . i dont mind to lose just it wont to be a fair fight. and the matching system need be little better level twenty eight verus forthy something not cool. thank you for your time