Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Universal Resist for Tanks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
I have been playing tank/support for over a decade now, I love the alternative way of playing!

The maximum universal resist is 99%, and it has been for many, many years. It's becoming more and more difficult to play a tank though. I just finished playing the new content and pretty much every single monster has a resist of over 20%, highest I saw was 27% I think? I've been taking on so much damage that it is reaching the point where playing a tank is no longer viable.

Would it be an idea to introduce some new gear so that a universal resist of more than 100% finally becomes possible? I feel that offensive players have been growing and improving for years, while defensive players have been stuck (frozen if you will ).

I doubt it would be a problem for PvP, since every level 130 player has at least some pierce? And otherwise just make pierce more standard on level 130+ gear, problem solved.

I really would love to see upgrades on:

Sidhe Staff (much needed for accuracy for a tank)
Heartsteel (Still using this one, even though it's level 5)
Elissa's Chill Band (make it completely defensive if needs be)

Thank you for your time and trouble!

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
The last improvement were the Rockstar Kicks from Baddle of the Bands, in 2015.

Resist has been standing still for 4 years, while pierce has been steadily increasing.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2017