I'm Harold Argleston. While I'm usually in the Library in Ravenwood, I do like to read what our players post in the Dorms section of the Message Boards. The Dorms are for all your ideas for Wizard101.
You may also know me from the monthly newsletter, where I tell students about books they can read that are appropriate for younger readers, and that resemble areas of Wizard101. . The Dorms is for ideas about Wizard101, such as ideas for new pets, spells or anything else your imagination can conjure.
i think there should be a new world after celestia where depending on each school of magic the world becomes that one like for example: level sixty storm now has to help protect his home world of stormfront (name is an idea) from evil myth creatures trying to destroy storm to become the dominant school of magic and you have to protect it. For balance since it has many boost added to it balance can choose which place they wish to assist in the crisis but only one world to assist not multiple.
The opposing schools would face creatures and STUDENTS who chose to fight against the enemy or be a part of the army of that school whil another army protects the home world I think this would almost create a more free pvp but the world never blow up if you are in the protection army or fighting because then it wouldnt be fun.
i hope you take this idea into consideration and put it into action
I think that this year, KI's decorating of The Commons is very weak! I have a few ideas, and wanted to share them! They could freeze over the pond, and maybe some other water parts in the Commons. They could make it snowy on the ground. It would be neat to have snow falling from the sky. There is a little kid's learning games website, called JumpStart, that did a better job at decorating then KI did. I think that if KI can create Celestia (which is epic), then they should be able to decorate The Commons a little better.
hello its me again and i just couldn't help this back but i think you should make a centaur pet or even better a mount hey i you agree with me respond to tis and maybe you w101 guys will make it. it would be the coolest mount you can ever make o at leat how you gave us wings give us horse legs so we are the centaur. now that would be cool. cya later
Blake Iceblade lvl 60 (you can tell by the name) Blake Moonbreath lvl 60 (ice) Blake Stormblade lvl 60 (you can tell by the name) Blake Fireblade lvl 60 (you can tell by the name) Blake Deathblade lvl 60 (you can tell by the name) Blake Lifeblade lvl 60 (you can tell by the name)
I would like to see noob support, an online person that can help noobs out and that noobs know who they need to speak with. Wizards 101 does have allot of help but not by a real online person. I have played other online games (non as good as W101) and some had more advanced players that agreed to be an online staff member (for free)that helped people out. They could also help out in tougher battles if they chose to but they mainly just answer questions and direct players to the right areas. Would have to stay mostly in the Wizard City area while being an online staff support person.
alright, here is my idea. Every month or so you should be able to xhange what your character looks like. I've grown my hair out much longer than my wizard(he has very short hair), I made my character when I was NINE so he was messed up robes, and my skin is a lot darker now. and if you've had you account over a year you can change it anytime but only once.
I think there should be amulets for Forest Lord, Skeletal Dragon, Snow Angel, and Ra. I am a fire wizard so i can learn genie, but i really want to learn these spells to. I really dont like making other characters because i have to start all over from level 1 and i have no friends. Please add these amulets to the bazaar, crown shop, or any other desired shop. I dont care how much gold or crowns these amulets will cost but please add then somewhere. But if you do add them somewhere, dont make it say something like DEATH SCHOOL ONLY or ICE SCHOOL ONLY. Thanks
Hi I was Just thinking it would be cool if we could interact with are housing items Like if we could sit on a sofa or light a fireplace even grab a tomato out of the bowl or eat a slice of cake also if we could jump on/over things i find myself wanting to jump over fences in wizard city alot i have also tried to jump in the fountain at my house to get in the water lol i think it would make it easier to get realy into the game without getting bored. also if are pets/mounts could grow in size that would be pretty cool. if there were more leisure places in the game that would be cool too like a place you could go to hangout with other wizards or something. I would love too see any of these ideas added to the game. :) :-) :D
I love the idea and think the same thing :) :-) :D
Have yo ever had unfinished quest that you have just lost interest in or are past it and will not be worth you time to complete? Well I have We should press the people at Kings Isle and tell them we want a feature to delete those unwanted quest. Please tell me what you guys think I would DEFIANTLY want this option. :P :D :D :D :? :? :? 8) 8) 8)
I think that now that we can take care of our plants, I think we should have a warning come up that our plants need something. Like if your professor wants you to learn a new spell, the picture of them comes up on one side, you click on it an it tells you that he/she wants to see you. I think the same idea would work with the plants. If our plants need something, then we get a circle on one side that has the picture of a plant in it. Then you click on it and it says, your plant needs ________ and ___________. Then we don't have to keep going to our dorms or castles to check on them! OMG I NEED TO CHECK ON MY PLANTS!!!!!!!!
