Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Dorms

AuthorMessage
Developer
I'm Harold Argleston. While I'm usually in the Library in Ravenwood Commons, I do like to read what our players post in the Dorms section of the Message Boards. The Dorms are for all your ideas for Wizard101.

Player to player item trading of any kind, and guilds/clans are not and will not be a part of Wizard101. Posts about these subjects will not be approved.

Each section of the message boards is intended for different discussions so make sure you post in the right area.
Ravenwood Commons is for general questions about Wizard101, such as how things work.
Halston's Lab is for technical questions about Wizard101, such as logging in, account questions, glitches and bugs.
The Dorms is for ideas about Wizard101, such as ideas for new pets, spells or anything else your imagination can conjure.
Crafting is for questions and answers about Crafting.
Pets is for questions and answers about the Pet Pavilion and raising and hatching your pets.
Player vs Player is for questions and answers about the Arena, and Player vs Player combat.
Wizard City is for questions about your adventures in Wizard City.
Grizzleheim is for questions about your adventures in Grizzleheim.
Krokotopia is for questions about your adventures in Krokotopia.
Marleybone is for questions about your adventures in Marleybone.
MooShu is for questions about your adventures in MooShu.
Dragonspyre is for questions about your adventures in Dragonspyre.

Remember to read the Code of Conduct before you post, which can be found here:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/codeofconduct

Knowledge is power.

Knowledge is power.
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
i think that insted of being sucked right into battles. you should be able to just choose if you want to fight them. and you get a message that tells you you have to fight them to get somewhere.if its a fight for a quest or to get to a boss. i cant stand being pulled into battles

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
i think that there shoud be a person in each world that you can talk to (like prospecter zeke) to redeem training points at the cost of gold.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
i think that crowns should only be charged to non-members only and members pay gold only

Survivor
May 30, 2009
johnjohnhawk5 wrote:
i think that insted of being sucked right into battles. you should be able to just choose if you want to fight them. and you get a message that tells you you have to fight them to get somewhere.if its a fight for a quest or to get to a boss. i cant stand being pulled into battles

I say yes & no to that. Yes if you have to face that monster on a quest
No if you do not have to do a quest involving that monster. Would help on Dr. Von Katzensteins lab. Tight space i tell ya Tight space.....

Survivor
May 30, 2009
monsterconster101 wrote:
i think that there shoud be a person in each world that you can talk to (like prospecter zeke) to redeem training points at the cost of gold.

? Do you mean get your training points back then I say yes, but to buy more i would say no it would give grand masters unfair pvp advantages think about it.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
i think they should come out with more areas, spells, schools and also higher max level... after you hit grandmaster there isnt much else to do besides farming for the best items, pvp matches and derby races in the pet pavillion

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
I think they should make wisps that fill up your pet energy because when it says it refills it give one energy at a time!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
i think that in marlebone they should make a sidewalk that actually works. too many times i have been forcefully sucked into a battle while i was still on the sidewalk. it takes up the little time that i do have on this game and its just plain annoying.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
As i've posted before, there really should be an "Away From Keyboard" Button. There's just too much hassle when i'm in battle and I have to leave. Just read my old thread for more details, located at https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/19128.ftl

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
i think it would make the game so much better if you can use your houses furniture so i can sit in my chair for once instead of staring at it

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
Hi I was Just thinking it would be cool if we could interact with are housing items Like if we could sit on a sofa or light a fireplace even grab a tomato out of the bowl or eat a slice of cake also if we could jump on/over things i find myself wanting to jump over fences in wizard city alot i have also tried to jump in the fountain at my house to get in the water lol i think it would make it easier to get realy into the game without getting bored. also if are pets/mounts could grow in size that would be pretty cool. if there were more leisure places in the game that would be cool too like a place you could go to hangout with other wizards or something. I would love too see any of these ideas added to the game. :) :-) :D

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
Could we own more than three houses per charachter please lol i like them all alot and cant decide what i should get for my last one.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
troybtxn wrote:
i think that in marlebone they should make a sidewalk that actually works. too many times i have been forcefully sucked into a battle while i was still on the sidewalk. it takes up the little time that i do have on this game and its just plain annoying.
I agree on that one

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
packers19960 wrote:
i think it would make the game so much better if you can use your houses furniture so i can sit in my chair for once instead of staring at it
i just posted practically the same thing before i saw this

Explorer
May 25, 2009
packers19960 wrote:
i think yes to that idea thats really a good one :D :D :D

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
whizbrain wrote:
johnjohnhawk5 wrote:

I say yes & no to that. Yes if you have to face that monster on a quest
No if you do not have to do a quest involving that monster. Would help on Dr. Von Katzensteins lab. Tight space i tell ya Tight space.....

