Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Turbo Mode

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Speaking as a long-time player of Disney's Toontown Online, I (begrudgingly) admit that Wizard101 is a more fun game, with the storyline and cool gear. My main pet peeve is that battles take forever. In Toontown, the entire toon side can deploy their gags in the time it takes for one spell animation, particularly the higher level ones. (Cog side takes a bit longer because cogs always attack one at a time.) My solution to this is Turbo Mode. Turned on/off in your Gameplay options, this mode simply does not play the animations. You cast, enemy is knocked back, damage is dealt. This will make for faster battles. Obviously, having two people in battle, one with turbo mode and one without, would be disastrous, as the players would become desynchronized from one another. The solution to this would be to ensure Turbo Mode is on in a battle only when all wizards have it on. A Menu Chat phrase "Please turn on Turbo Mode" should be added to communicate this to people without Text Chat. Hopefully, this will take a little bit of the monotony out of boss farming.

Kane WildThief, Level 43 Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
While I have often found myself tapping my foot impatiently during a battle on many occasions and wishing for a 'turbo mode' myself a recent discussion with a friend of mine made it clear to me why this is not an option and here it is:

W101 is an MMO that allows other players to freely jump into the battles with you.

If you have your animation turned off and they don't you'd still have to wait the same amount of time in between each round because they may not. So while their animation is playing out, you just sit their waiting---it takes the same amount of time but one person has something to look at and the other doesn't.

Now maybe if they had turbo-specific realms that could change, but as long as players are able to enter other peoples fights without any prompting or authorization from the fights instigator it's not going to be a possibility.

None of this is to say I don't agree, I would love to be able to speed up the battle process a bit myself, especially on collection quests where i'm battling the same mob over and over again. But it simply isn't possible with the current set up.

Scarlet Shadow, Level 60
Keira Hex, Level 40

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I do wish play options weren't so limited while the spell animations are playing out. I'd like the 2-D displays to stay up, and I'd like to be able to display maps and my quest log and backpack contents. Let us DO SOMETHING while the animations we have already seen hundreds of times play out.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
AlphaWolfKira on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
While I have often found myself tapping my foot impatiently during a battle on many occasions and wishing for a 'turbo mode' myself a recent discussion with a friend of mine made it clear to me why this is not an option and here it is:

W101 is an MMO that allows other players to freely jump into the battles with you.

If you have your animation turned off and they don't you'd still have to wait the same amount of time in between each round because they may not. So while their animation is playing out, you just sit their waiting---it takes the same amount of time but one person has something to look at and the other doesn't.

Now maybe if they had turbo-specific realms that could change, but as long as players are able to enter other peoples fights without any prompting or authorization from the fights instigator it's not going to be a possibility.

None of this is to say I don't agree, I would love to be able to speed up the battle process a bit myself, especially on collection quests where i'm battling the same mob over and over again. But it simply isn't possible with the current set up.

Scarlet Shadow, Level 60
Keira Hex, Level 40
I clearly stated that it would only be functional if all players in battle had it on. Half my post was on this issue, please read before commenting.