1) I wouldnt mind a pet getting some expeience while it is engaged in battle. It could be a small portion of the experience but the more you battle with them, the more they should be learning.
2) I also wouldnt mind seeing a place in the Practice PVP where wizards could battle certain type of enemies that they see in certain worlds. They dont get any benefit besides getting to know the enemy better. They cant battle the enemy until they are able to travel to that world by themselves.
3) Maybe in the future, let the wizards (certain levels only) open shops and start selling items that they can make with a cap price on each item to keep inflation down.
i think that insted of being sucked right into battles. you should be able to just choose if you want to fight them. and you get a message that tells you you have to fight them to get somewhere.if its a fight for a quest or to get to a boss. i cant stand being pulled into battles
I hate when that happens.1 second i'm talking with my friend and all of a sudden i'm fighting a monster!
Best Idea ever! Since times are economically tough and it's hard to pay cash for crowns or membership. So, to lower costs, how about you sell treasure card booster packs in stores. I mean think about it. you could redeem them ingame with a code or something for treasure cards.
Great idea,but we really need to do is get higer ranking spells for every school.
My first suggestion is the most important one I have.
1. Once you hit level 60, the experience bar simply says MAX. As a result, I stopped exploring Celestia despite only having made it halfway through, for fear that I would have been denied all future exp from celestia quests(since I'm sure the level cap will go up again one day), and forever since quests never come back once you've done them. This is bad because I do want to explore more dungeons and see the ending in Celestia!
My proposed solution: Record all the extra exp. Instead of "MAX", it should read "MAX + 15876" if your experience points exceed what's needed for the level cap (level 60) by 15876 points. When another expansion comes out in the future, these exp points simply get converted into the 61st, 62nd levels, and so on.
This way, the second half of Celestia would not go unexplored by any Legendary wizards.
2. The pet games start to feel a bit too tedious for me. It's like I have 53 energy, of course I feel like playing 26 games in a row to maximize my gain (with basic snacks, enough to get a pet up to teens); on the other hand, I almost feel nauseated playing these pet games. They're repetitive, they demand your total attention while involving little to no skill, and they isolate you from one of the greatest pull of mmo's: being able to chat and interact with other players. Leveling from baby to adult takes about 75 games (with basic snacks), that's about 3 hours of gameplay. I sure wouldn't mind spending 3 hours casting epic spells and taking on mobs and bosses and chatting with other people; spending 3 hours repeating the arrows appearing on the screen, or navigate thru the same maze over and over again? Blech.
I'm not saying that it's unfair, or that it doesn't demand player dedication. What I want to say is that it is unfun, and I believe the addition of this system have not change the game for the better, both because of the sheer amount of repetition and the nature of the pet games.
Possible ideas: - Tweak the numbers. Make it cost a bit more energy to play the pet games (maybe 4 energy per game at baby, instead of 2) while increasing the rewards by a little bit (from 4 currently to 5 or 6 points per game). You will no longer be able to grind a baby pet to an adult for many hours in one day, but in the long run you spend less time on the minigames, and more time on the actual good stuff, such as being whacked by Jade Oni.
- More avenues for the pets to gain exp, so it's not the same four minigames always. Pet derby seems to me like the most natural option; you earn both arena tickets and pet experience. Pet gaining experience with you in battle sounds reasonable as well, though it should be limited to 1 exp per battle or less (that is, 1xp but only sometimes), so that the pet games still level them faster.
- Keep an eye on the average length of each minigame, since this matters when the game has to be repeated 50 times. It seems to me the dance game is the fastest (and thus, the only pet game I play), and the maze game is the longest. Longer game should give more reward in general.
- Make some multiplayer pet games and/or make some pet games multiplayer, both with chat enabled. Being able to chat and interact, at least, makes tedious minigames that much less tedious after all.
