Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trading spell cards w/wizards on same account

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
What I would like to see in our banks is a way to trade cards with our own wizards on the same account including enhanced cards. Some of my wizards have spells that in general they don't use but don't want to sell. They are taking up space. I also have a few enhanced cards that I no longer use since one of my wizards has become Legendary and another not far from it. Both of them have a few enhanced cards.

Also, what would be nice, is a way to choose which spells we would like to sell back for training points instead of having to sell them all back. Many of us only use certain spells from our secondary schools. It would give us the chance to get the spells we would use more rather than have a spell book full of unused spells.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
What I would like to see in our banks is a way to trade cards with our own wizards on the same account including enhanced cards. Some of my wizards have spells that in general they don't use but don't want to sell. They are taking up space. I also have a few enhanced cards that I no longer use since one of my wizards has become Legendary and another not far from it. Both of them have a few enhanced cards.

Also, what would be nice, is a way to choose which spells we would like to sell back for training points instead of having to sell them all back. Many of us only use certain spells from our secondary schools. It would give us the chance to get the spells we would use more rather than have a spell book full of unused spells.

I agree that it would be nice to place any treasure card in our banks for storage and for use among the other wizards in the account.

You may have already done the following. This is for those who do not know that you can do this.

A way to share your non-enhanced treasure cards with your other wizards in a totally safe environment

Open a second (free) account.
Make sure that you have changed the Wizard 101 graphics setting so that full screen is off (This makes it easier to move from one account to the other account - with perhaps one version of the game in the upper left corner and the other in the lower right.)
Start the other account
Now here is the tricky part – You have to be in the same location on the same realm (or use True Friends) and let your wizards from both accounts become friends and trade

Now you are able to trade the treasure cards that you need in a safe environment. This has helped me in crafting where the wizard that needs that particular card doesn’t have any and another wizard which has no need for that treasure card has fifteen of them.

(It will also prevent a so-called friend from running off with your Treasure Cards, while you are switching to a different wizard. Not that this would ever happen in the Spiral.)

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, first and foremost, NO! No way, no how, no ifs, no ands, and no buts about it! NO!

Now, here is why!

There once was a game, called Wizard101. They allowed you to trade enchanted treasure cards. So, people would get all the way up, to GrandMaster and make as many treasure cards as they could, using tough and keen eyes. So, Storm lord, Fire Dragon, Frost Giant, Rebirth, Scarecrow, Earthquake/Orthrus, and Power Nova were quite common. Actually, most healing spells were quite common, along with cards like tempest, heck hound, and judgment! Then came the abuse of all these cards in PvP! Because, you can't shield for every school, it would be just too hard to try. The game is made, so you choose a school at the beginning of the game! You have 7 schools to choose from! Then, you can spend your training points as you wish after that, however, you will NOT learn any school only spells from another school! Now, a main reason, that everyone was complaining, is because of the Old Wild Bolt! Yep, that small 10% chance to hit that did 1000 damage for only 2 pips. You could enchant that with a sniper and take it up to 30% accuracy easy! Then any school could have it.

No, KI took out treasure card trading for a reason and a very good reason. People want to say there is not cheating in this game, but KI keeps doing things to keep things "Fair" in the game!

So, think about it, because what might sound good to you, others will take serious advantage of, just because they can!

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Ok, first and foremost, NO! No way, no how, no ifs, no ands, and no buts about it! NO!

Now, here is why!

There once was a game, called Wizard101. They allowed you to trade enchanted treasure cards. So, people would get all the way up, to GrandMaster and make as many treasure cards as they could, using tough and keen eyes. So, Storm lord, Fire Dragon, Frost Giant, Rebirth, Scarecrow, Earthquake/Orthrus, and Power Nova were quite common. Actually, most healing spells were quite common, along with cards like tempest, heck hound, and judgment! Then came the abuse of all these cards in PvP! Because, you can't shield for every school, it would be just too hard to try. The game is made, so you choose a school at the beginning of the game! You have 7 schools to choose from! Then, you can spend your training points as you wish after that, however, you will NOT learn any school only spells from another school! Now, a main reason, that everyone was complaining, is because of the Old Wild Bolt! Yep, that small 10% chance to hit that did 1000 damage for only 2 pips. You could enchant that with a sniper and take it up to 30% accuracy easy! Then any school could have it.

No, KI took out treasure card trading for a reason and a very good reason. People want to say there is not cheating in this game, but KI keeps doing things to keep things "Fair" in the game!

So, think about it, because what might sound good to you, others will take serious advantage of, just because they can!

Ummm you can already trade your treasure cards with any other player... we want to trade them with ourselves, so my legendary pyromancer can give my unwanted fire treasure cards (collected from battle and gardening) to my balance wizard on the same account. My fire wizard really doesn't need a fire elf treasure card, but my balance wizard (level 25) sure could use it.

Of course, my balance wizard could go buy one at the bazaar, but it seems a waste of coins since I already have several on the account, just on another character.

Also, the accuracy does not increase the chance of getting the 1000 volt hit, it only increases the chances of the spell not fizzleing.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
TamelaD wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Now, here is why!

Ummm you can already trade your treasure cards with any other player... we want to trade them with ourselves, so my legendary pyromancer can give my unwanted fire treasure cards (collected from battle and gardening) to my balance wizard on the same account. My fire wizard really doesn't need a fire elf treasure card, but my balance wizard (level 25) sure could use it.

Of course, my balance wizard could go buy one at the bazaar, but it seems a waste of coins since I already have several on the account, just on another character.

Also, the accuracy does not increase the chance of getting the 1000 volt hit, it only increases the chances of the spell not fizzleing.

Ok, before you ramble on in a reply, try to actually read the entire post and understand it!

Enchanted Treasure Cards! You CAN NOT, trade them! I know what Keen Eyes Does, and what Tough does to a spell thank you very much! Do you?

Now, use tough or keen eyes on a spell and make it a treasure card! Can you trade it now, oh miss know-it-all? No, didn't think you could!

So, please, re-read the post and then try your post again.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Now, here is why!

I absolutely agree. NEVER should this be allowed. I honestly believe Treasure Cards should be removed from the game, due to PvP.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:

i agree with the whole thing! KI, I like this idea, PLEASE enable this!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Now, here is why!

Guess what? I have absolutely no idea what you mean, just so ya know. k bye now

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Now, here is why!

I can understand your point of view about PVP. I don't PVP, because I have watched a few of the duels and have also seen some of the cheating that has went on, but I would like to transfer some of the treasure cards to some of my other wizards on the same account and school specific. I have myth and death and life treasure cards on a couple of my grands that I do not use and are taking up space. I would like to be able to transfer those cards to my myth, death and life wizards with out having to set up another account.