Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

unicorn in my yard

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
connor29475 wrote:
i keep seeing a unicorn in my front yard is this normal?

i saw a unicorn in my front yard, too! whats the deal???

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
connor29475 wrote:
my friend told me that every house has a hidden unicorn. i cannot find it. i guess it is normal.

Explorer
Jul 11, 2009
First off, what kind of castles do you guys have?
Second, what size is it?
Third, where is it located?
Find out, and plz reply!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
WaddleDeeMan wrote:
Second, what size is it?
Find out, and plz reply!

I have the first wizard city house. The unicorn is located in the little circle area of trees. It keep appearing in the same spot, bows, stands on it's back legs and kicks it's front and then disappears. About 10 or 5 minutes later, it appears again and repeats the steps.

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
WaddleDeeMan wrote:
Second, what size is it?
Find out, and plz reply!

It's a Wooded Cottage
It's medium, not quite the pet size or the myth summon size.
In the sunny spot that looks good for dancing, you know.
I saw my friend yell SUMMON UNICORN and I tried it but it's just weird. It wont work for me. Whoever the admiistarater is for this type of post, please reply! Just curious, you know. It may have something to do with the school houses, you know. It just seems like a life place.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
The only place I have seen the "unicorn in my yard" is in a wizard city house (not the mansion). It seems to appear periodically (you cannot summon it). Since I have never owned a house in wizard city, I dont know if this is new or standard with this house.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Ok, this keeps happening to my daughters house. It too is in a Wizard City house in the court yard in the circle of trees. This had not happened when she first got the house. but all of a sudden since the last upgrade it has been happeining. It is the neatest thing that I have seen. Is this something new or is it a glitch? What is she suppose to do with it if anything?

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
WaddleDeeMan wrote:
Second, what size is it?
Find out, and plz reply!
its in the small wizard city house. and its in the part of the path that is surrounded by trees

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
bakuga434 wrote:
WaddleDeeMan wrote:
Second, what size is it?
Find out, and plz reply!
its in the small wizard city house. and its in the part of the path that is surrounded by trees

First off, its just an upgrade for just that first house, second, they're making more upgrades for more houses. :-D

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
connor29475 wrote:
this is normal in the myth house the eye of the cyclops has a beam of light that shines down and when it does an orthrus appears and the cyclops moves

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
This is so cool! I took a tour of the first level WC house, and as soon as I said "SUMMON UNICORN!" it appeared.

Anyone know of anymore "visitors" in the other houses?

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I bought the Wooded Cottage a few weeks ago. I know that the unicorn shows up and I kept taking pictures, but exactly WHY does it show up? I would really like to know.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
I would like the answer to this one too.

At first I thought I had gotten lucky and received the unicorn mount as a gift. :D

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
This is the first thread about that unicorn thing not about someone saying "has anyone seen this before", so for that, I will answer you're question.

I have 3 basic theories:

1. Since unicorns supposedly live in a peaceful and nicely vegetated place, and that house fits that description.

2. A thank-you gift for buying the house.

3. KingsIsle put that in there as a surprise.

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
amtiger wrote:
I bought the Wooded Cottage a few weeks ago. I know that the unicorn shows up and I kept taking pictures, but exactly WHY does it show up? I would really like to know.

That is a really good question Amtiger. I am not sure why it shows up.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
in the wizard city housing and castle shop I bought a wooden cottage as my very first house. I recently bought a new house and turned my wooden cottage into a krokotopian museum. I used stuff I bought at bazaar and stuff I found in krokotopia. But anyways, what is up with the unicorn outside the house behind some bushes and trees. I dont get the meaning of that.

- Joshua Dragonbreeze lvl 37 pyromancer

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
colagada wrote:
They scare away the termites that would eat the wood in the cottage.

Very funny.

No, the unicorn is just for show.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
colagada wrote:
They scare away the termites that would eat the wood in the cottage.
I am the author of this topic. That was pretty funny and so are all of the other jokes you post on my topics. :D pretty funny.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
I was placing some stuff at my cottage when I heard a horse whinny. In the trees was a unicorn, full sized adult. It would stand there for a few seconds then whinny and stand on back legs, then disappear. It did that for about 10 times. Is this supposed to happen? What does it mean? I thought maybe the headmaster sent the unicorn so I went back to his house and he told me again that I needed to go to Grim. so went there and got a greeting and then nothing. Strange. I understand about the headmaster calling you to his office for really nothing, has already happened a few times. It's just I never had a visit from a Unicorn before. Any idea what she was trying to tell me? - Alura Waterrunner lvl 29 (marstn)

Historian
May 15, 2009
this unicorn is a special addition to the cottage
most houses have a special little "easter egg" for you to find
i only know a couple from houses I've been in or seen

cottage-unicorn surrounded by trees
ice school house- frozen gobbler
storm school house- storm shark swimming out in the water
life house- treants standing beside the trees outside the house

I'm sure there are others, keep a lookout for em

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
I've got the easter egg for the death house, it's a furnace in the basement that has holes in it shaped like an evil face.

It also shoots fire out of the holes!

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
I found an "easter egg" in the Death house. If you stand right in front of the house for a while it will turn into a scary face I freaked out the first time i saw it
-Jen Jen (Kelly RubyEyes)
Lvl47 Master Life

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I found an "easter egg" in the life house. Its the giants treants standing around the top hill that goes around.