Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Dorms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
I think that in holiday spirit we give every player of Wizard101 a Christmas tree to put in their houses. Same for other holidays! New years you can put a clock tree etc. I hope you will try this idea!!! :) :-) :D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
I don't know who else might have thought of this, but it would be really cool to have a Wizard 101 Trading Card Game. My 3 sisters and I all love wizard 101 and we tried making our own but our illustrations weren't too good and we didn't know of any death spells over level 16 or ice spells over level 42 because none of us are death or ice. You could sell different spell cards and decks and booster packs. I think you would make a ton of money off of that, and I for one and all of my sisters would buy a bunch of these.

Thanks,
Ignithium

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but how about something on the school exclusive pets (ie: Satyr, Ice Colossus, Helephant, etc.). I'm not saying they have to be battle usable or anything, but why not let us, the people who spend over 30000 gold to hatch a pet to get an unusable one, at least be able to train it in the pavilion, instead of sell it just for 400 gold. Or to the very least, sell it for the half the price it hatched for. I've had a lot of people talk to me about being mad when they hatch for an unusable pet.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
well i'm boared being on my own even if i have friends
but it would be match funner if we had a family playing ( i don't mean a real family playing wizard101 ) i mean that we would have a fake family for example a wife as a computer and a son or doaughter as a computer

Survivor
May 03, 2010
More ideas / suggestions here:

1. It seems to me that many mobs throw buffs to the wrong target. I mean it's nice that they want to help each other out, but I have seen a myth mob throwing a mythblade on a fire mob while the fire mob returns the favor with a fireblade.

A non-balance blade, when used by an AI, should always go on a mob or a wizard in that school. I know some myth mobs use Fire Elves, but the chance of a blade in a random school being relavent seems too small to justify what they do now.

2. Another one on 'school identity' issue: While I'm good with the first wand being six spells from six schools (actually I believe it was a great choice -- it advertises strengths and differences among all the schools), I'm strongly against early mobs using spells outside their schools. When I was playing on my first wizard, it took me until around level 30 to know which shields to use, because every time I put up a myth/death shield against a death mob it used Lightning Bats! This makes all the shields feel like the same ('cause there's no prediction), hurts the school identity (so you could cast Leprechauns all day and still call yourself a Fire mage), and denies newbies the chance to feel good about using the right shields.

Rules should be followed first, and variations come next. My suggestion here is to have low-to-mid level mobs use spells in their schools at least 50% or 70% of the time.

3. Two animation issues regarding the spell Sprite:
First, since Sprite is in a sense the "best" pet auto-cast spell, many players now have one of those pets that cast Sprite every so often. The problem is Sprite has a long animation, and my estimate is having such a pet nearly doubles the amount of time used by that player. (I think the Sprite activates once every one or two full rounds)

The other issue is an aesthetic one: the sound effects used in the animation of Sprite sound not pretty, but more importantly too loud compared to other spells.

4. Menu Chat. The people who can only use the Menu Chat ("mute" players) seem to be shunned and met with disdain. There are good reasons for this, and none is their fault.

Say one of them is dead or dying. "I need healing", "I need healing", "I need healing". You want to help, you try to say "I know", you look at the chat menu and couldn't find "I know" in ten seconds. Comes more "I need healing"s, and you're panicked. You try to find "waiting for my Sprite" or "heal yourself, I'm not a Life mage", again to no avail.

That's why what really happens is:
"I need healing"
"I need healing"
"No." or silence
"I need healing"
and at this point the mute player is mentally blacklisted.

It seems to me the greatest problem is that the Text Chat players are not motivated to get used to Menu Chat, and I believe the only solution is to simplify Menu Chat. Maybe not in the sense of reducing number of options available, but something along the lines of a Simple (Menu) Chat, which is a subset of Menu Chat, also listed in categories, but consist of ~50 most useful expressions; with this number, the Text Chat players can get familiar with it without much effort (right now, for many Text Chat players, all they remember about Menu Chat is "Yes", "No" and "Thanks".)

5. On players being away (afk) during a battle: As it stands right now, this results in all the other players waiting for the full 30 seconds each turn for the absent player to pass, and that's why afk-ing during a battle is generally considered rude, apart from not contributing to the team. But this doesn't have to be the case if one change could be made; there could be an afk, or away checkbox (say next to the Pass button), and when it's checked you automatically pass each turn after say five seconds. This way, the battle can more or less proceed as normal.

One more thing could be further added to the checkbox solution if desired: if one player uses up thirty seconds and passes twice in a row, then the game could consider the player as away, that is, checks the away box automatically.

