Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Dorms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 15, 2010
I think that players should be able to send mail to friends on Wizard. Most online games have that capability. It would be nice to communicate with your friends and let them know how you are doing, when you plan to meet them online or why you can't meet them. I would like to know when my friends plan to be online other than going online to check if they are there periodically.

Would also like to be able to exchange items with friends other than treasure cards, such as reagents, armor and pet snacks. These items should also be available to email to each other too.

Don't know if others feel this way or not but would like to hear about it.

hespia0709

Survivor
Jan 26, 2010
i have a few ideas here

a few more sayings under menu chat for people that can not talk like sorry, need help, want some help and in a dungeon sorry can not help

a seperate mana ball for plants and pets instead of sharing

all pets should be able to give life at some point in there leveling up

when you hit go home you should be able to pick the house you want to go to if you have more than one and not have to go to your backpack and select it everytime you want to switch

we should be able to craft iteams that give critical, blocking and resistance of some kind on every school once you reach level 60 and be able to add a card of our choosing to put on them not just our school cards

in a new world make it more of a challenge so we do need friends to help complete things

when you are finished all your crafting quests you should be able to get any crafting cards from any school to make other things like furniture. you can not get them in the bazzar

a celestian house

better and diffrent iteams to craft fruniture wise and make them a little bigger

new pets such as sharks, draconians, celestian mechanical man, kraken, and a grizzlehime bears ect...

fighting between pets in the pet pravillion just like pvp matches

if i have anymore ideas i will post them and feel free to tell your own ideas aswell people peace out for now

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
rblman231 wrote:
i think they should come out with more areas, spells, schools and also higher max level... after you hit grandmaster there isnt much else to do besides farming for the best items, pvp matches and derby races in the pet pavillion

i agree to that mesage. i've seen WAY to many grand masters at wizard city ... i realise its way to easy for them to go through everything in the game. so i wolud make things hardder for them so they can have more fun ... also i would put a place up where you could see the history of places before they were what they are. so think about it. and see you in the spiral!

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
I often forget this is here and usually post on Central. lol

Anyway. here are a few ideas.

1) I would love to see a Death Wand that looks like the shovel from Ghoul.

2) I am really sick of hats. What if:
Instead of hats, we wore a Circlet as an option?
and could stitch it as if it were a hat? :)
We remove the Novice hat when we are not wearing one. (its not like there is anything obscene to see) :)

3) A BUG button in the live Realm. This would act the same as in the Test Realm. Hopefully alerting to glitches that LOCK you in a spot, or in a dungeon, or anything of that manner, and more if you wish.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
hespia0709 wrote:
I think that players should be able to send mail to friends on Wizard. Most online games have that capability. It would be nice to communicate with your friends and let them know how you are doing, when you plan to meet them online or why you can't meet them. I would like to know when my friends plan to be online other than going online to check if they are there periodically.

Would also like to be able to exchange items with friends other than treasure cards, such as reagents, armor and pet snacks. These items should also be available to email to each other too.

Don't know if others feel this way or not but would like to hear about it.

hespia0709

I really, really, really agree with all of this. lol

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Hi, so i got an awesome idea for like wands that at like lvl 40 you can be able to duel wield wands and have it changed to like each wand gives 3 cards each. My friend and I thought it be epic so please take this in consideration and thank you for reading this.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
I just wanna say, the "I-am-going-to-betray-you-when-you-finish-this-quest" thing is overused. :? That bug guy in CL, the demon in GH, the Dean in DS. You get the point.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I would love it if some equipment items could also be housing items. For example, anthames and wands in particular would look awesome in a collection on the wall. Also, special clothing items, such as party hat, prestigious clothes etc would look good in a "closet". I'm never going to wear them, don't want to sell them but don't think they should gather dust in my bank either. Why not display them?

