Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We Need More Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
This is an issue that has plagued the game for a while, and I would argue is the biggest issue with the game. There's just not enough variety of gear.. I got my Darkmoor robe late January of 2015.. It's currently April 19th of 2018 and I am still using that robe at level 125. It has been 3 years and I can not upgrade that gear slot, this ladies and gentlemen is an issue. Polaris came out in November of 2015, and we were introduced to our new top hitting boots, Not until November of 2017 did we get to replace those. Oh, if you want access to your best wands, you better have buckets of luck or buckets of crowns on the ready, because you've got to dive into massive waves of hoard packs. Do I need to mention how long we were stuck with Waterworks gear?

It's time to change it up guys. The longevity of the game is suffering because of this issue, and has been for a long long time. New content releases, people farm for a month, and then one half of the population go away until next release, and the other half slinks back into PvP.

How do we fix this? Easy, more gear, and I mean more gear with every individual world, not just every few worlds. Leveling through a world, doesn't reward you at all until the end of that world, where you are forced to farm one dungeon for one item of gear to finally change out of that one piece you've had for 4 years. We need to see gear scale as you level, so that we don't end up with another Mirage/Empyrea scenario, where leveling actually weakens you because your critical strike/block is decreasing, and you have no better gear to combat that until the very end.

On another note, we should not be restricted to a single set of end game gear. Give us a defensive set of end game gear, along with it's offensive, supportive, and healing counter parts, and for every single school. Most importantly, every single piece of these sets should be an upgrade from the last, ESPECIALLY gear I got from as far back as level 100.

Again once more, it's time to shake things up in the gear department. Yes it may take time, and perhaps some more budget, but think of what would come out of this much needed fix. Better business, and better player morale, aside from the inevitable frustration after some long weeks of farming. More variation in gameplay and more goals for individual players would surely make more players play for longer, generating more income from subs, and making the game more enjoyable as a whole. No downsides to that if you ask me