Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Dorms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
rblman231 wrote:
i think they should come out with more areas, spells, schools and also higher max level... after you hit grandmaster there isnt much else to do besides farming for the best items, pvp matches and derby races in the pet pavillion
me to

Survivor
May 22, 2010
troybtxn wrote:
i think that in marlebone they should make a sidewalk that actually works. too many times i have been forcefully sucked into a battle while i was still on the sidewalk. it takes up the little time that i do have on this game and its just plain annoying.

that wouldn't work because THERE WASN'T A SIDEWALK IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Wow. This might be the most constructive message board I have read yet. Love the new ideas. I admit to skipping a few pages (time is short when I have so much laundry to do), but I would like to add a few of my own.

1. Mounts - Make them a little easier to obtain. Let bosses drop say only a 20% speed boost mount. Be able to mix them in much the same way as pets. Combine 2 20% mounts to make one faster mount. Only each time, only add 5% speed or so up to the max of the current 'crowns' mounts. Allow a litte customization. I know random mixing would be a disaster, the models and such would be a resource hog, but maybe just allow coloring variations? Maybe crossing a white pony and a red dragon could give you a pink dragon? I also liked the idea of having to find parts for stuff. Maybe have an all new mount, say a griffon, and you have to find all the parts of a griffon statue and take it to one NPC to have it assembled, and then maybe to Lady Oriel to have it enchanted to life.

2. Pets - When pets are so infernal expensive to cross breed and fail to get hybrids so often, I think the players should be allowed to resell them in someway, or trade them. Maybe trade one in for a mega snack pack, or a couple pet energy refill potions. When the pet breeding first came out, I was under the impression that any 2 pets had a chance of creating a hybrid, not just school and promo pets, so I wasted all my money crossing a wraith and a piggle, hoping for a death pig. It would be nice if I could use those worthless piggles I ended up with to get something since I spent 187,000g trying to 'mix' the two. My own mistake, I know, but the details were incomplete and vague at best. I also think pets should be allowed back in the bazaar. When a low level ice wizzie really, really wanted an ice serpent, I enjoyed being able to tell them I was dropping one in bazaar and giving them at least the sliver of a chance to snag it.

3. Trading - I WISH-wish-wish the game allowed trading of at least something besides cards. When I am helping a level 38 fire wiz in Crimson Fields and I get Yakedo's fire hat, I would dearly love to be able to give it to them.

4. Quest helper/tracking - YES! I agree, this has been stated, but there should be a way to see, on the map, who has quests for us and who doesn't, or have a full log of all quests that we can access to see where to go to take them. I had several quests I had already done, show up as incomplete after Celestia came online, and only stumbled upon them by accident when helping a lower leveled character.

5. Rare reagents - Every one of us has felt the frustration of trying to find rare reagents. I spent a month trying to get my black pearls (before the trasmutes were introduced), and only got 6. My connection speed insured I could never get one in bazaar, and I often sat by a black lotus waiting for my little box to load so I could gather it, just to have a realm jumper on a fast mount zip up and steal it from under my nose. Allow rare drops from enemies. Have Oni's drop pearls, the bosses in the 3 museum towers of MB could drop springs, any number of bosses on DS could drop diamonds, etc... I know the transmutes help, but even Black Lotus are not that common, and to need a bushel of them to make 1 pearl? I would rather farm bosses then run around MS for hours to get a few flowers.

6. Interactive housing items- Enough said on this one, I just want to add my 'thumbs-up'.

7. Decor - I have not gotten any decor item drops on Celestia, nor seen any in Bazaar. Are there any Celestia themed items that can be found as drops? I am totally addicted to decor, as is my son, and would love to maybe be able to buy-craft an aquarium and collect little fish/aquatic pets to put in it. We could feed them snacks and they could grow (to some extent). Maybe allow a max number of fish per aquarium, but also allow us to decorate it. "Fishbowl - Fancy Guppy", "Fishbowl-Red Crab", "Fish-bowl-Purple Coral", you get the idea? Maybe when a fish is full grown, you could sell it for 1 crown. If you can only have 5 fish, and it takes them a month to grow, are you really losing anything by allowing a person a max of 5 crowns a month? I think most people quit playing before they could ever afford to buy anything with only 5 crowns a month.

