Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Upgrade for crown gear from packs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2014
I had an idea for a future update. Instead of wizards having to purchase certain sets every 10 levels from packs (like say energy gear from the hoard packs which is quite hard to get), it would be quite nice to just upgrade what one already has every 10 levels up to the current max level so that the purchase isn't wasted, and people don't have to continually struggle to purchase new gear every time the cap gets raised. Of course, this would be a premium option, since the energy gear is gotten from packs anyways. Any thoughts?

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
I would have no problem with this idea, and I think it's wonderful.

Purchased sets (such as with bundles) often have much lower stats and buffs than gear you can get from dungeons and boss drops (which I think is very fair, and does not promote this game as pay-to-win). Therefore, I don't think that your idea would have any negative impact on the game, and would only make the purchase more worthwhile.

I have often used my bundle armors as stitched items, to keep the look, since the stats were worthless not only from leveling, but often were not up to par with my dungeon loot. Being able to adjust the level stats on a bundle armor would make me consider not stitching future gear I pay for.

However that being said, this would make Kingsisle miss out on my crowns spent for stitching. Perhaps a small crown deposit would be required to alter the level of the bundle gear?

Thanks for the idea! I hope my feedback helps.