Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unsocketing Jewels

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Hey you! Yes, you, Wizard! Have you ever had to farm for that one Pierce jewel that you wanted for your gear piece only to find out that another, better gear piece has been released in an recent update? Now you sit there, disappointed, as you have to farm for your Jewels all over again knowing that if you unsocket your current Jewels, they'll shatter. I feel like jewels should be unsocketed for free because that would encourage more people to mix and match their gear sets and not have to spend precious time and energy farming for jewels that they already have. A good example of this is probably the Aquila Jewels from the jewel packs (Wrath of Zeus, Wrath of Hades jewel, Wrath of Apollo Jade, etc). Why can't we unsocket our jewels? Why must jewels that we worked so hard for shatter once we unsocket them? It doesn't seem right or justified that you have to shatter jewels if you want to replace it for something else so I think in a future update, jewel removal should be free. We've all put jewels in a gear piece only to realize that another, better piece of gear came out with a level cap expansion, thus rendering your jeweled gear piece moot and you wallow in despair knowing you have to attempt to get your jewels all over again. At least they should make Wrath of Cronus, Wrath of Apollo, Wrath of Zeus gems shatter-immune considering that you can only get them from their respective class Jewel Packs, thus making them paid content. Why must paid content be shattered? I think the Community can agree with me on this.

Sincerely,

Blaze DreamBlade (Master of Myth and Monsters)
Blaze StormSword (Master of Storm and Lightning)
Blaze StarBlade (Master of Life and Nature)
Blaze MoonCloud (Master of Fire and Burning)
Blaze CrowWraith (Master of Death and the Dark Arts)

Survivor
Jul 21, 2011
I fully agree! And if they don't want to make unsocketing jewels "free" then they can just make it cost like 100 gold similar to the magic mirror

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
I agree that there should be a feature of the jewel being able to be saved upon removal from the socket. I don’t agree that it should be free or for gold. If you put a jewel in a socket it tells you that it will be shattered upon removal. I think 100 crowns to save one jewel is fair. I like this idea because universal pet jewels are rare too. Getting the correct universal jewel may not come again very often or at all. Love this idea and it would be amazing if it’s introduced.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
I totally agree! I'm stuck wearing my Rasputin amulet on my Myth because it's next to impossible to recover my 5% stun resist jewels. There's this one other video game I play that has jewels, and they have two options available for what you can do with them:

1) You can remove jewels from a gear piece in order to socket new ones, but the jewels are destroyed in the process.
2) You can remove jewels from a gear piece and KEEP the jewels, but the gear piece gets destroyed in the process.

You can obviously see #1 is the case in Wizard101, and I really wish they would add #2 as an option. I wouldn't care at all with getting rid of outdated gear pieces, since the jewels are much more valuable.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
BrahmShadow on Jan 13, 2021 wrote:
I totally agree! I'm stuck wearing my Rasputin amulet on my Myth because it's next to impossible to recover my 5% stun resist jewels. There's this one other video game I play that has jewels, and they have two options available for what you can do with them:

1) You can remove jewels from a gear piece in order to socket new ones, but the jewels are destroyed in the process.
2) You can remove jewels from a gear piece and KEEP the jewels, but the gear piece gets destroyed in the process.

You can obviously see #1 is the case in Wizard101, and I really wish they would add #2 as an option. I wouldn't care at all with getting rid of outdated gear pieces, since the jewels are much more valuable.
The only problem I have with your idea, BrahmShadow, is that it forces the wizard into a lose-lose situation, which is to either get rid of their hard-earned Jewel or get rid of the gear piece that the jewel is inserted into. While you may be correct that getting rid of some gear is good, I have to disagree. There are times where players like to "try new things" and mix and match their jewels and gear pieces so I don't see how it's fair or justified to force people into a lose-lose situation of either keeping their Jewel or their gear. You also have to understand that some gear in the game can not be farmed for and is thus much harder to get. An example of this is the Arcanum Crafted wands. Even at level 140, I still use those because their stats are good. If I want to remove the Jewel I have on them, like Stun Resist, why should I be forced to choose between keeping the Jewel intact (and being forced to craft my Revered Wand again) or keeping my Revered Wand intact but getting rid of my Jewel? Your idea is on the right track, but forcing people into a lose-lose situation isn't the best way to go about implementing a way to safely Unsocket Jewels.

Also, like I stated in my original post above, to kind of add to my reply, I really think the Aquilan exclusive Jewels really need to be marked as "No Shatter" considering that you paid Crowns to get them from their respective Jewel Packs. I really love my Wrath of Cronus Jewels but it's disheartening when the time comes that I'll never use them again because a new, better piece of gear got released. Wrath of Cronus, Wrath of Hades, Wrath of Apollo, etc, all of those are paid content and can not be obtained through normal gameplay and require you to drop Crowns on the Jewel packs so again, these Jewels, at the very least, should be changed to "No Shatter" to get the ball rolling on being able to safely unsocket Jewels without them shattering.