8. Costumes - If there is anything I enjoy more then pets in MMO's, it is costumes. Keep the stats of your current armors. The costumes would be a 'skin' only, no boosts, no stats. Maybe add some reagents, like fabric, thread, buttons, dye, needles, to the regular monster drops. But don't have any recipes. Instead, you have to trade a full set of these to the seamstress and she could give you some 'Returned order' for your helpfulness and you get a random constume piece. (Can you tell I like random stuff too?). Make the costume pieces sellable in bazaar. Maybe have animal costumes, or dress like NPC's, or holiday. And no, the dresses do not have to be indecently short. I can't stand that Allow costume wings, like butterfly wings, or costume capes. Costume weapons maybe? All the firepower of the new Celestia wands, but looks like Tinkerbell's wand. :-)

9. Pet clothing - Since the abilites in the new pets are so very dissapointing, how about letting us customize them just a bit? Pet gems. Very minimal boosts (so don't start crying UNFAIR IN PVP at me), but something a little more helpful in battle then letting my pet 'block the next lane for 3 seconds' type garbage. I don't do pet derby, if pets are going to be helpers, let them help in battle, where I think the majority of players could use it. Don't allow it in PVP. For example, Stormzilla's Gemmed collar which has a gem for 1% def from spells, one for +1% atk on life spells, and one for a 5% chance of randonly casting tower shield on you in battle, (yes, I picked randomly on purpose, like all the pet abilities) has to be taken off at the PVP gate. Make the gems a random reward for leveling a pet up (so you actually have to work for them), and tradeable between pets, but not between wizards. So you can't give a beefed up Wraith pet with his begemmed scythe to your new level 1 death noob, but if you have a myth sprite and an Ice serpent and the Myth sprite gets an ice accuracy boost, you can give it to the ice serpent. And all pet clothing would be left behind once pets went into the shared bank.

10. Collections - I like collecting stuff. As an item in our homes, we could have a display for some type of collection. Again with the interactive homes theme? Yup. Collect butterflies on Mooshu? Shells on Celestia? Gems on Dragonspire? Etc... Have a display case where you need, say.... 12 items to complete your collection. Make them a random drop from any enemy since there is no real reward for it and you can avoid the problem with people 'camping out' on a particular monster. Don't make it too hard/expensive to complete the collections. When you get one, you would 'interect' with the display case in your home to insert the new item. Such as "use X button to add to your collection","Add Amethyst to your gem Collection (yes/no)". Click yes, and that empty spot now has a purple sparkly in it.

11. Help Wanted board - Allow wizards to ask for help. Make it viable only if they are online at the time and in the area they seek help with. Help wanted board listing - "Help, I need some assistance fighting Kraysys on DS, and I have tried to solo hium but keep dying! Can someone help me?". 'Do you wish to take this job? (yes/no)', click yes and teleport to the person seeking assistance. They can specify a level range for their help when posting or have it automatically assign an allowed helper range, but can not decline because you are death and they only want help from a life wizard. Beggars can't be choosers, but we don't want to send them a level 8 noob either.

12. Daily quests - Generate a level appropriate random daily quest for each player. Has to be completed that day, no stacking.

13. Pet jobs - Once a day, use ALL your pet energy to look for a rare item in the Spiral. Maybe get a hint, maybe not. If you find the item, swell, you get to keep it. If not, your pet brings back something else. "You pet did not find the wand/ring/pet, but did find these cattails. Keep them? (yes/no)".

