Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Various Gardeing ideas

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Mulch/Compost Bin
This is an idea I came up with when trying to figure out what to do with all those seeds and pet snacks I have. We could craft a compost bin, which would be considered a like by plants. What you would do is put in a number of seeds or pet snacks you don’t want, up to 100 each, and would provide likes to plants as long as there is at least ONE item in the bin. Seeds would expire on some kind of timer, but you could keep placing more seeds into the box/bin up to max. They would expire on a timer, with higher levels snacks/seeds lasting longer than lower level snacks/seeds. As long as one snack/seed is in the mulch box container, your plants would get a like for it.

Plots as likes
This is a suggestion that would NOT benefit all seeds. If you planted a seed in a magical plot, and it only requires a regular plot, the magical plot should be considered a like for that one seed. Perfect example, Couch Potatoes require a large non-magical plot. If you plant a CP in a magical plot, there’s no benefit currently and the seed will work just fine, so why not treat it as a like?

Pets
Something new for gardening should be Pets as likes at adult or above. So, some pets would work for all plants, and some for specific plants; Fire Pets for likes of fire based seeds, ice pets as likes for ice based seeds, etc.

What the scarecrow pet could do is bring the pests that can happen one rank down. For example, take the Queen Crape Myrtle. If a mega Scarecrow pet was placed in the house, near the garden plots, it would give the Queen Crape myrtle a maximum of Rank 6 pest. The Scarecrow should never ELIMINATE a pest requirement, simple diminish them. Also, as I stated a moment ago, the scarecrow pet would not yield this benefit until it was at mega level.

Key Limes drops
I think the Key Lime tree should have a SMALL CHANCE to drop skeleton keys at elder harvest. It should be a very small POSSIBLE drop, but totally NOT a GUARANTEED drop. This is the ONLY seed that should drop them. It would make sense that a key plant would drop usable keys