Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ultimate Hero of the Spiral Mode

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
So in a few other video games I played, most notably the Borderlands games, there is a mode where you could replay the game with more level-appropriate drops. I think W101 could easily implement this, by having a way to replay a boss, dungeon, or possibly even a world at the wizard's current level. The game already implemented this with the master/exalted duels, but it would be nice to expand this concept so that there are more things to do at the end of the game.

The drops would have better stats, and it would add more variety to the good gear in the game (as opposed to having one single absolute-best piece of gear). No time would need to be spent developing new textures. We would fight the existing enemies and wear gear that looks exactly like the ones in the game, but just in different tiers. Also, there would be less people wearing the same Darkmoor gear around, if there was a variety of good gear pieces that differ slightly in stats from one another. Thus, no one piece would rule all, and the enemies would once again become challenging.

Just a thought that ran through my head, as I found my friend one-shotting every enemy we faced back when he helped me level up. I just missed the old days when my heart froze every time I got caught by a banshee in Sunken City, especially back when we couldn't teleport back (another idea for this game-mode).

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
While I don't know how feasible it would be to have Rank 14 mob units wandering around Unicorn Way, there are PLENTY of houses that could open up as our wizard levels up. There could be whole quest lines that take us back to Wizard City, Marleybone, and Mooshu.

Please do not think I'm against new worlds. I just think that equally challenging new quests can be had from exploring places in already existing worlds.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Area51Alien on Aug 8, 2018 wrote:
While I don't know how feasible it would be to have Rank 14 mob units wandering around Unicorn Way, there are PLENTY of houses that could open up as our wizard levels up. There could be whole quest lines that take us back to Wizard City, Marleybone, and Mooshu.

Please do not think I'm against new worlds. I just think that equally challenging new quests can be had from exploring places in already existing worlds.

Steven Ghoststalker
I agree, one idea I had was maybe a Wysteria-like world based out of Mooshu. That way we could be like "defending" our Spiral Cup against someone who's trying to cheat to win (likely from Pigswick). Maybe more areas to Mooshu could be added to do this?

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 114

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
Yeah of course it would be odd to have high level monsters in Unicorn Way. I was just thinking, a lot of realms remain empty or with few Wizards in them, maybe there could be tier realms, which unlock after you 1) finish the world, and 2) reach a certain level, and all enemies and drops are at that tier. I don't think it would be less of an incentive for high-levels to help low-levels out, since there is always the team-up kiosk and whoever wants to help would just go there.

At the very least, I still think that this happening to more specific instances could happen. It would render the exalted duels kinda useless, but there would be more to do without much extra development.

I also like what KI is doing, adding harder, better-rewards quests in the existing worlds (in places we haven't visited yet). This adds to the trivia and unexplained locations we might be curious about.