Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two New Ideas!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 21, 2009
I have two new ideas that I was thinking about this morning.

1. Wizards should be more creative, so I thought we should be able to design their own oufits. And I don't mean take bits & peices from different outfits (though you could) to make a new outfit. I mean we should be able to make never before seen brand new outfits that would make your wizard unique. It wouldn't be like crafting where you would have to use reagants to make an outfit. You would sketch your own outfit, then you could buy materials to make your outfit special.

2. I also think that furniture should have purposes. Like you should be able to go to sleep and gain mana, or furniture trees could give energy for example. Or some of the vehicles could be shared mounts.

I hope you like my ideas. Thank you for reading.

Christopher JadeBlade
lvl.60 Theurgist
Master of the Oasis

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
christopher62597 wrote:
I have two new ideas that I was thinking about this morning.

1. Wizards should be more creative, so I thought we should be able to design their own oufits. And I don't mean take bits & peices from different outfits (though you could) to make a new outfit. I mean we should be able to make never before seen brand new outfits that would make your wizard unique. It wouldn't be like crafting where you would have to use reagants to make an outfit. You would sketch your own outfit, then you could buy materials to make your outfit special.

2. I also think that furniture should have purposes. Like you should be able to go to sleep and gain mana, or furniture trees could give energy for example. Or some of the vehicles could be shared mounts.

I hope you like my ideas. Thank you for reading.

Christopher JadeBlade
lvl.60 Theurgist
Master of the Oasis

Hrm... I see some holes in your concepts.

First, how would you sketch the outfit you're uber-crafting? Trying to draw on the computer is way too difficult, unless you have the creative talent to flawlessly sketch your dream outfit on paper, send it to KI, and have them painstakingly make this outfit byte by byte to gift to you when it's done, which would take way too long.

I'm not trying to sound mean, it's just that you need to elaborate a little more when you're sharing complex ideas like this.

On the flipside, I like your house furniture ideas.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
These ideas must have took time to create, and i'd say i like them. let me explain how i feel of your ideas:

1. The clothes idea does seem good, but people creating the clothes instead of from bits would take a LOT of time to actually put into the game. MAYBE instead of what you suggested, players could buy recipes for different parts of the customizable clothing, craft it, and then have a clothing designing station to design the outfit (NO, i ain't talking about the crafting station)

2. We could use some purposeful furniture, even though we have mini-game furniture. I would love to see something that could actually help your character instead of be an interactable with usually nothing refilled or gained.

Daniel Wildhunter, Master Pyromancer

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
I think I see where you are going with this -

A shop with a menu of options, such as choose your collar, your sleeves, your torso etc ?

And yes, it would be great if our furnishings had functions other than just looks.
Maybe the ability to sit down to replenish our health and mana? I can imagine laying down on the beds might open a whole new can of worms, but we do have chairs. :|

Defender
May 12, 2009
SpringRains wrote:
I think I see where you are going with this -

A shop with a menu of options, such as choose your collar, your sleeves, your torso etc ?

And yes, it would be great if our furnishings had functions other than just looks.
Maybe the ability to sit down to replenish our health and mana? I can imagine laying down on the beds might open a whole new can of worms, but we do have chairs. :|

I like the clothes idea and back to the housing, I love what the idea of regaining mana and shared mounts, you could buy feasts to share and regain health it would be great. In another game i played when i was younger going to sleep would keep your health up and you could actually use the tic tac toe pieces that you bought