6. Bazaar - One should be able to buy multiple treasure cards at once. Say you want to buy 100 Keen Eyes. You have to do 200 clicks - to make it much worse - back and forth between the item and the "do you really want to buy" confirmation! I understand that the price of an item in auction depends on the remaining quantity, but I'm sure a little programming takes care of that.

The pricing of many items seems off to me. Many bad treasure cards cost upward of a thousand, only because the game set it to be so and not because any player wants it; a treasure card as powerful as the Tower Shield costs 400 at most, and Sniper is capped at around 100. Why not record how many treasure cards of each type are bought in a day, and then reprice all of them?

A minor suggestion is to have "Usable" checked by default in the bazaar, since right now the 90-page list of hats load first, and usable hats are only 30 pages long. Also we could use a "Eventually Usable" checkbox, displaying equipments in the right schools and for any level.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
wornjack wrote:
I feel that the new lvl 58 fire spell quest where you have to kill sothmekhet is too difficult conncidering that nobody else can help you. I thin you should either lower his health to like 5,000 or let people help you.

I just started doing that one and was blown away by howmany life points this dude has. And this is a solo act? I'm starting not to like this game very much anymore. Too many quests that I have to ask for help.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
enchantressTat wrote:
More ideas / suggestions here:

1. It seems to me that many mobs throw buffs to the wrong target. I mean it's nice that they want to help each other out, but I have seen a myth mob throwing a mythblade on a fire mob while the fire mob returns the favor with a fireblade.

A non-balance blade, when used by an AI, should always go on a mob or a wizard in that school. I know some myth mobs use Fire Elves, but the chance of a blade in a random school being relavent seems too small to justify what they do now.

2. Another one on 'school identity' issue: While I'm good with the first wand being six spells from six schools (actually I believe it was a great choice -- it advertises strengths and differences among all the schools), I'm strongly against early mobs using spells outside their schools. When I was playing on my first wizard, it took me until around level 30 to know which shields to use, because every time I put up a myth/death shield against a death mob it used Lightning Bats! This makes all the shields feel like the same ('cause there's no prediction), hurts the school identity (so you could cast Leprechauns all day and still call yourself a Fire mage), and denies newbies the chance to feel good about using the right shields.

Rules should be followed first, and variations come next. My suggestion here is to have low-to-mid level mobs use spells in their schools at least 50% or 70% of the time.

3. Two animation issues regarding the spell Sprite:
First, since Sprite is in a sense the "best" pet auto-cast spell, many players now have one of those pets that cast Sprite every so often. The problem is Sprite has a long animation, and my estimate is having such a pet nearly doubles the amount of time used by that player. (I think the Sprite activates once every one or two full rounds)

The other issue is an aesthetic one: the sound effects used in the animation of Sprite sound not pretty, but more importantly too loud compared to other spells.

4. Menu Chat. The people who can only use the Menu Chat ("mute" players) seem to be shunned and met with disdain. There are good reasons for this, and none is their fault.

Say one of them is dead or dying. "I need healing", "I need healing", "I need healing". You want to help, you try to say "I know", you look at the chat menu and couldn't find "I know" in ten seconds. Comes more "I need healing"s, and you're panicked. You try to find "waiting for my Sprite" or "heal yourself, I'm not a Life mage", again to no avail.

That's why what really happens is:
"I need healing"
"I need healing"
"No." or silence
"I need healing"
and at this point the mute player is mentally blacklisted.

It seems to me the greatest problem is that the Text Chat players are not motivated to get used to Menu Chat, and I believe the only solution is to simplify Menu Chat. Maybe not in the sense of reducing number of options available, but something along the lines of a Simple (Menu) Chat, which is a subset of Menu Chat, also listed in categories, but consist of ~50 most useful expressions; with this number, the Text Chat players can get familiar with it without much effort (right now, for many Text Chat players, all they remember about Menu Chat is "Yes", "No" and "Thanks".)

5. On players being away (afk) during a battle: As it stands right now, this results in all the other players waiting for the full 30 seconds each turn for the absent player to pass, and that's why afk-ing during a battle is generally considered rude, apart from not contributing to the team. But this doesn't have to be the case if one change could be made; there could be an afk, or away checkbox (say next to the Pass button), and when it's checked you automatically pass each turn after say five seconds. This way, the battle can more or less proceed as normal.

One more thing could be further added to the checkbox solution if desired: if one player uses up thirty seconds and passes twice in a row, then the game could consider the player as away, that is, checks the away box automatically.

6. Bazaar - One should be able to buy multiple treasure cards at once. Say you want to buy 100 Keen Eyes. You have to do 200 clicks - to make it much worse - back and forth between the item and the "do you really want to buy" confirmation! I understand that the price of an item in auction depends on the remaining quantity, but I'm sure a little programming takes care of that.

