Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unique charms or wards for each school.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 13, 2008
I was thinking that perhaps a nifty little thing to do would be to have a small charm or ward specifically for helping your school's spell. Here's what my ideas were:

Fire: Positive charm: Kindling
1 pip
Increases any fire damage over round spell to have an extra round of damage(4 rounds).

Myth: Negative charm: Anarchy
3 pips
It can be casted only on a summoned minion. It can be removed with Cleanse charm, but as long as it remains the minion will attack its summoner.

Death: Positive charm: Vortex
0 pips
The next steal health spell will do the same damage, but 60% of the health will be given to the attacker instead of only half.

Balance: Negative wards: Elemental and spirit Hex
4 pips
The next attack that is fire, ice or storm would be increased by 30%, or the next myth, death or life attack. They are separate spells.

Ice: Positive Ward: Crystal Shield
5 pips
The next 3 attacks will all be completely absorbed, and 50% of the attack's intended damage will instead harm the caster of the attack.

Storm: Negative Ward: Glare
1 pip
The next attack to hit the target has a 30% chance of being stunned for one round.

Life: Negative Charm: Corrupt
3 pips
If someone with Corrupt on him/her/it uses a healing spell(it does not matter who the original target of the heal is), the health will be randomly given to anyone on the battlefield, regardless of side.

Tell me what you think!

Lvl 69 Andrew Firecoin
Lvl 45 Flint BattleHammer
Lvl 38 Andrew Thunderstalker
Lvl 11(lol) Andrew Duskrunner

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DaMurph wrote:
I was thinking that perhaps a nifty little thing to do would be to have a small charm or ward specifically for helping your school's spell. Here's what my ideas were:

Fire: Positive charm: Kindling
1 pip
Increases any fire damage over round spell to have an extra round of damage(4 rounds).

Myth: Negative charm: Anarchy
3 pips
It can be casted only on a summoned minion. It can be removed with Cleanse charm, but as long as it remains the minion will attack its summoner.

Death: Positive charm: Vortex
0 pips
The next steal health spell will do the same damage, but 60% of the health will be given to the attacker instead of only half.

Balance: Negative wards: Elemental and spirit Hex
4 pips
The next attack that is fire, ice or storm would be increased by 30%, or the next myth, death or life attack. They are separate spells.

Ice: Positive Ward: Crystal Shield
5 pips
The next 3 attacks will all be completely absorbed, and 50% of the attack's intended damage will instead harm the caster of the attack.

Storm: Negative Ward: Glare
1 pip
The next attack to hit the target has a 30% chance of being stunned for one round.

Life: Negative Charm: Corrupt
3 pips
If someone with Corrupt on him/her/it uses a healing spell(it does not matter who the original target of the heal is), the health will be randomly given to anyone on the battlefield, regardless of side.

Tell me what you think!

Lvl 69 Andrew Firecoin
Lvl 45 Flint BattleHammer
Lvl 38 Andrew Thunderstalker
Lvl 11(lol) Andrew Duskrunner

You might want to rethink this. You have to remember that what ever our wizards get, sooner or later the bosses and mobs will have it too. Some of these just are not even reasonable. Example of that kind of thing is the spell Insane Bolt. No one wants one of their spells backfiring on them or a team member.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
i love these please respond to a similar post titled non attack spells. i would really appreciate it.
fire- kind of similar too mine i like it
myth- i like this one. Although it seems more Pvp focused (how do you determine who is the minion in a street battle) and kind of like beguile.
death- ummm... just have guiding light treasures in your deck.
balance- its called elemental trap and spirit trap
ice- waaay too powerful. absorbs cannot be indefinite. either just next attack absorbed or the. blowback thing. not three times one and the other.
i don't understand the storm one.
life- no, because it is mainly for use against life. so using in one out of seven battles doesn't work for me.