3. I also want to comment on the "first team edge" problem encountered mostly in pvp. One thing needs to be pointed out here; the advantage that the first team have over the second team is much larger than the first player advantage in games such as chess, go, and Magic: the Gathering, despite looking similar. In all these other games, going first would mean only having one more move overall (more precisely, half a move ahead); in Wizard 101, aside from this (small) half-a-move advantage, there's also the much bigger "I can catch you off guard randomly with Tower Shields while you could never because you go second" advantage.
The closest analogy I can think of is Pokemon battle, for anyone who has played the games. Each turn both players choose a move, one player moves first, then the other player moves. In Pokemon games, who goes first is determined by which Pokemon has a higher Speed stat. Competitive Pokemon players know that Speed is one of the two most important stats in the game (the other being either Attack stat). But what's good about Pokemon is, at least they make you work for it and want to have a good Speed stat (probably sacrificing other stats in the process), instead of handing the most decisive advantage to a random player every game.
And so here comes my suggestion:
- Add a standalone Speed stat, and make equipments that modify it. Assign Speed stats to all enemies. Speed should determine which team goes first, or how often a team goes first. - One possible way (Pokemon style) is to have the team with higher average Speed always go first. The disadvantage here is: it seems like there would be no reason to have a mediocre Speed; you either go max Speed and aim to always go first, or you forgo Speed and win with the superior other stats. - Also possible is to use the Speed difference between the teams to assign probability of a team going first. Maybe if your team has 2 more Speed points on average than theirs, you always go first; 1 more, you go first with 75% chance each turn; equal, then it's 50-50, and so on. This makes the game fair and interesting, though there was one change: it's now possible for a player to get two turns in a row, by going second in a turn then going first in the next. Will this have devastating effect on the opponent, or will the effect turn out to be negligible? (My bet is on the latter, since I don't think it gets much worse than four level 58 spells in a row) I do believe it deserves some playtesting.
One simpler implementation of this last suggestion, without mentioning of the Speed stat, would be just give 50-50 chance; each team has a 50% chance of going first each turn.
Plz plz plz as a balance wizard i am begging for two things to glamore up the balance wizard stuff.every other school can actually go to the paint shop and get there school colors but For balance it is Tan and maroon, maroon is a red so that is there but what about tan?And Plz plz make a better balance house the one you currently have does not have a special feature like the others and it looks dry and disstastfull when i previewed it the real estate agent said she had a hard time selling the house you know why because it is unapealing why do you guys not favor or add a unique feater to the art of balance it kinda dissapoints me and hurts the fealings of balance wizards everywhere
Wizard101, i have seen my friends, and I in the game annoyed by too small of a backpack space, we are farming the last Celestia dungeon, for example, and we go to sell what we got, and we have to go back and forth between our dorm (house), just to sell everything, also i think we should be able to place more objects in houses, because what if it is just a bunch of chopsticks, barely anything seen, and full already, also, i think we should be able to dye our hair in the game, i have silver hair, but now i dress my wizard in black and white, and i don't want silver hair, or i also multiple color, it makes it annoying when people say, your old because of my silver hair, i know they are joking, of course, but i just think that, and your beginning clothes, and last but not least, my idea for class mounts, i think there should be class mounts, for example:ice, ice wyvern, I have put something like this on Facebook, and it quickly started to be liked, so i think that these ideas would be liked in the Wizard101 game, Tyler Storm Smith, Level 52 Balance. Thank you for your time. (sorry for the long paragraph, lots of ideas. Please tell me what you think.)
i think in the empty buildings in wizard city should become restraunts for wizards or hang out areas and they can recharge their lifes in there or meet other people and gain more friends also they could be blowling alleys to win gold or prizes. The buildings look to empty they should be used for something. it would be greatly appreciated :)
ideas on empty buildings in wizard city! making them stores from different worlds or making it a place where your wizard could recharge their lifes and gain gold at the same time by making them into a bowling alley restraunt or a game section .. also making it snow in wizard city and creating a place where you can snowball fight with your friends. making more christmas decorations like christmas lights christmas trees and making it SNOW! also...new clothes i think guys have better clothes style then girls..and low level should have a more variety of clothes.new mounts and styling them how you want them to look also the empty buildings should become a hair salon where you can style your wizards hair and dye their color/eyes etc. would be greaty appreciated :-)