Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Hunt

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Instead of having the next best clothing available as a drop from monsters that take 4 highest level wizards to have a chance of beating (and hope you get the drop) why not try this instead.

The idea is that you have to use all ( or almost all) aspects of the game.

The specifics would vary somewhat for each school.

1) Several Great battles
2) Tickets earned from Pet races or PVP
3) Crafting

You get information on a recipe that will create the ultimate Hat or whatever.

You are given clues to locations or characters (If you want to make it even harder you could leave off the quest helper). That leads to several big battles before finally getting the recipe.

Then you need to hunt down the necessary ingrediants. Again this could lead to several more quests and challenges, even a maze or puzzle like area (similar to those on Krockotopia)

You could even do a pet race where you pet has to win against automated opponents.

Now that you have everything together you have to craft it, but where....
Sounds like another quest or two to me.

After all of this I think you would feel like you accomplished something.

And of course you could do the same thing for other pieces of clothing or wands etc. And you could use any of the worlds.

And if you want to be cruel KI could make one item only available for purchase. (I know, I will probably get blasted for that comment) I just think it is unfortunate that you purchase something, craft something, or get something with tickets and it quickly becomes topped with a dropped item.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
It would be nice if the battles could be individual. It is difficult for people like me who play solo to find people to do the battles.

I have yet to get any clothing from any of the 60 level dungeons, by myself I die and the few times I have found people to go in with they either leave before the end or are not good at group attacks and we die.

I have even tried buying henchmen, not good on these dungeons.

It would be nice to get one of the big drops from these things.