14. Earn crowns - Yes, it has been said, I am agreeing. There needs to be a way to earn in-game crowns. Seriously KI. I play a couple completely free, full access games that rock. The only thing I didn't like about them is needing a party to finish quests. I am a soloist. Well, guess what you went and did? The same thing. Celestia is brutal unless youb have a full party. Only I am supposed to pay for that kind of frustation here when I can get it for free somewhere else? Hmmm. And those games allow premium shop items to be auctioned/traded for in-game gold, so I can still get the premium stuff without spending my money. Do I spend money on them? Yes, more than I spend here, because I don't feel like I HAVE to. I spend more with out being forced into it. Odd concept huh? It's called stubborn. I doubt I am the only human with that trait. Don't greed yourselves into oblivion. Loosen the purse strings a little.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
I have a School House, but decided on a new character. It would be nice to give my house to my new character. That way I dont have to but another. It would get expensive if I switch again.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
I think you should let people send in maybe pictures and writing about say a new world they created, and they should be able to showcase the design of the new world to other wizards. i mean you guys could pick out the top 10 ideas that you and your team like. and then us as wizards should be able to vote what we want :D so the wizard101 could have a creative contest to make a world..... I love all your creations but celestia seems like dragonspire and kinda is boring, well for me anyway. So if you let us wizards see and vote for what we want. we could be able to expect it.And for the winner i am sure they would be happy about there own world brought to life! HOW AWESOME :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hope you guys have a think about this i am sure it would make this game even more fun
you could even only do it once and then thats it. But thats all up to you
thanks for reading.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
I love your story lines! but you never see much more action, when cyrus was zapped by malistare it didnt really make me feel like OH MY GOSH! it made me feel like oh bye bye cyrus. I am not saying you guys are not good with action. All i would like is for when you face the next end boss that spider lady she should zap and miss or something. maybe attack a main charicter if there is one in the next end boss

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
i do not know about other people but i would love to be able to put the swords i get from bosses on my walls in my house. even if there was a set # i would love that. 8)

Survivor
May 05, 2009
I seem to think as well as that world contest. there should be a spell contest so say people put there name on top of asome paper, then draw a picrture of a spell give it a name and put how much damage there is. And if you like one it would be very good for a winner from each school to have there spell made!
I say all this contest stuff because i think that us as players should be more involved in the creation of the game. so we really can feel apart of the creation not just watchin random stuff come to the game.
Wizard101 could really do with some more player choices. They are so cool what you decide to do with the game. But some people have some really good ideas for new worlds new clothing new spells i have seen sine if them myself, and i think with the okayers ideas as well as the kingsile teams ideas wizard101 would seem more better than it already is

thanks for reading and comment if there is something you want to know

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
What i would like is so some new names added the game such as: Callum(Male), Spyro(i like Spyro and many people do too and it gives the name a magical feel for the lover of that name), Fantasy (Girl name or pet name) I can think of many more just i love those 3 names and they don't break any rules but people who like them as well cant get them :( hope you consider it. :)

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
It would be nice if you could rename your deck after you purchase it.
I'm a ice/death wizard. I currently use 4 decks, all the same, but for different purposes.
To make things easier and avoid confusion and mistakes, i think it would be better if we had the ability to rename our deck for what they are used for.

Thank you
Xenomon

Mastermind
Jun 30, 2009
Harold,

In regards to the questing in Wizard City and beyond, when any wizard has completed a quest, like opening four of the cages to save the corrupt fairies, and locking Rattlebones in Delia's tower after defeating him, doesn't remove all the cages or turn the Dark Fairies and the Queens back to good ones.

Like the Golem Tower, the quest that Grendel gives in order to make the magic armor could be also placed in a tower. And speaking of her quest, most people are near level 15 and about ready to move on to Krokotopia. Is there any way that the quest could result in level 15, instead of 10?

I am told that I have saved Wizard City, but when I go back into areas, the monsters are still there. One other thing, I am surprised that the old Bazaar tower isn't offered to the student as a reward to completing Sgt. Muldoon's request in removing the ghost near Ceren, that opens up the next three streets.

