Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Cards - Options revisited

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 16, 2010
With the advent of gardening and the masses of treasure cards available there, as well as the boss drops of treasure cards I think the management of treasure cards needs to be looked at again. There are two changes that I think would make maintaining our treasure card inventories much more reasonable. Then maybe Harold Argleson would quit telling me I have too many treasure cards.

1. Allow the sale of non auction treasure cards at the Libraries or Archivist. Selling these at the library keeps them out of general circulation, but still allows me to gain some benefit from having gotten them. I get tons of Polymorph cards from gardening and since that is not a play style I use very often I just end up deleting the cards. This is wasting the rewards of my gardening efforts. In addition, I have quite a few gardening pest control treasure cards that are just for rank 1 and 2 pests. Since most of my gardens get rank 3 pests or above, these are useless to me, and just take up space in my treasure card inventory. It would be nice to be able to sell them. They are at least tradeable though, and the polymorphs are not.

2. Allow trading treasure cards (regular - not enchanted) through the shared bank. With gardening and the mastery amulets now available, it no longer makes sense to have the restrictions on trading regular treasure cards within your account. Have a tab in the shared bank for treasure cards with a limit of 500, just like what we have in our backpacks. This would easily allow me to move the fire blades that my life wizard got from gardening honeysickle to my fire wizard without having to get my other account online just to make a trade.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Aritako wrote:
With the advent of gardening and the masses of treasure cards available there, as well as the boss drops of treasure cards I think the management of treasure cards needs to be looked at again. There are two changes that I think would make maintaining our treasure card inventories much more reasonable. Then maybe Harold Argleson would quit telling me I have too many treasure cards.

1. Allow the sale of non auction treasure cards at the Libraries or Archivist. Selling these at the library keeps them out of general circulation, but still allows me to gain some benefit from having gotten them. I get tons of Polymorph cards from gardening and since that is not a play style I use very often I just end up deleting the cards. This is wasting the rewards of my gardening efforts. In addition, I have quite a few gardening pest control treasure cards that are just for rank 1 and 2 pests. Since most of my gardens get rank 3 pests or above, these are useless to me, and just take up space in my treasure card inventory. It would be nice to be able to sell them. They are at least tradeable though, and the polymorphs are not.

2. Allow trading treasure cards (regular - not enchanted) through the shared bank. With gardening and the mastery amulets now available, it no longer makes sense to have the restrictions on trading regular treasure cards within your account. Have a tab in the shared bank for treasure cards with a limit of 500, just like what we have in our backpacks. This would easily allow me to move the fire blades that my life wizard got from gardening honeysickle to my fire wizard without having to get my other account online just to make a trade.

good idea and if ya want a tradeable treasure card on another character of the same file get a good friend to have the treasure card from you
and then meet them up in a certain area
then trade it to your other character

i like the trade in bank idea but eh its just being a bit lazy

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
1.) Agreed. There are some cards a wizard may never cast.

2.) Agreed so long as those treasure cards are the same type you can trade with your friends. If you can trade with others, why not trade with your own wizards on the same account? However, there are regular non-enchanted treasure cards that you cannot trade with others. Those would probably be restricted from shared banks too, to prevent overpowering low level wizards.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
kingurz wrote:
1.) Agreed. There are some cards a wizard may never cast.

2.) Agreed so long as those treasure cards are the same type you can trade with your friends. If you can trade with others, why not trade with your own wizards on the same account? However, there are regular non-enchanted treasure cards that you cannot trade with others. Those would probably be restricted from shared banks too, to prevent overpowering low level wizards.

i forgot ya cant trade polymorphs and certain cl treasure cards

and your right so to the poster this idea is

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
You are correct Kingurz, I never meant for this to be used for trading enchanted treasure cards. It would not be good to pass along a card enchanted with gargantuan to a low level wizard.

That being said, I would also like to point out that cards like gargantuan and polymorphs should still be allowed to be put in the shared bank to be traded in that manner. The mechanics are already in place for prevention of abuse of these by lower level wizards. I can go to the bazaar now and buy gargantuan if I'm high enough level. But if my low level wizard sees one in the bazaar she can't buy it. So the mechanics are there, they would just need to apply them to the shared bank. That way, if my legendary fire wizard is loaded up with gold and shopping at the Archivist, I can buy a ton of gargantuan and place them in the shared bank for my other legendaries to use. That keeps me from making 5-6 trips to the archivist to get everybody set. So call me lazy if you wish, perhaps I am. I prefer the term "efficient." LOL!

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Oops, I've had second thoughts on the last post. You can't put no trade items in your shared bank either, so the no trade gargantuan cards couldn't go in there either. The only option then would be to make them tradeable as long as some one was the approraite leve. That would be much more difficult programming task I would think. So, I guess, my efficiency there would still suffer. I must resort to wishful thinking.