Also, is there a reason we couldn't "drop" items in public places such as The Commons were others could pick them up? Only common items of course and maybe they would only remain for a given period to avoid clutter.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2010
magic1134 wrote:
I think you guys should make three new worlds for myth,death, and ice because every other school has one and one of them should be for lower lvl because it is unfair to new people. Example would be Gobblerton for ice. That would be cool

the trolls were summoned from somewhere, but where? what world? the gobblers also. and where did the skeletal pirates come from?

why not make new worlds for this to lvl up the legendary players to epic and ancient players, like with the pets? there are several ideas for spells written in previous posts, but why not make the mutate spells for the schools be the goals of these new worlds? for example, in a few fights, i've seen life cyclops and life banshees. why not have death trolls, like the pet you get in the vault of ice? i mean, you can already mutate your elemental spells, but that's mostly through treasure cards. why not make them actual spells players can get from their schools for these new worlds?

it would give a new lease to the game with more options for your already "maxed-out" players, and increase your income, since they'd be membership/crown worlds only, right? win/win situation?

any feedback would be nice, whether you agree or disagree.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
I that there should be palaces for every element. Example: There should be a Epic Death Bundle for people whose element is Death, one for Life, and so on. My email is gamer_brainiac@yahoo.com.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
When I saw this question, I had my answer prepared.
If there was something to be added, I would think a general anti-balance would be interesting. I mean, come on; the fact that all three spirit schools boost balance, but balance doesn't boost back. If there were like a new element that was like a general chaos or discord, then it would be more fair, seeing as the other schools have direct boosts. Then it would just be Balance vs whatever name is made for this school. Don't get me wrong, I understand that death is somewhat like chaos, but it isn't specified to be just an anti-balance, it is also the bane of the magic of Life. With it, (the new school/element), would come unique spells, that I would be more than willing to submit, as soon as this request is reviewed, and I am encouraged to submit them.

So PLEASE consider this before just tossing it on the pile!
Kenneth Shadowrunner Level 60 Balance

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
i have a spell you may consider:

level: 60ish
school: death
pips: 7 or 8
called: death
image: (more detail on that later)
how to learn: quest, you have to defeat malistaire and take his vial of destruction and give it to dworgan

thanks,

brian dragongem lvl 52 death

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
Paul Nightcloud
Level 23 Life

All right, there were two things that I had in mind.
First off, for those of you who know your Egyptian mythology, the new Ra spell for Balance is actually the god Horus, so my advice is to either change the name of the spell or the special effects.
Second, I came up with a new spell that I think would go well in either Balance or Death.
Name: Vengeance
Effect: When you take damage, Vengeance transfers half of that damage back to the person who cast the spell.
Does that make sense? Let me know what you think.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
pweinsh wrote:
Paul Nightcloud
Level 23 Life

First off, for those of you who know your Egyptian mythology, the new Ra spell for Balance is actually the god Horus, so my advice is to either change the name of the spell or the special effects.
Second, I came up with a new spell that I think would go well in either Balance or Death.
Effect: When you take damage, Vengeance transfers half of that damage back to the person who cast the spell.

I agree with your post but you might want to rename Vengeance to something else because vengeance actually boost up critical hit ratings already so yea.. nice post though :)

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Luvas wrote:
I thought I'd post some Spell Ideas on this board rather than clog the Forum with my own Topic. Of course none of it has to be taken seriously, and I don't expect it to. In fact I'd like to hear other peoples' opinions on the matter as well...And ideas of their own :)

Here's a few ideas I had for possible Spells in the future...

Weaken Magic: Star, 3 Pips
Power Pip Chance -50%
This could be an alternative to the dreaded Dampen Magic of old.

Shift: Balance, 2 Pips
Reverses the attacking order.
Whether or not you go first in battle when spells are cast is a crucial factor in many PVE Battles, and I assume for PVP as well. This could be a spell that makes the people who attack first go second, and vice versa.

ReAnimate: Death, 4 Pips
Polymorph a fallen teammate into a Life or Death Monster for 10 rounds.
Basically if one of your fellow wizards is Defeated in battle, you could cast this spell on them to not only revive them, but temporarily turn them into a ghost or something.

