Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To appease the level cappers...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 13, 2011
How about an interim (or permanent) solution for everyone, including myself, who is anxious about waiting for the next big expansion for a level cap increase?

Such as each time you die in battle above a certain character level, say, level 50 and up, you lose XP?

This might foster more of a sense of adventure and strategizing for battles. And if you keep dying to the point where you you drop below a key level, like 58, and lose the ability to cast that 58 spell, you would have to redo side quests to get back up to 60.

As an added twist, your level-dependent gear would automatically unequip if you fall below the minimum requirement, so you would need to equip older gear until you level back up.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
There is no way I'd ever want this feature added to the game. Ever. If KI added this to the game, that would be my cue to leave.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
I am not a big fan of this idea. I have a connection problem and from time to lose a battle because I lose connection.

I like that fact that my character is not penalized for losing a battle especially when this happens to me.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
HooVooLoo wrote:
How about an interim (or permanent) solution for everyone, including myself, who is anxious about waiting for the next big expansion for a level cap increase? Such as each time you die in battle above a certain character level, say, level 50 and up, you lose XP? This might foster more of a sense of adventure and strategizing for battles. And if you keep dying to the point where you you drop below a key level, like 58, and lose the ability to cast that 58 spell, you would have to redo side quests to get back up to 60. As an added twist, your level-dependent gear would automatically unequip if you fall below the minimum requirement, so you would need to equip older gear until you level back up.
How would that work with training points? Could someone essentially respec by down-levelling(sp?)? -eli and crew

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
Well, yes, it would be nice to see stuff like that happen, KI will have to do alot, plus people will get frusturated and quit. It is a good idea, but it is not fair to those who are young, going from level 60 to 59 in a nice, quick death. So possibly KI will add it, but no level loss. It may be some for some people, but for 98% of the wizards out there don't.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
I liked it when my balance was in the level 20-30 so i could destroy people at pvp sadly that will never happen :(

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Yeah, i would leave too. I am a level 48,and i for one, think this idea wouldn't make many high levels happy. :|