Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To Be The Villian

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
I have been think about this idea for a long time. I thought that there should be oppisite worlds. They would be exactly the same just you would be a monster. Like, you would start out as a lost soul then a pirate skeleton and so on. This would let you progeress your way up the spiral to domination. I understand its a dark idea but i thought i would be pretty fun for players to have a cohice, Good or Bad.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
That is an unique, different, and awesome idea! That should be their next project! Except the spells and schools are different!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
mybe you could have a friend who is a villan or good guy and a wizards then you could battle and see which has stonger spells fyi i wanna be malistare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so yes i agree

Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I don't get everyone's obsession with playing villians.

I don't get peoples obsession with telling people they don't want the idea because THEY personally don't like it.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
That sound like a great idea, but what happens when you get defeated? What then? Would you start over as something else?

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
it would be like regular, exactly how you start off, just different spells, quests and other things

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
MrBodygaurd wrote:
I have been think about this idea for a long time. I thought that there should be oppisite worlds. They would be exactly the same just you would be a monster. Like, you would start out as a lost soul then a pirate skeleton and so on. This would let you progeress your way up the spiral to domination. I understand its a dark idea but i thought i would be pretty fun for players to have a cohice, Good or Bad.

Very well thought out and a great idea, I strongly agree this should definitely be added. If you look at the huge franchises like WoW, they have species classes too. And, I like the idea of being on Malistaire's team for once to really see the reasons he did what he did, especially for initiates who've recently started.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
mman17 wrote:
Very well thought out and a great idea, I strongly agree this should definitely be added. If you look at the huge franchises like WoW, they have species classes too. And, I like the idea of being on Malistaire's team for once to really see the reasons he did what he did, especially for initiates who've recently started.

Another Reason why this would be a neat idea is because i'm pretty sure there was a reason for maliestare to turn "bad". It could finally explained what made him the way he is. Also, the "bad' guys might be just misunderstood not actually mean.

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
SoarinOC wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

I don't get peoples obsession with telling people they don't want the idea because THEY personally don't like it.

I don't get people's obsession with taking part of someone's post, and changing it to make a point or correct them.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
dounut789 wrote:
SoarinOC wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

I don't get people's obsession with taking part of someone's post, and changing it to make a point or correct them.

I don't either.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2011
I got an idea! What if you can have a nemesis (like Mario and Bowser, Kirby and King Dedede, etc.). They can be your enemy and you can defeat them. The villain, of course, will have an evil plan. The good guy will defeat them and stop his/her evil plan. Like this:

Lost Soul (Dr. Evil):Yes, I will get idems for free!
Wizard (Megan Owl):Not so fast, Dr. Evil.
Dr. Evil:Well, defeat me, Wiz-zar-d.
*Megan Owl defeats Dr. Evil*
Dr. Evil:I will get you, Wiz-zar-d.
Megan:I did it!
Dr. Evil:Soon, I will be a Seleton Warrior.
*later*
*Dr. Evil is a Seleton Warrior*
Dr. Evil:Yes, wait, I have a plan! I will destroy those annoying Piggles. Then, people won't have Stray Piggles. Hahahaha!
*Megan Owl comes*
Dr. Evil:Again? Well, I will get you! *uses sword*
Megan:Wow, you got more powerful.
Dr. Evil:I know.
*Megan Owl defeats Dr. Evil again*
Dr. Evil: I will be a Dark Fairy soon, Wiz-zar-d.
Megan:I did it again!

If you have a villian, the villian needs a nemesis. That's just how it goes.

-Alia Owl

P.S Like my example?

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
tweetybird18428 wrote:
That is an unique, different, and awesome idea! That should be their next project! Except the spells and schools are different!

Um this idea has been said before.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
KI cant do this because it might be suggestive to kids like me that evil is good. Then their would be problems.

wiler5002
"When I say no I mean it"

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
wiler5002 wrote:
KI cant do this because it might be suggestive to kids lie me that evil is good. Then their would be problems.

wiler5002

Kind of worst-case, don't you think? How many kids do you know that take a magical world of Wizards, monsters, and shiny things as seriously as possible? There's a good chance that you don't have to expect any of your friends to start doing bad things because they play a villian on a kid's game.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
I've heard this a million times. On every game I play, somebody says that. But it will never happen, so don't get your hopes up.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
mman17 wrote:
MrBodygaurd wrote:

Thought-out? I've heard this one a million times!!!