I think that when you get pulled into a battle there should be an icon that appears that says if you want to be in the battle or not. you can click yes if you do want togo in the battle. if you don't want to be in a battle click no and then you will be able to continue with what you were doing.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
I think it would be awsome if there was a gyphon spell for one of the new schools!

From,
Alexander DragonTamer

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
This maybe a good idea for people who like hatching pets lvl 48n pets should be open to all players example today i saw a wizard who had a tempest hound combination of a stormzilla and orthrus she also had a grimzilla which was a combination of wraith and stormzilla/icezilla/firezilla/etc most player cant get these pets unless they hatch with someone this will also be a good idea for the celebration of the ten million wizard count or for the updates YoursTruely, LV48 Brian Firesword School of fire also catch me on wizard101 central

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
monsterconster101 wrote:
i think that crowns should only be charged to non-members only and members pay gold only

I'm sorry but i don't agree on that one. crowns are too expensive. I wish they would make crown items a little cheaper.

Survivor
May 22, 2010
I think that it would be wonderful if they had a new pet called Wyldfire Rabbit. It could be like a Fire cat, only a rabbit. The rabbit could be flaming, and give the card Wyldfire ( 25% to all fire spells ). I think it would be a hit, and everyone would want one. Its a flaming rabbit, who wouldn't? Hope this helped, Molly Starmender, Fire, lvl 27 :D

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
monsterconster101 wrote:

I agree, or at the very least, paid members should get a substantial discount or a way to convert gold to crowns. I was also thinking, that there could be a series of quests, like the zeke ones, where if you succeed, you get 1 month free membership OR 1000 crowns which would be a major incintive for all players to play more to get the free month.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
HaroldArgleston wrote:
I'm Harold Argleston. While I'm usually in the Library in Ravenwood, I do like to read what our players post in the Dorms section of the Message Boards. The Dorms are for all your ideas for Wizard101.

You may also know me from the monthly newsletter, where I tell students about books they can read that are appropriate for younger readers, and that resemble areas of Wizard101.

Each section of the message boards is intended for different discussions so make sure you post in the right area.
Ravenwood Commons is for general questions about Wizard101, such as how things work.
Halston's Lab is for technical questions about Wizard101, such as logging in, account questions, glitches and bugs.
The Dorms is for ideas about Wizard101, such as ideas for new pets, spells or anything else your imagination can conjure.
Pets is for questions and answers about the Pet Pavilion and raising and hatching your pets.
Player vs Player is for questions and answers about the Arena, and Player vs Player combat.

Knowledge is power.

Just a few thoughts on the pet issue:

1. Why not let your pet age as the wizard levels, as an example when a wizard levels, it could be worth 50 life/age points to the pet that is active at that moment. This would encourage a better balance of time between pet games and finishing quests.

2. I would love to see a new hybrid pet, where if you mic hydra and any major sipirt pet (Life, Myth, Death), tehn you get a spirit version of the hydra.

3. To promote pets that are dropped or mixed, allow those version to be used by any school. If you spend tons of crowns with someone to mix a pet only to get one you can not use is just plain wrong. Same feeling to think you won a great pet only to learn you can not have fun with it.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
HaroldArgleston wrote:
I'm Harold Argleston. While I'm usually in the Library in Ravenwood, I do like to read what our players post in the Dorms section of the Message Boards. The Dorms are for all your ideas for Wizard101.

You may also know me from the monthly newsletter, where I tell students about books they can read that are appropriate for younger readers, and that resemble areas of Wizard101.

Knowledge is power.

We REALLY need a way to report bad activity by multiple payers who you can not ID since they have the friend feature blocked. Yesterday, several of us were having to battle the Gurtok Demon for 3 hours because some kids using the character names Ethan Shadowhubter and Robert Deathcaster decided they owned the realm (Unicorn) and that we needed to all go elsewhere. So, they got on the battle and began to heal the demon etc. If we had some sort of live monitor who can be alerted to a realm and area to see whats happening, it would be better. What makes it worse, the kids reported the rest of us as having broke the rules and we got the warning window...NOT FAIR! A simple alert button in the corner, near the compas would alert a monitor to check in that spot/area.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Everyone knows were the transform potions are, well can there be more like wild claw, samoorai, sunbird, and the marleybone civilian's, and ETC. (you could think of some more)

-Matthew SoulHaven Level 50 ICE

P.S Please respond that would be dandy :) :-) :D