Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Type of cards I'd like to see in the future

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think Wizard101 should diverge from its current path of upping pips require to cast cards as we level further past level 70., as well as associated damage as damage is already high enough for most classes (balance could use a bit more and death seems to be around a turn behind my other characters). I want higher level cards to have level minimum level restrictions and class restrictions on them (I don't want others schools to be able to cast them nor lower level wizards).

Anyway, at the upper levels I'd like to see more lower pip cast cards and when it comes to higher pip cards I'd like their required to cast pips to top out and have the cards simply do different types of effects given about the same damage as before.

Life I'd like to see an attack all card that heals all, as well as a card that delays rebirth by a turn allowing life's side to be resurrected the very next turn should they die, and even a stronger resurrection type cards that allows them to keep their pips, blades, and everything they had on them at the time of death. Life feels a little displaced as the healer class other players use life amulets and pets that cast unicorn.

Balance I'd like to see a card that makes it immune for four turns from all adversities such as curses, stuns, targeting reductions, traps, etc. I would also like balance to be able to merge blades it has from the various schools into a combined balance blade.

Myth I'd like to see have cards that explodes opponents shields, and blades. Myth should also get a card that reshuffles its entire team's decks.

Death I'd like to have the draining type of effect that death had in dungeons and dragons that for the remainder of the match permanently reduces a players damage and a players health, so every time death makes such attacks the opposition permanently weakens.

I basically want to have more effect options given the various wizard classes that makes you feel like you are playing that school type while keeping future damage down so as to be able to use the various effects cards without giving up comparitive damage on their use and while not over powering damage further (damage dealt in PvP is out of hand and as well as in the game as the last world was way too easy given current massive damage). More effects, more options when casting, no more damage increase. I'd like equipment to also be like this. I'd rather choose between many items of different configurations and about the same top stats than have to go with about the same equipment with best stats in about everything given merely a higher level.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I think Wizard101 should diverge from its current path of upping pips require to cast cards as we level further past level 70., as well as associated damage as damage is already high enough for most classes (balance could use a bit more and death seems to be around a turn behind my other characters).

Um, why?

I want higher level cards to have level minimum level restrictions and class restrictions on them (I don't want others schools to be able to cast them nor lower level wizards).

Where's the fun in that? And what use does this serve except for in PvP?

Anyway, at the upper levels I'd like to see more lower pip cast cards and when it comes to higher pip cards I'd like their required to cast pips to top out and have the cards simply do different types of effects given about the same damage as before.

So...you want more utility spells? I'm not sure what you mean.

Life I'd like to see an attack all card that heals all, as well as a card that delays rebirth by a turn allowing life's side to be resurrected the very next turn should they die, and even a stronger resurrection type cards that allows them to keep their pips, blades, and everything they had on them at the time of death. Life feels a little displaced as the healer class other players use life amulets and pets that cast unicorn.

The proposed attacks are interesting, but way too strong even at this point in the game.

Balance I'd like to see a card that makes it immune for four turns from all adversities such as curses, stuns, targeting reductions, traps, etc. I would also like balance to be able to merge blades it has from the various schools into a combined balance blade.

The first proposed sounds more like a Star spell than a Balance spell. The second is confusing to me. Why would we need to combine blades?

Myth I'd like to see have cards that explodes opponents shields, and blades. Myth should also get a card that reshuffles its entire team's decks.

Myth's medium is dispelling wards, not blades. And reshuffling one's deck has been established as a Balance ability.

Death I'd like to have the draining type of effect that death had in dungeons and dragons that for the remainder of the match permanently reduces a players damage and a players health, so every time death makes such attacks the opposition permanently weakens.

No.

I basically want to have more effect options given the various wizard classes that makes you feel like you are playing that school type while keeping future damage down so as to be able to use the various effects cards without giving up comparitive damage on their use and while not over powering damage further (damage dealt in PvP is out of hand and as well as in the game as the last world was way too easy given current massive damage). More effects, more options when casting, no more damage increase. I'd like equipment to also be like this. I'd rather choose between many items of different configurations and about the same top stats than have to go with about the same equipment with best stats in about everything given merely a higher level.

This makes me wonder why this isn't in the PvP section...

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Pretty much all of those ideas are too overpowered.