The pricing of many items seems off to me. Many bad treasure cards cost upward of a thousand, only because the game set it to be so and not because any player wants it; a treasure card as powerful as the Tower Shield costs 400 at most, and Sniper is capped at around 100. Why not record how many treasure cards of each type are bought in a day, and then reprice all of them?

A minor suggestion is to have "Usable" checked by default in the bazaar, since right now the 90-page list of hats load first, and usable hats are only 30 pages long. Also we could use a "Eventually Usable" checkbox, displaying equipments in the right schools and for any level.
the number 4 is 100% tru because when i'm in battle sometimes a chat menu player comes they die and when they die they really call for " i need healing" and we can't say anything exept "ok" but they carry on
so plz add a thing that we could say to chat menu players for enample: "i know" as he said

5. that is also 100% tru because i am sometimes afk and then it's over and i need to start again a battle or when i am afk and i'm not in a battle i can say "afk" but what about if some one didn't read it ( mostly because they weren't here or they were afk ) and they stared talking to me when i was afk so plz add a button that says afk and if your in battle you can click the button and players can know your afk easer ( espshioly for chat menu players ) and the computer makes that you pass untill you click the button afk again and your enemy can't attack you when your afk ( unless if it is pvp )
were it would show up? it would show up big above your name
what about if someone wispers to you? if someone wispers to you and he can't see your afk it would say that "sorry this player is afk this player didn't resive this massege"

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
dragoon237 wrote:
wornjack wrote:
I feel that the new lvl 58 fire spell quest where you have to kill sothmekhet is too difficult conncidering that nobody else can help you. I thin you should either lower his health to like 5,000 or let people help you.

I just started doing that one and was blown away by howmany life points this dude has. And this is a solo act? I'm starting not to like this game very much anymore. Too many quests that I have to ask for help.
don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have way hard quests but i some how compleat them
look from leve 1 you have easy quests but then it gets harder
i'm angrey at a quest because i can't get the thing i need even if i win a battle and deafeat one of the enemys so i got a break and stared to play another game and then when i'm ready to try it again i try to do it again
you don't have to just call for friends you can do:
1. a break
2. buy henchmen
3. try it by your self
4. ( if you have at least too ancouments and too computers ) you can bring one of another ancoment's wizard to help ( that's what i do most of the times )
5. if at least one of your known friends play wizard101 try to ask them if they can help you

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
We should be able to make seven characters so if we want we can have one character for each school

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Alright, I got another smashing great idea!

The inspiration came from a scene that happened just now, when I joined a fight and was met with "why did you join, i'm dying". My reply was "cause you didn't say so earlier". It was true that I had no way of telling if he wasn't good with people joining the fight (and honestly people joining fights at the wrong time could get you killed occasionally), but from his point of view there was no way of telling that I was coming since the battle circle fills up his whole screen. Even if he was able to see me, yelling at people "Don't join" every battle seems like a waste of energy, and perhaps more importantly, makes the yeller look really unfriendly like a big meanie - even if all he wants was not to get killed by the extra mobs.

My suggestion here is to have a checkbox "Enable join", only available to the first player, in other words the team leader, in a fight (the one labelled with the "sun"). By default it's on, so people can join the fight; if the team doesn't want more people joining, then leader unchecks the box and no more people can join this fight. Everyone else in the team should be able to see if the box is checked, probably just greyed out. People teleporting in simply stand in the circle without joining, as well as people walking in. If the box is then checked, of course, all players standing in the circle join.

It seems to me this would solve lots and lots of issues and frustration with the game right now. No more worries that people would come in (or even worse, join and flee) and ruin your fight, also those who love to join (like myself) no longer have to worry about joining an unwelcoming team.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
i think that it would be really cool if wizards are able to trade clothes like hats, armor, boots, ring, atheme, and etc...

Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
Personally, I think Dungeons should not be reset when you leave. Sure, it's OK with me if when you have to start over when you complete it, but not when you're in the middle of one. It's so annoying when my mom tells me to get off in the middle of one, so I have to do the entire thing over again!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I think we should have more teleport buttons. The existing four are fine, but maybe we could do a hard quest in each world to get a new button around the compass to teleport to the commons of that world. Also, along the same line, we could unlock new teleport to location buttons. each one would first be the mark location button, then when you click it, it should ASK you if you want to mark the location. Then, it would transform into the teleport to location button. When you click it, it should ask you if you want to teleport, delete, or cancel. I find it annoying when i accedentally click the teleport to location button, or i click mark location button and delete the old one that i needed, and now have to go all the way back.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
monsterconster101 wrote:
i think that crowns should only be charged to non-members only and members pay gold only

