Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Time of day

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2016
It would be really cool if the time of day where you are at irl showed in the sky. The sky would be a different color depending on the time of day it is in your location.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
i was thinking about this, and have it where day time, Elemental schools get a +5 boost in stats
night spiritual gets +5, while dusk and dawn balance, astral and shadow gets it... so it will really make you choose when to fight with what spells....

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
That would be neat! The Commons or Olde Town at night, ooo.

How about night versions of the area themes as well?

Survivor
Dec 08, 2014
Survivor
Sep 20, 2016
I was thinking about this, and I think that this feature would be absolutely incredible.

Currently in Wizard101 the sky doesn't even change at all. Wizard City is constantly in daytime, Marleybone and Grizzleheim constantly night, etc etc. It doesn't provide variety and is really rather boring.

Even if the day-night cycles weren't synchronized to computer time, it would be nice to watch the sky change. Take Minecraft, the day-night cycles are only twenty minutes long; but it still provides that wondrous feel of wonder (lol) as the lighting in the area changes gradually.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
Great idea this would be a nice to be added but one problem what about the miday estates and the variations there.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This would require redoing all the graphics for the entire game. Way to much work for a downsized staff and offers no benefit for the huge cost it would be to KI.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I think that this would be a neat addition for some areas, but yeah some areas like Nightside are just generally all around better at night. If KI adds this that would be awesome, but I also agree with SeeThe42 that this isn't the most necessary thing either.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2016
seethe42 on Oct 4, 2016 wrote:
This would require redoing all the graphics for the entire game. Way to much work for a downsized staff and offers no benefit for the huge cost it would be to KI.
I don't see how this would require redoing all of the game's graphics. Simply a few more frame strips for day/night cycles and some time code shouldn't be extremely difficult? (That's just my assessment of what it would take, though.)

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
or make actual worlds stay put, but homes owner can decide his/her time of sky