Tanner Dunedust, Level 17 Balance Wizard

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I think there should be a family castle that all the accounts on the family account can share and remodel.

Explorer
May 25, 2009
inowhatilik wrote:
I would love to see the characters make different gestures that are not chosen from emotes. It gets boring to see them just stand there and do a little arm gesture when they talk. It would be great if each school or each person created could choose a little more personality for their character. Like taking off their hat, or moving their legs, some kind of hand gesture, wiping off the clothes, checking the wand, and so forth. If you could choose a particular personality, then your character would be assigned particular gestures other than the ones used in EMOTES, which also are not enough.

More choices of comments need to be added to mute players. Like if someone as you to help them. A reply of "give me a few minutes" would be good. Also, some to the corny things like "we can do this" is so old. Update the choices there.
It would be nice to have a taylor for clothing at each level, like the lady Gloria Krendall I think outside the bazaar that sends you on the quest for items to make a suit of clothes for you, which sucks also. Those clothes are already outdated and not advanced enough by the time you get the quest to do it.

Give us some new house choices. They have all been chosen again and again. Cant we get some different kind for each world.

It would be nice to see a new type to animal to ride. Like a mini elephant that you can choose a color for. Also a krock pulling a mini chariot would be soooooooooooo cool! Or an old model motorcycle with a side car for your pet for Marleybone since you have the old model car there. Get rid of some of the brooms, they are old news.

i agree :-) :-) :-)

Explorer
May 25, 2009
ok here we go i would like that we could at least have a secret world you can only do when your any lvl and you get the quest in wizardcity you can put it to easy, hard or medium and you get lots of cool stuff if you put hard or medium small you'll get like 2 3 or 4 things and you get everything for medium hard is for everything so i'd pick that and could you have battles medium hard or easy ( it really depends on what lvl you are but celestia you cant do that! ) I'll probably post more or something :) laterz!

:-o :-o :-) :-) :D :D :) :) :) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Taylor DaisyStone
Fire
level 42!

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
monsterconster101 wrote:
i think that crowns should only be charged to non-members only and members pay gold only

agreed

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Why does the storm school teacher get all special/storyline quests? Give life a chance!
Moolinda misses her sister that cut ties with her years ago; her twin Belinda. She wants you to contact her for her. She tells you that she remembers that Belinda’s best friend was the emperor of Mooshu. The player talks to the emperor and discovers that Belinda was angered by something he had said last week and ran and broke all of his bell towers. Then ‘RIPPPPP’ they both run outside to see what happened. In place of the moodha statue there is a large black portal. The player reluntantly enters and finds a Belinda that has been corrupted by the evil Morganthine.

Location – Mooshu, Jade Palace, Portal, Time rift
Name – Belinda Wu
School - Death
Purpose – Spiral key search
Rank – 11
Appearance – Like Moolinda Wu but death colors (black, grey, dark green and dark purple)
Weak to – Life (55%)
Resist to – All schools (5% + additional 60% to death)
Health – 8000
Spells – Death (all) Star (Fortify and Amplify) Ice (up to Frost Giant) Life (Satyr, Dryad, Sprite)
Meeting Speech – Morganthine “You think I will just hand you the key to [world’s name here]. I won’t! Show them Belinda!”
Belinda “So, Moolinda sent you, huh? I will finish you like I wish I had done to her years ago!”
Defeat speech - *returns to normal Moolinda looking state* “Who are you? Where am I?. you explain to her that Moolinda sent you and that she hadn’t seen her in years. Belinda – What? I talked to her yesterday! That evil must’ve had me under its power for quite some time. Thank you for freeing me young wizard.” Then they find the spiral key.
Minion – Basic creature from that world (IE lost soul for wizard city)
After defeat talk to merle and as a reward get a set amount of EXP and gold. Also receive a school exclusive pet.
Since there are 7 schools and 7 worlds I think that each school should be designated a world and the pet reward for that school should represent that world.
For example:
Storm – Celestia – crustacean clawcutter pet – pedigree 62
Ice - Grizzleheim – Grendel – pedigree 62
Fire – Dragonspyre – Draconian – pedigree 62
Death – Wizard City – Scarecrow – pedigree 62
Myth – Marleybone – any type of cat – pedigree 62
Life – Mooshu – treant (I know there is a treant looking hybrid but other mooshu creatures have pet forms already as well, perhaps a monk or cow) – pedigree 62
Balance – Krokotopia - Nirini Scout – pedigree 62
Just an example, perhaps instead make pets of level 58 spells like you did with level 48 spells.
This may be a little off-topic, but; if you don’t think it will make the game a little too easy, I would like to see this in a future world. I tried to get the ianthine spectre by fighting the Gurtok Dermon 5 times a day for a month and a half and I never got it. I was pleased that you added it to the crowns shop, but what about pets that don’t give cards at baby like Icewing (which I also farmed nightwing for). I was thinking that maybe pet drops like these could be put in a special secret shop for a moderate gold price. That could be a ‘real’ job for Sir Reginald Baxby, after all, he is a hunter.