If crowns were charged to non-members only than w101 wouldn't get any money :D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
i think that wiz city should be free to those who cant pay. and for the rest of the worlds those who have membership and that can pay should be aloud to pay

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I would agree with meganprall in the fact that all of WC should be free, and the other worlds require a subscription.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
Number 4 is soo true i had menu chat for a while and i felt annoyed then becuase i couldnt see what their saying but anyways now i have text chat and i have many!! friends with menu so many of them port to me when i am about done with the battle ect. And i cant say "hey" durning the battle and when they need life cause their dead I need the option to say "Sorry i life dont have spells" Plus i can get real annoyed with their "yeses" "nos" such as they fizzle .... "No!" i wish i can tell the please keep quite. Please if they are 10 and older give them text chat! o and i have friends with menu chat that are subscribers and i know that if your one then you can make your person talk but some kids dont know that so please give them an automatic button that turns it on and if the parents dont like it they can turn it off :)

Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
I think there should be a 'Spiritual Hydra' Spell Card where it damages not Fire, Ice, and Storm, but instead Life, Death, and Myth; 325 each in one turn. I mean 325 Life, 325 Death, and 325 Myth; 6 pips, Balance card.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
To the kids that think WC should be free i would have to disagree because then it would allow kids to to feel "Free" and what i mean is they may feel that they got enough places to go and things to fight and if they think that then the more likey they will not want to pay for they rest and if they dont pay for the rest then Kingsisle wont get enough money and no money mean ....... they shut down wizard101 soooooo what i say is give them an option between the olde town places to pick soo say i pick firecat alley and so their all i got is firecat alley and that it you cant create another person and choose Cyclops Lane so some kids would get bored of firecat and would bang themselves up for choosing that and want to make themselves a subscriber and never vistit it again and this makes it more optional and feel free but not totally and ....... i believe crowns payers should not have to spend money on dungeons! :) :D

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
i think that it is wrong to pay for dungeons i mean you already paid for like cyclops lane firecat alley and on and on and on well anyways i think all dungeons should be free because i mean what if a dungeon is in a place you just bought and you out of crowns i mean like that isnt even fair like sunken city and krokopatra thats in the tomb of storms!!!!!!!!!!
i had to but that so i decided i just gonna stick with subscription for now on but i only get subscription for gift cards because my parents wont let me :(
well cya

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Well, otmis, not to be rude, but i dont think it is just "kids" who think it should be free, I included. You may think i am just nitpicking, but there are actually a lot of older players, also.

Defender
May 05, 2010
Like skills like gardening,pets maybe you should add a another thing, Brewing potions. Instead of buying them you can make them

Here are some ideas .

Speed potion +60% speed for 2 hours

Critical rate potion +10% to every atribute critical rate for 1hr. lvl 50+ only

Battle potion +10 to defence and attack lvl35+ only 1hr.

Defender
May 05, 2010
They should really make a place where you can test spells and stuff. Your spells in the test area are 0 pips. You can pick your dummy's atribute and the dummy always passes and has infinite health unless you leave the area.
The test area should be at the Pvp arena.

Defender
May 05, 2010
10sparkle10 wrote:
Twilightgurl45 wrote:
Ok First I do agree that we should have the choice to go into battles and not be sucked into them.

Second I think that there should be a regeants shop because I have been trying to find scrap iron everywhere and that just isnt happening which annoyes me a lot!

Third this one is just something minor but I think that wizards should be able to change there hair color into something cool and different like assorted colors or highlights. Oh and I think that the hats on wizard 101 should be optional to wear.

Fourth mounts should only be 1500, or 1000!!!

Fifth I have a hard time finding other quests because I jump around and dont go in order like a lot of other wizards do so I think on the map or something there should be an exclamation point showing where you can find quests without having to run around searching everywhere.

Sixth HOUSES ARE WAYYYYYY TO EXPENSIVE ESPECIALLY SCHOOL HOUSES IF YOUR NOT BUYING THEM IN CROWNS AT LEAST TAKE ONE ZERO OFF THE GOLD PRICE!

Hope you change the things I told you about. I LOVE WIZARD 101

I agree with everything. Especially the second one about the regeants shop. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for scrap iron, that its getting annoying. And I have something to add to the third one. We should also be able to change the hair style.

You can get reagents at bazaar you know.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I love wizard 101, but i think it would be amazing if the loading problem was GONE. When my computer tells me that the game has finished loading and is ready to be played, I assume that it's not suddenly going to tell me when I hit play that it isn't, in fact, ready for me to play and that I have to wait another ten minutes! Please don't tell me that I can play when it won't let me!

-Jasmine Bluedust, level 20 ice wizard