Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Useful stuff in all dungeons

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 08, 2011
This is specifically for darkmoor, but could kinda be used for aquila. Darkmoor has three dungeons and the only one worth your time is the third one. The first two are almost impossible to do because no one wants to do them. I think that the key bosses in the first two dungeons should drop some exalted duel level gear, and there should be like the best ring drop or the best deck or something, just enough to at least make the first two dungeons worth your time. Since we are moving towards an era of pick and choose gear not one best set, it could be like the final bosses in the first two dungeons drop a robe roughly equal to malistare's but less balanced. Like maybe blackwater drops an offensive robe and spirit of darmoor drops a defensive robe and malistare's is neutral. Thoughts?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Darkmoor I can see your point somewhat. Aquila already has specific drops for level 90 in all three with the secret bosses. They all have Exalted Mastery amulets. Gladiator has the Alpha & Omega Ring and Cronus has the Blade of the Felled Titan Athame. Gladiator and Squid have unique pet drops as well.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Bigboss1029 on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
This is specifically for darkmoor, but could kinda be used for aquila. Darkmoor has three dungeons and the only one worth your time is the third one. The first two are almost impossible to do because no one wants to do them. I think that the key bosses in the first two dungeons should drop some exalted duel level gear, and there should be like the best ring drop or the best deck or something, just enough to at least make the first two dungeons worth your time. Since we are moving towards an era of pick and choose gear not one best set, it could be like the final bosses in the first two dungeons drop a robe roughly equal to malistare's but less balanced. Like maybe blackwater drops an offensive robe and spirit of darmoor drops a defensive robe and malistare's is neutral. Thoughts?
I agree, darkmoor and a few other high level dungeons should have better drops to make it worthwhile for our time. I think harder the battle, better the drops. I did all of darkmoor many times and all I got was pet snacks, reagents, housing items, tc and maybe one good gear in my school after a few run through. I don't think all the other items which is nice to have will help me improve my wizard in harder worlds

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
I agree, darkmoor and a few other high level dungeons should have better drops to make it worthwhile for our time. I think harder the battle, better the drops. I did all of darkmoor many times and all I got was pet snacks, reagents, housing items, tc and maybe one good gear in my school after a few run through. I don't think all the other items which is nice to have will help me improve my wizard in harder worlds
Not really my point. Darkmoor has beautiful drops and it is definitely worth your time, my point is that all three dungeons are equal difficulty IMO and the third one is literally the only one with anything useful. I want to have the loot spread out. Sure there should be full malistare gear for final dungeon, but can't there be like an offensive and or defense set of gear roughly the same caliber? As it is now you get inferior versions of malistare gear as you go up, I think there should be like an exalted duel style of gear where is like the same amount of goodness but more offensive or defensive focused going up. Or maybe the best ring dropped in dungeon 1 and an amazing pet dropped in dungeon 2. I suppose Aquila has its stuff together. I get that its supposed to be build up to the big scary final boss but its all level 100. If its roughly the same difficulty, it should have roughly the same loot. I suggest that malistare has the balanced set and the first two dungeons have like the same thing but more focused. Like less resist and more pierce or something.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
seethe42 on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
Darkmoor I can see your point somewhat. Aquila already has specific drops for level 90 in all three with the secret bosses. They all have Exalted Mastery amulets. Gladiator has the Alpha & Omega Ring and Cronus has the Blade of the Felled Titan Athame. Gladiator and Squid have unique pet drops as well.
Ok, Aquila is pretty good at the moment. I suppose I just want gear in all 3 darkmoor dungeons to be the same. Like an offensive set in Darkmoor castle, a defensive set in the Halls and Malistair's good nuetral set.