I hope you realize the amount of time and thought I put into this and consider it for a future update. Also, I enjoy voicing my opinion so don’t expect this to be my last idea/suggestion. Also anyone but KingIsle please dont take my idea because i worked very hard on it. Thank You.

Sincerely, Richard Swiftstrider
Level 59 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
nalaboo171 wrote:
I think that it would be wonderful if they had a new pet called Wyldfire Rabbit. It could be like a Fire cat, only a rabbit. The rabbit could be flaming, and give the card Wyldfire ( 25% to all fire spells ). I think it would be a hit, and everyone would want one. Its a flaming rabbit, who wouldn't? Hope this helped, Molly Starmender, Fire, lvl 27 :D

Cool idea, I personally would like a moon that follows me around but i turns into a gobbler then back into a moon, gobble, moon, gobbler, etc...

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
RedWolff wrote:
I posted an idea about pets under the PET thing instead of the dorms. Does that mean that its not going to appear? It was pretty long and i'd hate to re type it all

Aaron FireStone lvl 49 Pyromancer

then just copy and paste... 8)

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
monsterconster101 wrote:
i think that there shoud be a person in each world that you can talk to (like prospecter zeke) to redeem training points at the cost of gold.
ye buying traing points by gold now that is cool

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
monsterconster101 wrote:
i think that crowns should only be charged to non-members only and members pay gold only
ye!!

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Marioeagle506 wrote:
I think they should make wisps that fill up your pet energy because when it says it refills it give one energy at a time!

Yes they should because it just takes WAY to long

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
whizbrain wrote:
monsterconster101 wrote:
i think that there shoud be a person in each world that you can talk to (like prospecter zeke) to redeem training points at the cost of gold.

? Do you mean get your training points back then I say yes, but to buy more i would say no it would give grand masters unfair pvp advantages think about it.
you think about it too because you can quicker go to ather worlds and quickly be a grand

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Marioeagle506 wrote:
I think they should make wisps that fill up your pet energy because when it says it refills it give one energy at a time!

good idea because it refills one at a long time or you can refill by spending crowns

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
well i think that every house should have a dule area because in arena there are lots of wizards and you got to wait for a battle or in the ranked match its ramdon who you fight because there is only one way to join if you want to do teamwork.
if there is a dule in the house you can invite people to fight ( practise or ranked )

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
Ideas I have

Pets:
How about they get some experience when ever they help in battle it does not have to be much I would settle for a point or two, If I do that maze game one more time
I can deal with the way mixing is and the cost of hatching if I could level it faster

Pet skills I am not asking to know what they are, but when we level them could we possibly choose between the two columns? Pick if we want a Derby talent or not, you could make it that if the pet does not have derby talents it can not race

Also for training points what about an option to buy them back one at a time, in the opposite order you bought them

The Mounts could we possibly dye the Saddles and Bridles?

That is all for now thanks for reading