Fang's Roulette: Balance, 10 Pips (Or more even)
Activate a random 7 Pip spell from any School
As Balance is the 'Jack of All Trades' school, and they already do harness the powers of the Elemental Triangle of spells, perhaps they could be able to use the GrandMaster spells as well? (You can already do this with Item Cards, but with this Balance could use Power Pips for said spells, albeit at a higher cost)

Spectral Surge: Balance, 4 Pips
450 Myth, 300 Life, or 375 Death Damage
Spiritual version of Balance's Elemental, Spectral Blast. 'Nuff said.

Polymorph Raven: Moon, 0 Pips
Basically a Polymorph for a Myth monster, which I realize the game lacks. I said Raven because the Troll, Cyclops, and Minotaur already make appearances as your Minions, so it would be kind of repetitive.

Polymorph Celestian: Moon, 0 Pips
Ah, to be able to transform into one of those uber-cool alienoid monsters who have Star or Sun as their element rather than something with a Boost or Resist!

And lastly, some spells for the cheating Post-Celestian Bosses out there. Only Treasure Card form for us human Wizards...

Protect, a universal Dispel that will destroy any damaging spell you attempt to send out, regardless of its School. Also there could be universal Dispels for any Shield or Charm you attempt to dish out also. The Pip Costs (If any, darn cheaters) would be up to the NPCS.

As for Post-Legendary Spell monsters, well...Just to throw it out there as a possibility, perhaps a Dragon Titan for Fire, and maybe Cthulu or a ManBearPig for Myth?

I wonder what people think of those? Just off the top of my head, I wanted to jot them down before I forget. Anyone else think they're sound?

Those are all AWESOME IDEALS!!! I really do hope KI considers some of them and being a myth wizard I want to thank you for representing us cause we have no polymorphs or mutate cards that represents myth

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Hey, I had this crazy idea one day and I seem to like it. We should have mounts that go with our school. like the Myth school should the Orthrus as a mount, and for the death school they should have the the death dragon. The balance school should have hydra as a mount, and the life school should havethe centaur! Storm would have that sea dragon, fire would have the dragon( that actually breaths fire when you wait too long), and ice should have the ice pegusas!!!! And anohter idea was to bring our mounts into battle!

Diana Raven
Level 58
Myth

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
HI, i have an idea. 12 and under players have a chat bubble with a red slash going through it to indicate that. I think that players with open chat should have something different than the players with text chat. It would benefit 13+ players as well as 18+. I say this because as a 13+ player myself, there have been times when I have started to know someone who I become friends with, just to learn they are adults. This caused for awkward situations.

Justin Walker LVL 56

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
yukeelemental wrote:
pweinsh wrote:
Paul Nightcloud
Level 23 Life

I agree with your post but you might want to rename Vengeance to something else because vengeance actually boost up critical hit ratings already so yea.. nice post though :)

Thanks yukeelemental.
All right, how does the name Revenge sound, and what do you think about the Horus/ Ra thing?

Thanks for your opinions.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
monsterconster101 wrote:
i think that crowns should only be charged to non-members only and members pay gold only

I think this is a great idea!!!! i'm tired of paying for both membership and crowns it's burning a hole right through my pocket.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I really love this game and appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it. That being said, I do have a couple question/suggestions.

1. Can you Please, Pretty Please, make Feint and Curse traps look different from each other? After you have cast them they are impossible to tell apart and as you know, make a huge difference in your damage.

2. Would it be possible to show what a badge was earned for when you mouse over it? Some of the titles, while very cool, don't bring to mind what I did to get it.

3. I'm not sure this is a suggestion but I'm not sure it's a bug either... I've noticed that when my death wizard cast death spells that should cost an odd number of pips ( 1, 3, 5 etc) they always cost me an even number of power pips. Therefore a 1 pip spell actually costs me 2 pips, a 3 pip spell actually costs me 4 pips. Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought that only happened when you cast spells from other schools. Please help!

Thank you!

