Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training points.

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I KNOW I had seen a post at some point where it told you how many training points you would get. Or, at what levels you would get a training point.

I have spent a good two hours looking through the forums trying to find that post.

But, exactly how many training points do you get? I am level 38, and I would like to know how many more points I would get before I reached Grandmaster at level 50.

If someone could direct me to that post that has this information, or if someone knows this ontop of their head, please let me know. I appreciate it.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
Second FAQ.

http://wizard101fanwiki.wetpaint.com/page/FAQ%27s

The quick answer.

You will receive one Training Points every 4 levels till Level 20, then one Training Point every 5 levels till Level 50. i.e. 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50. This gives you a total of 12 Training Points. You will also receive Training Points from some quests. There is 16 Training Points total possible. This allows for complete training of a second school and the majority of a third school.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2008
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I want to thank you, BlackIce and Vogarte.

I looked forward to this kind of answer. While I was told it was every 5 levels at my level, I was never 100% sure until now.

I trained into Life school for the sake of healing spells and secondary damage spells, but ended up kicking my rear when I found out how impractical it was to be saving 6 pips for a Centaur Spell.

Learning about Death school's feint, and Balance school's elemental blade and trap, I have just enough points to get those three buffs, taking advantage of my final training point I will receive from Mooshu's Zeke.

Thanks again.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I KNOW I had seen a post at some point where it told you how many training points you would get. Or, at what levels you would get a training point.

I have spent a good two hours looking through the forums trying to find that post.

But, exactly how many training points do you get? I am level 38, and I would like to know how many more points I would get before I reached Grandmaster at level 50.

If someone could direct me to that post that has this information, or if someone knows this ontop of their head, please let me know. I appreciate it.
You get 10 training points from leveling up, and more training points from prospector pete and Harold Argleston.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Does anyone know if you tain in a second school do you get extra quests for cards like you do for your first schoo?

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Well all i know is that after level 20 you get a traning point every five levels up so do the math. I hope that helped. :D

Administrator
Remember many answers to your questions can be found in our Player's Guide:

At levels 4, 8, 16, 20 and every 5 levels after that until 50, as well as from certain quests, you will receive training points.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Developer
Stormshadow wrote:
Does anyone know if you tain in a second school do you get extra quests for cards like you do for your first schoo?

No, the extra quests for cards are only in your primary school.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
Are you sure that there isn't a training point at level 12?

Can someone answer this? I don't think there is one at 12... but did there use to be one?

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
carlsonkid1 wrote:
Quizzical wrote:

Can someone answer this? I don't think there is one at 12... but did there use to be one?

There is a point at level 12. The answer about states this. - One evry 4th level until level 20 - ,4, 8, 12, 16 and 20.

So - no more points after level 50? Does that mean no more new spells will be added to the game? There are new worlds being added, we are going to need different spells. one can only cast the same spells so many times before it gets stale. I definitly hope there is more in store.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
carlsonkid1 wrote:
Quizzical wrote:

Yes i think there was because when i played the first time level 12 got me a card

Survivor
May 15, 2009
i heard you can buy back your training points with crowns but i don't know how can someone tell me how please? :D

Administrator
When young Wizards first start out at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, they are often excited by the many different spells to spend Training Points on, such as shields and magical spells outside their school of focus. We understand that as Wizards progress, they sometimes wish they could return those spells in exchange for their Training Points back. Well now you can!

Mr Lincoln in Golem Court will allow you to Spend Crowns to buy back all your Training Points and return all of the spells obtained with those Training Points. You can respend your new Training Points as desired.

The price in Crowns is dependent on how many training points you have spent.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
Gamma wrote:

The price in Crowns is dependent on your level and how many training points you have spent, as well as how many times you have sold back your spells.

i have bought back spells one time. but i have a question. if your higher level will you pay more or less crowns? please someone reply with a honest answer to help me understand this. thanks

Aaron IceGem

see ya in the spiral

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
To answer your question, there are a total of 17 training points currently. When the new world comes live, there will be a total of 18.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Gamma wrote:
When young Wizards first start out at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, they are often excited by the many different spells to spend Training Points on, such as shields and magical spells outside their school of focus. We understand that as Wizards progress, they sometimes wish they could return those spells in exchange for their Training Points back. Well now you can!

Mr Lincoln in Golem Court will allow you to Spend Crowns to buy back all your Training Points and return all of the spells obtained with those Training Points. You can respend your new Training Points as desired.

The price in Crowns is dependent on your level and how many training points you have spent, as well as how many times you have sold back your spells.

not trying to sound like a downer or anything but that isnt really fair to people who cant afford to get crowns....you should atleast(in my opinion) but a gold option on too

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
this is how you get training points

every for lvls you shal recieve one like this

then until you are an adept charcter (a lvl 20 wizard)

You shall recieve them every FIVE levels now and i am lvl 20

like this:

there you go

now a F.A.Q

Q. i did not get the training point on level 12 why is that?

A. it is natrual i heard from before

Q. i do not want to do this way too much things to do.

A. Well not my problem though. BUT the tiring part is when you are on lvl 20
. So i might agree with you on that

Q. How can you level up easier?

A.check where i posted easy way to level up post
it is NOT and i mean NOT easy to do for an easy level up it takes a long time.

That is it that is my guide

your welcome

Luke StarSong

Lvl 20

in wizard city,grizzelhiem,krokotopia

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
For one.. by having a high lvl friend.

1. Have that friend go to the Labrynth in dragonspyre.
2. You port to him..
3. You find a safe spot.
4. He goes and does most of the labrynth.
5. In less than 15-30 minutes.. you will go from nearly level 0 or 1 to level 9.

Within another 30 minutes i was lvl 12 via the usual questing and stuff.

Its very very very easy this way.
Also since this wizard is my 2nd one, it helped that Ive been 'shared bank' anyting my lvl 50 wizard can give up or would.

My lvl 50 wizard is fire.
My now lvl 15 wizard is storm.

Defender
May 09, 2009
crusher2488 wrote:
carlsonkid1 wrote:
Quizzical wrote:

There is a point at level 12. The answer about states this. - One evry 4th level until level 20 - ,4, 8, 12, 16 and 20.

So - no more points after level 50? Does that mean no more new spells will be added to the game? There are new worlds being added, we are going to need different spells. one can only cast the same spells so many times before it gets stale. I definitly hope there is more in store.

that depends if you have finished prospector zekes quests that give 1 training point each. and KI is bound to add more worlds to the game wich also means more prospector Zeke quests

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008

No, the extra quests for cards are only in your primary school.moolinda you actually post

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Tikirace1 wrote:
Gamma wrote:

i have bought back spells one time. but i have a question. if your higher level will you pay more or less crowns? please someone reply with a honest answer to help me understand this. thanks

Aaron IceGem

see ya in the spiral
More or equal depending on how many training points you have spent

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Ok hey all wizards to answer this post original question,
1. Training points can be spent on other school spells and will be gained through certain quests and leveling up 4 times from lvl. 1 through lvl. 20 then every 5 lvls.
2. IF! you do ALL of Zeke's quests and your a grandmaster you will obtain a total of 18 points ( yes I did the math ) to spend.