Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tunnels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
Hey wizards my idea is what about if the tunnels weren't like a door and had to load they should be just tunnels you can walk through and not wait to load that would be amazing I wish the game would have that but they would have to much stuff in one area. Please reply your pros and cons.

-Stephanie seasmith

Lvl 24

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The obvious answer is already in your post. There would be too much stuff to load. Lag would be horrible and load times extremely long.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Natalie Willowblos... on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
Hey wizards my idea is what about if the tunnels weren't like a door and had to load they should be just tunnels you can walk through and not wait to load that would be amazing I wish the game would have that but they would have to much stuff in one area. Please reply your pros and cons.

-Stephanie seasmith

Lvl 24
I've always liked the tunnel in Wysteria where you go to duel Chester Droors for just this reason. Walking through tunnels would be great but I'm not sure if they're going to redesign the game for this feature. Maybe in future worlds?

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Pro: The game would look a little cooler.
Con: Lag would make the game unplayable, especially in Wizard City.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I seriously doubt that is practical from a code and database point of view. Merging zones in the manner suggested by OP would vastly increase the amount of data the server would have to be constantly updating for you, every time a player or mob moves or speaks or casts a spell in the zone you are in the server has to send info to you. The bigger the zones the more info each player in it has to be sent. The few seconds you have to wait for a new zone to load is the price you pay for keeping the load on the servers manageable.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
RavenLady777 on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
I've always liked the tunnel in Wysteria where you go to duel Chester Droors for just this reason. Walking through tunnels would be great but I'm not sure if they're going to redesign the game for this feature. Maybe in future worlds?
I know I love how the tunnels are in wysteria I agree

Stephanie sea smith

Lvl 24