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:
KI cant do this because it might be suggestive to kids lie me that evil is good. Then their would be problems.

wiler5002

Kind of worst-case, don't you think? How many kids do you know that take a magical world of Wizards, monsters, and shiny things as seriously as possible? There's a good chance that you don't have to expect any of your friends to start doing bad things because they play a villian on a kid's game.

No, I agree with Wiler5002. Superwiz1560, don't think it won't happen. Having someone you look up to (perhaps on a game) will change your attitude.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Superwiz1560 wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:
KI cant do this because it might be suggestive to kids like me that evil is good. Then their would be problems.

wiler5002

It might happen though.
wiler5002
"When I say no I REALLY mean it"

Survivor
Mar 09, 2011
wiler5002 wrote:

wiler5002

Uhhh, let me ask you something. Bowser's Inside Story is a video game, right? Did people say evil is good when they played it already? No! They liked it and there was no problem, exept Fawful blew up. So the villain idea is a good idea that won't cause any problems.

KI will do it's best to not cause any problems. It will make it fun for the whole family. The truth is, a villain can be good, and sometimes Kirby like (that explains Bowser's Inside Story).

-Alia Owl

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
cat12ninja wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:

wiler5002

No, I agree with Wiler5002. Superwiz1560, don't think it won't happen. Having someone you look up to (perhaps on a game) will change your attitude.

Yeah, maybe. But who looks up to a villian on anything? What kid plays this game and thinks 'Gee, I want to be like Malistaire someday.'

There's a difference between looking up to someone and thinking they're cool. Lots of TV and game villians are cool, but not many kids will actually look up to them, and if they do, chances are, they're not playing W101.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Madz12458 wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:

wiler5002

Uhhh, let me ask you something. Bowser's Inside Story is a video game, right? Did people say evil is good when they played it already? No! They liked it and there was no problem, exept Fawful blew up. So the villain idea is a good idea that won't cause any problems.

KI will do it's best to not cause any problems. It will make it fun for the whole family. The truth is, a villain can be good, and sometimes Kirby like (that explains Bowser's Inside Story).

-Alia Owl

Well Bowsers only good because starly a.k.a chippy is telling him what to do. And you never do anything evil with Bowser in the game. Thats why its rated E.
This came from a kid.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2011
wiler5002 wrote:
Madz12458 wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:

wiler5002

-Alia Owl

Well Bowsers only good because starly is telling him what to do. And you never do anything evil with Bowser in the game. Thats why its rated E.
This came from a kid.

Uhhhh, look closely and he is ruining the chances that Mario games could be Kirby like. I like Kirby better than Mario. He also destroyed my favorite Nintendo charater.

I like this guys idea and just say that Bowser's evil. He could give up his castle and become Bowsby. He could destroy King Fawful and save King Land, I am getting off topic.

I want Bowser Kirby like. In the meantime, I'm not playing Mario games. Uhhhh, I should stop typing.

-Alia Owl

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Superwiz1560 wrote:
cat12ninja wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:

wiler5002

Yeah, maybe. But who looks up to a villian on anything? What kid plays this game and thinks 'Gee, I want to be like Malistaire someday.'

There's a difference between looking up to someone and thinking they're cool. Lots of TV and game villians are cool, but not many kids will actually look up to them, and if they do, chances are, they're not playing W101.

Well most kids play this game and think "I want to be like Ambrose one day" But if you were helping Malistariare they might think "I want to be like Malistare one day" See what I mean.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
wiler5002 wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
cat12ninja wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:

wiler5002

Well most kids play this game and think "I want to be like Ambrose one day" But if you were helping Malistariare they might think "I want to be like Malistare one day" See what I mean.

No, not really. Just because you're playing as somebody evil will not necessarily cause you to look up to that person. Think of it this way: Does anyone REALLY want Swiper to steal stuff from Dora? People like Swiper because he's funny and think's he's cool because of his costume and funny voice. But anyone who really, truly looks up to Swiper's naughty deeds should not be watching Dora the Explorer. It's a similar thing on Wizard101.