Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Uninvited people joining battles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Is there a feature that can be developed that inhibits players (other than your friends) from joining a battle in progress? I have been defeated by additional mobs joining a fight after an uninvited player joins and then flees, leaving me hanging to take on additional foes. Please provide any feedback to my e-mail. Thanks

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Phalev wrote:
Is there a feature that can be developed that inhibits players (other than your friends) from joining a battle in progress? I have been defeated by additional mobs joining a fight after an uninvited player joins and then flees, leaving me hanging to take on additional foes. Please provide any feedback to my e-mail. Thanks

No, there is no feature that will be developed. This is a multi-player game; it is not set up to disallow people joining your battle.
It isn't a lot of fun to have this happen, I know...been there, experienced that, but there's very little you can do except hunt for a realm where there simply aren't many people. Good luck with that! ;)

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
I have no problems fighting enemies in the streets and a uninvited player joins
This game is supposed to be team work meaning playing with players.If you
cannot deal with this don't even bother saying it. i also might join a fight
in the streets instead of me saying 'may i please join' i boost all the other's in the team or dueling area

my goal is to be the best pyromancer in the world 8)

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I know, it really stinks when people join your battle uninvited, or without asking, pull in more enemies then flee. It is also annoying when they jump in and do nothing but shield themselves while you are taking the punishment. There doesn't need to be a way to prevent people from jumping in, but maybe there should be a way to shame people out of their bad behavior! I know I try to ask before joining a battle, and if i get pulled in, i apologize and help kill what i pulled in. Fleeing when you jumped in someone else's battle is simply rude! :?

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
If it were up to me(and its not) anyone the joins and flees must die before fleeing. If people join my battles and only shield themself I will flee and leave it to them to kill the monsters. If people join my battle and shield those who need it most(person with the lowest health) I will stay and think: "Maybe they'er outta mana." All in all those who join my battles and flee will be hunted by me personaly and then I will PVP them somehow and kill them. So a message to all those who join and shields themselfs: If you do such a thing we will give you blame and pain! Why so such a thing anyway A prank? Its not funny!

Opinion stater,
Valdus Darkcaster
In all things there can be peace, yet there are always problems

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Well, there are 4 spots on every battle sigil. That should indicate that Wizard101 is built for group play. It's a stylistic decision made early in the development of the game, and one which makes it markedly different from solo-style play.

It's futile to complain about this problem. I've learned to simply enjoy those moments as opportunities to add challenge for my wizard's ability to innovate and adapt to change in battle conditions.

The only time I really mind someone entering my battle is when I have finished most of the MOBS off, have low health, and have set up my deck for minimal shields and heals. If I've done that, it's hard to regain health in sun spot, and then contribute to the new battle. But that seems to be my own personal problem; if I would prepare for the likelihood that someone will join me at inopportune moments, I won't have difficulty.

It's so much more fun to just say "hi" and carry on :)

Regards,

Qbb/Iridian/Scarlet