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
i think you should put a bank chest in the wizard city shopping district. so when some like the shut of the dorms happen we can still access our banks because i have a crown outfit that i use on two of my characters because i don't have a lot of money to buy two or three of the same outfit now my outfit is in the bank and i have no outfit to wear. thank you

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I think wizard101 needs to give all of the blades from each class on the second quest meral ambrose gives you.
Example: Life gets their blade in krokatopia, Ice doesn't get theirs till level 38! Only fire gets their blade right away. You should change that... Also A new Ice spell should be called Melt which changes Ice spells into Water spells and Water can be a new element or something. Well maybe not a new element but yea i think i sounds like a good idea...(comment plz)

Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
I've no idea if this is the right place to put this but am I the only one who is annoyed about the music in houses that are not Crown bought houses? I've been in Wizard City for a long time, the last thing I want is to go to my home and hear that same cute music. I bought a house in Marleybone, expecting the theme music from there but no, Wizard City twee music again. It doesn't fit the house or the atmosphere. Same problem with a house bought on Krokotopia.

I have no desire to be FORCED into buying a Crown house just to escape it.

Music in a game is important to me and this seems to me to be a fixable problem. Give the houses the music that matches them!

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
voiceofsevens wrote:
Well, I think the biggest priority for the game right now should be things for high level players to do. Once you reach max level, have done all the quest, and seen all of the world...there is not a whole lot to do. So I definately think that "end game" material should be the #1 focus for everyone to brainstorm on...things to do besides dueling, or repeatedly killing boss's for your best gear.

I would like to see more interaction with the world and particularly wizard houses. Being able to sit on chairs/couches, click on furniture items for various animations (like eating when you click on that bowl of turkey legs=). It would be awesome to have special furniture pieces that allow guest to play games together that are unique to wizard homes only. Also, it would be very cool to add dueling rooms to the big wizard homes for friends to host privet tournaments or to just play around/practice tactics together.

Another idea to add a little more depth to the game and let players have fun being wizards....Emotes! Players could be able to do a variety of universal emotes and of course some that are available only to their specific school. Perhaps ice wizards can hocuspocus themselves into snowmen for a few moments, death wiz's can go skeleton, life into tree-people, balance into angels, etc. Emotes are always a good thing to add a little depth to an mmo.

More open world content that is not focused on grinding monsters would be great. Scenic places to hang/play around in that are meant to just look cool, plain and simple. Of course, having things that people can interact and mess around with would also be nice touch. It is a world of wizards and magic, so the ideas for such possible places are near limitless.

I have plenty of other ideas, but I think I've written enough for now. lol.

Thanks for reading and listening to what your players think! :-D

I appreciate the idea of something to do for the people who beat the game until it is expanded. Maybe there could be hidden contacts (similar to hidden trainers) that give a series of complicated missions, and they can only be talked to after you have beaten the Test of Spheres. Then, when you complete their series of complicated missions you get small permanent upgrade (not gear) that is always on and is not tradeable.
Examples of rewards after a series of missions are:

Upgrade to health: +150 hp
Upgrade to mana: +50 mana
Upgrade to defense: +2% defense to all schools
Upgrade to block: +10 to all blocks (not percent)
Upgrade to critical: +10 to all criticals (not percent)
Upgrade to power pips: +2% power pips
Upgrade to damage: +5% damage to all spells
Upgrade to accuracy: +3% accuracy to all spells

I also think there should be 2 or 3 contacts that give:

Upgrade to Training Points: +1 Training Point

And maybe even a complicated and repeatable contact that gives:

Upgrade to gold: +15,000-30,000 gold

Remember, these powers will be very hard to obtain! I think these contacts should give about 5 quests each, and these last 2 rewards (the training points and gold) will NOT be permanent. Thank you Kingsisle, and I'd really appreciate it if you took this into consideration!

Ian FrostBreeze
Lvl. 60 Ice/Storm/Moon Wizard
Legendary Thaumaturge

Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
Eragoniscool22 wrote:
Ice doesn't get theirs till level 38!

It's true Ice doesn't get the actual spell till level 38 but the Ice Minion you get at about 32 or 34 will often cast it on you. Mine did, anyway, so I was in no great hurry to get the spell for myself. I finished the dungeon I was in first.